Daemon I Blackfyre Vs Robert I Baratheon

Orm

3 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

Daemon Blackfrye was unchallenged

I seem to remember he participated in his sister/unrequited love's wedding tourney...... And lost to Baelor blackspear.......lol

And Rob was unchallenged throughout his rebellion.....unlike straight-laced Daemon.......

10 hours ago, Lion of the West said:

can't tell. As far as I know it could cut through steel like butter but given the rarity of its use in the series, I don't think I've seen a single fight with a Valyrian sword against a fully armoured opponent, so I can't give any definitive quotes

But we somewhat do know........ Daemon Vs Crobray was Valyrian steel against Valyrian steel........ The fight is described to be intense and went on for over an hour....... If so then it is given that it can't cut armour or shield..... Then fights would be over quick........

But then it said that Valyrian steel Vs Valyrian steel made the fight spectacular....... So it is better than normal steel......

35 minutes ago, Orm said:

I seem to remember he participated in his sister/unrequited love's wedding tourney...... And lost to Baelor blackspear.......lol

And Rob was unchallenged throughout his rebellion.....unlike straight-laced Daemon.......

Robert ran from Tarly like a coward.

Baelor Breakspear is a badass, and is chad.

39 minutes ago, Orm said:

Robert was running away, and needed to be saved by The Faith known as the battle of bells.

1 hour ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

A bunch of Cannon Fodders.

A bunch of knights including two famous ones while he was wounded.

Where the wound came from?

We don’t know.

Daemon Blackfrye was unchallenged. He has defeated Arryn forces. A would have won the battle if he didn’t battle a Kingsguard Gwayne Corbray.

Ned fought Arthur Dwayne and considered Robert a peerless warrior. The greatest in the realm. He had top tier strength. He was 6’6, he could wield in one hand a hammer that was difficult for a grown man to carry with two and he was incredibly versatile. He was skilled with war hammers, swords, spears, knives and axes. He killed a monstrously oversized boat while over a decade out of shape, obese, drunk, drugged, with his insides sliding out of his belly and Jon Arryns old hunting knife. He still lasted over a day before dying. He personally killed Lord Grafton, Lord Grandison, Silver Axe and Prince Rhaegar. Barristan considered him a great knight. Trying to deny that Robert was one of the best warriors in the realm is silly.

1 hour ago, Orm said:

Yeah I agree that everything about the  Baratheons is Durrandon......(ie: rebranded Durrandons)........ Orys being a half-targ was confirmed in FB, right? Well even if not....... The title Baratheon seems to be some sort of Targaryen derivative...... What I mean is that Orys seemed to get treated as a great Targ Bastard in-universe........ Such as Daemon, Brynden , Shaera , Aegor etc.... They have titles such as Blackfyre, Bloodraven, Seastar, Bittersteel etc.... Orys had the good sense to ingradiate his title into the 8000 year old Durrandon bloodline ........ But his ancestors turned out be Argilac then him......

Is Baratheon Valyrian? The Theon part seems to be Westerosi (Theon Greyjoy, a Theon a Stark etc.).

2 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Is Baratheon Valyrian? The Theon part seems to be Westerosi (Theon Greyjoy, a Theon a Stark etc.).

Well..... If we go by Hebrew then Baratheon roughly translates into 'Son of God'.........Barring that Martin left it up in the air where his title/name came from...... He kept everything of the Durrandons as a montage to them....... Maybe Baratheon is also something he is doing out of respect for something or someone....

And I think it's more Valyrian then First-Men because of the prefix...

As in,

Targary-EN

Velary-ON

Barathe-ON

1 hour ago, Orm said:

Well..... If we go by Hebrew then Baratheon roughly translates into 'Son of God'.........Barring that Martin left it up in the air where his title/name came from...... He kept everything of the Durrandons as a montage to them....... Maybe Baratheon is also something he is doing out of respect for something or someone....

And I think it's more Valyrian then First-Men because of the prefix...

As in,

Targary-EN

Velary-ON

Barathe-ON

I guess it’s possible, but again... we have Theons from Westeros. Let’s agree to disagree.:P

13 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I guess it’s possible, but again... we have Theons from Westeros. Let’s agree to disagree.:P

Is there any house(first-men or Andal) that has a name with Theon in it, besides Baratheon?

3 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

We don’t know.

Ned fought Arthur Dwayne and considered Robert a peerless warrior. The greatest in the realm. He had top tier strength. He was 6’6, he could wield in one hand a hammer that was difficult for a grown man to carry with two and he was incredibly versatile. He was skilled with war hammers, swords, spears, knives and axes. He killed a monstrously oversized boat while over a decade out of shape, obese, drunk, drugged, with his insides sliding out of his belly and Jon Arryns old hunting knife. He still lasted over a day before dying. He personally killed Lord Grafton, Lord Grandison, Silver Axe and Prince Rhaegar. Barristan considered him a great knight. Trying to deny that Robert was one of the best warriors in the realm is silly.

You misspelled Boar.

Daemon Blackfrye fought like the warrior himself. He slew the Arryn Vanguard. Randyll gave that wound to Robert. This why he fed. Swordsmanship important is to have speed,agility, and reflexes. Daemon would dance around Robert.

7 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

We don’t know.

Daemon was also incredibly versatile. He mastered all battlefield weapons.  Robert was a great warrior but so was Daemon. A 1v1 fight between the two of them is a coin toss. 

9 hours ago, Orm said:

Robert lost in a tourney before too... 

1 hour ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Robert lost in a tourney before too... 

The one against Barristan? the tourney held in Storm-lands? When he was a kid?

2 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Daemon was also incredibly versatile. He mastered all battlefield weapons.  Robert was a great warrior but so was Daemon. A 1v1 fight between the two of them is a coin toss. 

Yeah...... Of course...... That's why they are among my top fantasy fighters in ASOIAF....... But the more I think about it the more it seems that Rob would have the edge the longer the fight draws....... See above posts for my reasoning......

20 hours ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

Robert got wounded before in the Battle Of Ashford, because Randyll Tarly defeated his forces.

Serious enough that he was not at full strong but minor enough that he literally joined the battle. From what we can infer, the date was not too far after Ashford. For all we know, he was scraped and it festered.

8 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Reinforcements has arrived.

6 hours ago, Orm said:

The one against Barristan? the tourney held in Storm-lands? When he was a kid?

Yeah...... Of course...... That's why they are among my top fantasy fighters in ASOIAF....... But the more I think about it the more it seems that Rob would have the edge the longer the fight draws....... See above posts for my reasoning......

He wasn't a kid though. He was at least 16, probably older. I would think the longer the fight goes on, the worse it'd be for Robert. Stamina would come into play. Roberts swinging around a heavy warhammer and Daemon has Blackfyre, which is lighter then a normal sword.  Even a slight dip in Roberts stamina would be huge disadvantage in a fight against a highly skilled opponent, like Daemon. 

3 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

He wasn't a kid though. He was at least 16, probably older. I would think the longer the fight goes on, the worse it'd be for Robert. Stamina would come into play. Roberts swinging around a heavy warhammer and Daemon has Blackfyre, which is lighter then a normal sword.  Even a slight dip in Roberts stamina would be huge disadvantage in a fight against a highly skilled opponent, like Daemon. 

Was the tourney held before or after he became lord paramount?

If Stamina was a issue for Rob I don't think he would be winning 3 battles in a single day............ Or any of his duels actually ......... But you still do make a fair point........ A 55/45 chance......

On 7/31/2020 at 12:40 AM, Orm said:

Was the tourney held before or after he became lord paramount?

If Stamina was a issue for Rob I don't think he would be winning 3 battles in a single day............ Or any of his duels actually ......... But you still do make a fair point........ A 55/45 chance......

I believe it was held after Robert became Lord of SE. 

On 7/30/2020 at 7:54 AM, Orm said:

But we somewhat do know........ Daemon Vs Crobray was Valyrian steel against Valyrian steel........ The fight is described to be intense and went on for over an hour....... If so then it is given that it can't cut armour or shield..... Then fights would be over quick........

But then it said that Valyrian steel Vs Valyrian steel made the fight spectacular....... So it is better than normal steel......

I disagree. We have to remember that this is a work of fiction and what I take fróm that duel is that the two were both very skilled combatants.

Remember that Daemon supposedly didn't need much time to cut down a number of other knights before he came up against Corbray.

Also note that Bronn manages, in the first book, to defeat an opponent in full armour and both were using swords. So I think that GRRM simply hadn't studied the details of how effective swords actually are when he started to write the series.

On 8/2/2020 at 12:21 AM, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

believe it was held after Robert became Lord of SE. 

I checked it out..... Jaime said it was Lord Steffon's tourney.... So Rob wasn't lord paramount yet... Which makes him below 16..... So a kid....

Archived