Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Grey Wolf

Anime II: Back to Zero

Recommended Posts

Caught up on Re: Zero and Seven Deadly Sins. Currently binging Avatar: The Last Airbender. After that maybe Attack on Titan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t post much, more of a lurker but started watching One Piece for the beginning. I shall see how that goes, I hear it’s coming up to a 1000 episodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Budgie said:

Don’t post much, more of a lurker but started watching One Piece for the beginning. I shall see how that goes, I hear it’s coming up to a 1000 episodes.

Okay, I'm curious whether you can tell us in, like, five years or so whether they found the damn treasure yet.^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toth said:

Okay, I'm curious whether you can tell us in, like, five years or so whether they found the damn treasure yet.^^

lol

I’ve already stopped once to watch some thing else, so may take longer then five years.

In that break I managed to watch March comes in like a Lion, which was a complete change of pace and I really enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Budgie said:

lol

I’ve already stopped once to watch some thing else, so may take longer then five years.

I mean... I feel you. I started to watch the entirety of Detective Conan, about 7 years ago and still only got till... *checks bookmark* Episode 855. Detective Conan just hit the 1000 episode mark as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2021 at 2:57 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

Caught up on Re: Zero and Seven Deadly Sins. Currently binging Avatar: The Last Airbender. After that maybe Attack on Titan?

I'm working my way through Attack on Titan rewatching the first two seasons. I don't know how but my memory of season 2 was incredibly patchy as if I missed the entire middle third of the season so I'm pleased I went back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

@red snow

Do you recommend I get back into AoT? I stopped at the end of S2.

If you do catch up, you won’t have to wait much longer for an ending. It’s on the final season right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

If you do catch up, you won’t have to wait much longer for an ending. It’s on the final season right now. 

Yeah but a close friend who reads the manga doesn't like where the anime's going and so I'd like a second opinion as to whether or not finishing the series would be a good time investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

Yeah but a close friend who reads the manga doesn't like where the anime's going and so I'd like a second opinion as to whether or not finishing the series would be a good time investment.

I assume it’s because of what Eren has decided to do.

The anime only follows the manga. 
 

His decisions are extreme, but I can’t say they are out of the realm of possibility from what we know of his personality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I assume it’s because of what Eren has decided to do.

The anime only follows the manga. 

His decisions are extreme, but I can’t say they are out of the realm of possibility from what we know of his personality. 

Ok. I'll put it on my watch list again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What do you think about the In/Spectre series?! Has anyone watched it already? I just want to watch something new, however I am not really sure which series are really great and exciting, but a friend of mine told me that he is watching IN/Spectre, and he said that it is really great. I am not really sure, as you know... I do not really trust him from this point of view. I mean, he was a great fan of The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, probably one of the worst anime series ever. I told him that he must find more interesting series, as this one, is really terrible.

Edited by Virgilius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2021 at 11:03 AM, The Grey Wolf said:

Decided to skip ATLOK.

Bad move.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:55 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

@red snow

Do you recommend I get back into AoT? I stopped at the end of S2.

Season 3 is much stronger than season 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Grey Wolf said:

@Virgilius

Never heard of it.

@Red Tiger

From what I've read I just don't think the show would be a good fit for me.

That's kind of the problem. From what you've heard or read rather than what you've seen. You should watch one season and then judge for yourself if it's worth continuing.

Something can be awful on paper and then turn out great (my experience with Bojack Horseman, for instance). Meanwhile something can sound brilliant but be utter garbage in execution.

Edited by Red Tiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 10:55 PM, The Grey Wolf said:

@red snow

Do you recommend I get back into AoT? I stopped at the end of S2.

I thought season 3 was a lot stronger than season 2. There's two distinct arcs - one is centred around a coup d'etat and has some cool variations on ODM gear and a fair amount of backstory. The second arc is more akin to the battle for trost with big epic confrontation with Titans.

I haven't started the final season yet but I'm a bit confused as it seems the manga goes further than the anime so I'm guessing the story must diverge. That said, the orginal creator seems to have a fair amount of say in the show - he apparently asked for specific changes in season 3 to address what he felt were pacing issues in the manga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Grey Wolf said:

@red snow

Thanks. I'll bump it up my watch list.

@Red Tiger

Three episode rule it is then.

No problem. As others have mentioned I think the show finishes at the end of the month so you may as well time it so you can finish the whole thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...