Daemon I Blackfyre Vs Robert I Baratheon

Orm

Just now, Orm said:

Lol...... We all know how that ended.....

Also the  abnormal mountain doesn't compare to the well-balanced inhumanly strong Rob as a fighter.....

Oberyn won the fight. He was trying to get the confession out of the Mountain. Not to mention the Mountain is dead from the poison.

It Robert a long time to kill Rhaegar. Rhaegar isn’t the same tier as other fighters.

2 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

Oberyn won the fight. He was trying to get the confession out of the Mountain. Not to mention the Mountain is dead from the poison.

Oberyn won the fight against the mountain because of using a style which he was Tayloring for years to kill that specific guy.......... And still lost out of stupidity.......

Also poisons not allowed in this scenario.....

4 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

did. It is just someone who uses opinions, and not facts.

Your right.........If we go by facts then Rob has an unbeaten record all his life if we do not include fantasy Boars while he was intoxicated and overweight...... And even that was a tie........

Now take your baseless opinions elsewhere............

1 minute ago, Orm said:

Oberyn won the fight against the mountain because of using a style which he was Tayloring for years to kill that specific guy.......... And still lost out of stupidity.......

Also poisons not allowed in this scenario.....

Your right.........If we go by facts then Rob has an unbeaten record all his life if we do not include fantasy Boars while he was intoxicated and overweight...... And even that was a tie........

Now take your baseless opinions elsewhere............

Robert was scared of Randyll Tarly. Who crushed his forces. If Robert is superhuman. He wouldn’t fled from Rhandyll Tarly. Robert was wounded from Rhandyll, and was running from Jon Connington. 

5 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

Robert was scared of Randyll Tarly. Who crushed his forces. If Robert is superhuman. He wouldn’t fled from Rhandyll Tarly. Robert was wounded from Rhandyll, and was running from Jon Connington. 

I would not call a tactical retreat a defeat unlike you......... Cause that would be retarded...... And I am not comparing them as Commanders but fighters....... Cause Rob beats him since he won the war and Daemon lost.......

Your opinions or arguments are to put it mildly 'reductant'.......... So kindly take them elsewhere :)

43 minutes ago, Orm said:

I would not call a tactical retreat a defeat unlike you......... Cause that would be retarded...... And I am not comparing them as Commanders but fighters....... Cause Rob beats him since he won the war and Daemon lost.......

Your opinions or arguments are to put it mildly 'reductant'.......... So kindly take them elsewhere :)

Where did Robert get the wound from? He ran from Randyll Tarly. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJ3O8QJH1o

Someone is in deep denial.:o

29 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

If there is a direct quote or text in AGOT to ADWD that states that Randyll and Rob met in single combat, Rob got injured and then ran............  Show it and then I will apologize........... If not then I can't take you seriously......

34 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

:agree:

It is pretty clear who that someone is..........

Next time I won't be kind enough to grace your baseless opinion with an answer........

45 minutes ago, Orm said:

If there is a direct quote or text in AGOT to ADWD that states that Randyll and Rob met in single combat, Rob got injured and then ran............  Show it and then I will apologize........... If not then I can't take you seriously......

:agree:

It is pretty clear who that someone is..........

Next time I won't be kind enough to grace your baseless opinion with an answer........

Where did Robert get the wound from? 

Why flee Randyll Tarly?

Someone is desperately trying rationalize their position. 

On 7/26/2020 at 12:30 PM, Orm said:

So it doesn't cut Steel....... But is better than normal swords.........

I can't tell. As far as I know it could cut through steel like butter but given the rarity of its use in the series, I don't think I've seen a single fight with a Valyrian sword against a fully armoured opponent, so I can't give any definitive quotes.

I have to mention that Robert's Warhammer wasn't an ordinary one either........ It was so heavy that Ned( a well built man) could scarcely lift it( qualifies as fantasy hammer).......... And Rob used to use it one-handed........ The level strength and dexterity needed to pull that off is inhuman.........

Very much true.

I meant as a leader/general........ Not as a monarch........... Although Aegon and Robert both used off hands method to rule........

I am terribly sorry for nitpicking but then you should have said "general" or military leader. As for Aegon and Robert I would say the difference is that Aegon has a clue what he's doing while Robert just wants to avoid responsibility.

But the problem is that Daemon lost and Robert won.......... It doesn't take away from your argument but adds to it....... Sure Eustace and Ned maybe hyping a bit in reminiscence but they had those hyper masculine features there to fantasize about in the first place......

Very much agree with this. The warrior ideal is incredibly strong in Westeros as far as I can tell, so its not suprise that many, even most, people think that praising a man's warrior capabilities is pretty much the highest praise there is. And given the sexist nature of Westerosi society, the same is kind of an insult when directed to women. A case example is Brienne who is treated horrifically due to traits that would most likely win her great praise if she'd been a man.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:34 AM, BloodyJollyRoger said:

It Robert a long time to kill Rhaegar. Rhaegar isn’t the same tier as other fighters.

Do we have a quote that says it took him a while to kill Rhaegar? We have no idea how long the fight lasted, only that he took was cut. Could have been one stab with the sword.

4 hours ago, nyser1 said:

Do we have a quote that says it took him a while to kill Rhaegar? We have no idea how long the fight lasted, only that he took was cut. Could have been one stab with the sword.

Robert got wounded before in the Battle Of Ashford, because Randyll Tarly defeated his forces.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:34 AM, Orm said:

When I first read about the description of Daemon Blackfyre, it instantly reminded me of Ned's description (tempted me to look at a few yaoi fics) of Bobby B in his youth.

Anyways these two Characters have a quite a few parallels with each other. Those being:

1) Built like demi-gods in their prime/youth.

2) Described as other-worldly warriors and have actual feats to back it up.

3) Are/Were leaders of off-shoot Targaryen houses.( I think Orys was actually the trio's half-brother)

Roberts victory at the trident parallels Daemons defeat at the red grass field. Daemon tried to save his honourable foe before winning the battle where as Bob saved Barristan after winning the battle/war.

So,Daemon reminds me of the Roman god Mars and Robert reminds me the Norse god Thor. Who would win in a fight between them if they fought in their prime?

I wouldn’t call the Baratheons an off shoot of the Targaryens. They’re mostly Durrandon anyways and Orys is only rumoured to be a Targaryen bastard. Anyways, this could go either way. Although I’d probably favour Robert, because of his weapon.

On 7/27/2020 at 1:40 AM, BloodyJollyRoger said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qIJ3O8QJH1o

You do know that the battle was described as indecisive by an impartial source, right?

Mace Tyrell spoke up. “Is there anything as pointless as a king without a kingdom? No, it’s plain, the boy must abandon the riverlands, join his forces to Roose Bolton’s once more, and throw all his strength against Moat Cailin. That is what I would do.”

Tyrion had to bite his tongue at that. Robb Stark had won more battles in a year than the Lord of Highgarden had in twenty. Tyrell’s reputation rested on one indecisive victory over Robert Baratheon at Ashford, in a battle largely won by Lord Tarly’s van before the main host had even arrived. The siege of Storm’s End, where Mace Tyrell actually did hold the command, had dragged on a year to no result, and after the Trident was fought, the Lord of Highgarden had meekly dipped his banners to Eddard Stark.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, BloodyJollyRoger said:

Why are you making things up? Robert cut through half a dozen men, including a Rhaegars squire and a famous knight, Ser Myles Mooton. He then defeated Jon Connington in single combat. He did this while wounded and without his signature weapon. Jon Connington was handpicked by Aerys, because he was a great warrior. He defeated Hoster Tully and killed Ser Denys Arryn, the darling of the Vale.

Robert emerged from his brothel with a blade in hand, and almost slew Jon on the steps of the old sept that gave the town its name.

55 minutes ago, Arthur Peres said:

Given that even while ouy of prime, fat, drunk and gored Robert still killed a giant boar with only a small knife, I have no doubt that even if Daemon cut him open clean, Robert would still break Daemon's neck with his bare hands and end him before going down.

No doubt Daemon would cut his leg  or arm off.

24 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Why are you making things up? Robert cut through half a dozen men, including a Rhaegars squire and a famous knight, Ser Myles Mooton. He then defeated Jon Connington in single combat. He did this while wounded and without his signature weapon. Jon Connington was handpicked by Aerys, because he was a great warrior. He defeated Hoster Tully and killed Ser Denys Arryn, the darling of the Vale.

Robert emerged from his brothel with a blade in hand, and almost slew Jon on the steps of the old sept that gave the town its name.

A bunch of Cannon Fodders.

24 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Where the wound came from?

35 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

wouldn’t call the Baratheons an off shoot of the Targaryens. They’re mostly Durrandon anyways and Orys is only rumoured to be a Targaryen bastard. Anyways, this could go either way. Although I’d probably favour Robert, because of his weapon.

Yeah I agree that everything about the  Baratheons is Durrandon......(ie: rebranded Durrandons)........ Orys being a half-targ was confirmed in FB, right? Well even if not....... The title Baratheon seems to be some sort of Targaryen derivative...... What I mean is that Orys seemed to get treated as a great Targ Bastard in-universe........ Such as Daemon, Brynden , Shaera , Aegor etc.... They have titles such as Blackfyre, Bloodraven, Seastar, Bittersteel etc.... Orys had the good sense to ingradiate his title into the 8000 year old Durrandon bloodline ........ But his ancestors turned out be Argilac then him......

26 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Daemon Blackfrye was unchallenged. He has defeated Arryn forces. A would have won the battle if he didn’t battle a Kingsguard Gwayne Corbray.

Archived