Daemon I Blackfyre Vs Robert I Baratheon

Orm

On 7/30/2020 at 4:47 AM, BloodyJollyRoger said:

You misspelled Boar.

Daemon Blackfrye fought like the warrior himself. He slew the Arryn Vanguard. Randyll gave that wound to Robert. This why he fed. Swordsmanship important is to have speed,agility, and reflexes. Daemon would dance around Robert.

1) You misspelled “fled”.

2) Do you have any evidence that he got his wound from a Randyll Tarly?

3) Do you have any evidence that Robert was slow?

On 7/30/2020 at 6:50 PM, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

He wasn't a kid though. He was at least 16, probably older. I would think the longer the fight goes on, the worse it'd be for Robert. Stamina would come into play. Roberts swinging around a heavy warhammer and Daemon has Blackfyre, which is lighter then a normal sword.  Even a slight dip in Roberts stamina would be huge disadvantage in a fight against a highly skilled opponent, like Daemon. 

Would it? When Robert died it took him about a day IIRC. That was after a decade Of gluttony and sloth and with his insides sliding out of his belly. He also swung that hammer around easily.

3 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

1) You misspelled “fled”.

2) Do you have any evidence that he got his wound from a Randyll Tarly?

3) Do you have any evidence that Robert was slow?

1). Thanks for the correction.

2). Randyll Tarly crushed Robert’s forces, and he fled. Why Robert Fled? If he is so strong as you say. Robert would had defeated Randyll Tarly’s forces. Strategy won’t matter if you have a overwhelming force. More like the victors were over exaggerating Robert’s abilities, because he is King.

3). Do have any evidence that Daemon Blackfrye is slow?

6 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

2). Randyll Tarly crushed Robert’s forces, and he fled. Why Robert Fled? If he is so strong as you say. Robert would had defeated Randyll Tarly’s forces. It strategy won’t matter if you have a overwhelming force. More like the victors were over exaggerating Robert’s abilities, because he is King.

1) The battle was indecisive.

Tyrell's reputation rested on one indecisive victory over Robert Baratheon at Ashford, in a battle largely won by Lord Tarly's van before the main host had even arrived.

6 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

2). Randyll Tarly crushed Robert’s forces, and he fled. Why Robert Fled? If he is so strong as you say. Robert would had defeated Randyll Tarly’s forces. It strategy won’t matter if you have a overwhelming force. More like the victors were over exaggerating Robert’s abilities, because he is King.

2) So you don’t have any proof that Daemon was faster?

23 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

1) The battle was indecisive.

Tyrell's reputation rested on one indecisive victory over Robert Baratheon at Ashford, in a battle largely won by Lord Tarly's van before the main host had even arrived.

The context was that at least Tyrell was hoping will get a indecisive victory. Randyll Tarly crushed Robert’s forces. It didn’t contradict anything I had said. Nice try.

11 hours ago, Orm said:

I checked it out..... Jaime said it was Lord Steffon's tourney.... So Rob wasn't lord paramount yet... Which makes him below 16..... So a kid....

Then he lost to Barristan twice then. Once before he became Lord of SE and once after. Barristan was talking about a tourney at SE where Lord Robert was beaten by himself and Lord Jon Connington also took part in the tourney. Neither of those would've been called Lord at the time of Lord Steffon's tourney.

4 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Then he lost to Barristan twice then. Once before he became Lord of SE and once after. Barristan was talking about a tourney at SE where Lord Robert was beaten by himself and Lord Jon Connington also took part in the tourney. Neither of those would've been called Lord at the time of Lord Steffon's tourney.

I read at ASOS Jaime 8 where he goes on about Barri B, that's where he beat everyone in lord Steffon's tourney....

I don't remember/recall yours, can you tell me which book, which pov?

19 hours ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

So you don’t have any proof that Robert was faster?

I don’t need to. You made the claim. The burden of proof is on you.

18 hours ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

The context was that at least Tyrell was hoping will get a indecisive victory. Randyll Tarly crushed Robert’s forces. It didn’t contradict anything I had said. Nice try.

What? The context was that Mace Tyrell was talking about what Robb would do and Tyrion said that his reputation as a military commander rested on an inconclusive battle between Randyll Tarly and Robb along with an ill managed siege of a Storms send. That doesn’t mean that Roberts forces were destroyed. If anything, it means that he managed to retreat in good order before the rest of the Tyrell army arrived to the battlefield and outnumbered him. There’s also no evidence that Tarly fought him in single combat and managed to give him his wound.

14 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

I don’t need to. You made the claim. The burden of proof is on you.

What? The context was that Mace Tyrell was talking about what Robb would do and Tyrion said that his reputation as a military commander rested on an inconclusive battle between Randyll Tarly and Robb along with an ill managed siege of a Storms send. That doesn’t mean that Roberts forces were destroyed. If anything, it means that he managed to retreat in good order before the rest of the Tyrell army arrived to the battlefield and outnumbered him. There’s also no evidence that Tarly fought him in single combat and managed to give him his wound.

Robert got stabbed, and he was bleeding all over the place. This is why he ran from Randyll Tarly? You have no proof Robert is faster Daemon Blackfrye. Daemon Blackfrye shattered lines of Arryn's vanguard, and took out Corbray and his reinforcements. Daemon Blackfrye didn't run. Even when his enemy had reinforcements.

21 minutes ago, Targknight said:

Robert got stabbed, and he was bleeding all over the place. This is why he ran from Randyll Tarly? You have no proof Robert is faster Daemon Blackfrye. Daemon Blackfrye shattered lines of Arryn's vanguard, and took out Corbray and his reinforcements. Daemon Blackfrye didn't run. Even when his enemy had reinforcements.

1) Give me a quote that Randall Tarly stabbed him and that he was bleeding all over the place.

2) Give me a quote indicating that Daemon was faster than Robert.

3) So you’re calling him stupid?

4) Not that you’d care, but Robert was actually directly compared to Daemon In the books by Jaime Lannister. But I guess that Jaime and Aerys were overrating him.

He floated in heat, in memory. “After dancing griffins lost the Battle of the Bells, Aerys exiled him.” Why am I telling this absurd ugly child? “He had finally realized that Robert was no mere outlaw lord to be crushed at whim, but the greatest threat House Targaryen had faced since Daemon Blackfyre.

Of course, the difference is that arobert won, buried his warhammer in Rhaegars chest, kicked his family off the continent and took their home. Daemon lost and got himself killed.

5 hours ago, Lee-Sensei said:

1) Give me a quote that Randall Tarly stabbed him and that he was bleeding all over the place.

2) Give me a quote indicating that Daemon was faster than Robert.

3) So you’re calling him stupid?

4) Not that you’d care, but Robert was actually directly compared to Daemon In the books by Jaime Lannister. But I guess that Jaime and Aerys were overrating him.

He floated in heat, in memory. “After dancing griffins lost the Battle of the Bells, Aerys exiled him.” Why am I telling this absurd ugly child? “He had finally realized that Robert was no mere outlaw lord to be crushed at whim, but the greatest threat House Targaryen had faced since Daemon Blackfyre.

Of course, the difference is that arobert won, buried his warhammer in Rhaegars chest, kicked his family off the continent and took their home. Daemon lost and got himself killed.

My Dear Sansa,

Daemon got shot by arrows. He won the battle. Until his honor got the better of him. House Stark got destroyed by a inbreed family known as the Freys.

Ned Stark Lost His Head LOL

On 8/6/2020 at 1:25 AM, Orm said:

I read at ASOS Jaime 8 where he goes on about Barri B, that's where he beat everyone in lord Steffon's tourney....

I don't remember/recall yours, can you tell me which book, which pov?

Yeah, I was wrong about Barristan saying he beat Lord Robert and Lord Jon Connington, it was the White book that does.. It's been awhile since I read the books. It still doesn't change the fact that neither Robert or Jon Connington would've been called Lord at the time that Lord Steffon was still alive. Which they're both called Lord in the White book... So either there were 2 tourneys at SE, one taking place when Lord Steffon was alive and the other taking place when Robert was Lord. Or Robert held a tourney in honor of his father and called it Lord Steffon's tourney. Or George messed up. I just can't think of a reason why both Robert and Connington were called Lord's in the White book, unless the tourney took place after Steffon's death. Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've been busy.

6 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

. I just can't think of a reason why both Robert and Connington were called Lord's in the White book, unless the tourney took place after Steffon's deat

Robert would still be called a lord even if he did not inherit his inheritance.... Same for Jon Con.....

Barri B is probably the best all round fighter we get in the main story...... But him beating Robert (who was a kid) at his warrior prime..... Is not helping in the discussion...

Archived