Daemon I Blackfyre Vs Robert I Baratheon

Orm

3 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

House Martell has a history of crippling Baratheon.

The only Baratheon that Dorne ( still not Martell) crippled was Orys........ On bad faith........

5 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Imagine what Daemon Blackfrye would do to him

I imagine a spectacular fight......

6 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Rhaegar was a scholar, and a lover.

We all know how that turned out...... Scholar or a cloud-chaser.......

16 minutes ago, Orm said:

The only Baratheon that Dorne ( still not Martell) crippled was Orys........ On bad faith........

I imagine a spectacular fight......

We all know how that turned out...... Scholar or a cloud-chaser.......

Daemon Blackfrye smashed Donnel Arryn’s Vanguard. Not to mention the battle was close. If Daemon didn’t duel Corbray. Daemon Blackfrye would had won the war. 

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Gwayne_Corbray

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Battle_of_the_Redgrass_Field

Robert is overrated, Ned was bad a swordsmen. Robert smashed small folk, and Rhaegar isn’t a high level sword men.Robert never fought Jamie, Arthur, and Barristan. I’m sorry I’m going to offend you, but you have been warned. Don’t read the Spoiler if you get offended.

Spoiler

Robert is only good at being a cuckold. Not only once but four times.

7 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Daemon Blackfrye smashed Donnel Arryn’s Vanguard. Not to mention the battle was close. If Daemon didn’t duel Corbray. Daemon Blackfrye would had won the war. 

Rob won all the battles he was at except for the strategical retreat at Ashford...... He dueled all the opposing leaders personally and beat them all......... Not only did he duel Rhaegar, he also won the war.....

11 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Robert is overrated

Yes, he is....... He is as overrated as Aurther......... And his coarse sex is as overrated as Arianne's big dark nipples.......

13 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Robert never fought Jamie, Arthur, and Barristan. I’

If he had..... I imagine they all would be dead..........

14 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

I’m sorry I’m going to offend you, but you have been warned. Don’t read the Spoiler if you get offended.

If you stopped trying to diss the one you, to put it mildly 'dislike' then we could have a mature discussion.........

19 minutes ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Robert is only good at being a cuckold. Not only once but four times

Fair enough........ But then again he cuckolds back with half the woman in westeros.........

On the other hand, Daemon was fighting to win his sister's gene-pool........ Let that sink in....lol

3 minutes ago, Orm said:

Rob won all the battles he was at except for the strategical retreat at Ashford...... He dueled all the opposing leaders personally and beat them all......... Not only did he duel Rhaegar, he also won the war.....

Yes, he is....... He is as overrated as Aurther......... And his coarse sex is as overrated as Arianne's big dark nipples.......

If he had..... I imagine they all would be dead..........

If you stopped trying to diss the one you, to put it mildly 'dislike' then we could have a mature discussion.........

Fair enough........ But then again he cuckolds back with half the woman in westeros.........

On the other hand, Daemon was fighting to win his sister's gene-pool........ Let that sink in....lol

Robert has help from the Faith, and The Hightowers. The Battle Of The Bells actually saved him.

Barristan defeated Robert. Looks like Robert lacks skills.

18 hours ago, Lion of the West said:

Given that Daemon would have a Valyrian steel sword, I think that Daemon would have been the winner. It wouldn't have been an easy fight, mind you, but in the end I think that Daemon would have won out.

Does the Valyrian steel sword give Daemon an advantage though?........ I am imagining them in full plate armour as traditional knights......... Is there a text which implies that Valyrian steel can cut armour?.........I haven't read the books in a long while.......... So I might've forgotten........

Where as Rob's Warhammer does give him a distinct advantage.......... So I am leaning towards him as the victor...... The longer the fight draws.........

18 hours ago, Lion of the West said:

On a more general level I would personally support Robert because he seems to have surrounded himself with less scummy people than Daemon. Not saying Robert didn't have scummy supporters or that everyone who supported Daemon was an idiot or dick. But from the prominent supporters that I can recall seeing, there's no Jon Arryn, Stannis or Eddard on Daemon's side. Hell, I can't even think of a politically astute player in the vein of Tywin or Tyrion who was with Daemon. Hence a strong reason as to why I pick Robert

Yeah it is pretty much given that Rob is the better general/leader due to cannon events........ In fact his record is the best since Aegon I Targaryen who had a giant fire breathing cheat code........

Although when it comes to Robert and Daemon I see parallelism......... I mean the description that Eustace Ogrey gives of him  felt like a throwback of Ned's description of Robert.........

12 hours ago, Orm said:

Does the Valyrian steel sword give Daemon an advantage though?........ I am imagining them in full plate armour as traditional knights......... Is there a text which implies that Valyrian steel can cut armour?.........I haven't read the books in a long while.......... So I might've forgotten........

Where as Rob's Warhammer does give him a distinct advantage.......... So I am leaning towards him as the victor...... The longer the fight draws.........

Yeah it is pretty much given that Rob is the better general/leader due to cannon events........ In fact his record is the best since Aegon I Targaryen who had a giant fire breathing cheat code........

Although when it comes to Robert and Daemon I see parallelism......... I mean the description that Eustace Ogrey gives of him  felt like a throwback of Ned's description of Robert.........

Daemon smashed Donnel Arryn’s Vanguard. Daemon defeated both Donnel Arryn, and Gwayne Corbray. Gwayne Corbray is superior to Robert.

13 hours ago, Orm said:

Why won’t you ask George about it? 

5 hours ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Daemon smashed Donnel Arryn’s Vanguard. Daemon defeated both Donnel Arryn, and Gwayne Corbray.

Rob defeated Jon Con, Myles Mooton and 5 others in the battle of the bells........with a blade/sword while injured and alone.........lol

5 hours ago, sexyprinceviserys said:

Gwayne Corbray is superior to Robert.

On what basis, Sherlock?......... Cause if we look at records then I am afraid Rob is unbeatable.........

23 hours ago, Orm said:

I think so. As I've understood it, Valyrian steel is magical in nature and it would seem, again I don't have 100% solid examples, that it makes these swords much more effective than normal steel swords would be.

23 hours ago, Orm said:

Had it been a normal sword against a warhammer I would have agreed. But given that Valyrian steels swords are, to my knowledge, magical i think that the hammer's advantage as a weapon would not per necessity have been that much larger.

23 hours ago, Orm said:

I wouldn't go that far. A decaded and a half of peace is of course well, but, then again Robert didn't do much reigning and a good comparison between Robert and a Targaryen king is probably Viserys I. Both kept the peace in their own time but couldn't handle their own family and so set up a civil war that proved a heavy blow against their own successors.

23 hours ago, Orm said:

I totally agree.

To add my own thoughts many people seem to think that the Blackfyre's supporters were special in some way for champion Daemon based on his properites as a warrior. I'd argue that people have cherishing such ideals on every side in every conflict in Westeros throughout its recorded history. From Maegor's rise despite his lack of graces to the Young Wolf, successful warriors seems to be the masculine ideal in conventional thinking almost anywhere we look.

31 minutes ago, Lion of the West said:

think so. As I've understood it, Valyrian steel is magical in nature and it would seem, again I don't have 100% solid examples, that it makes these swords much more effective than normal steel swords would be

So it doesn't cut Steel....... But is better than normal swords.........

32 minutes ago, Lion of the West said:

Had it been a normal sword against a warhammer I would have agreed. But given that Valyrian steels swords are, to my knowledge, magical i think that the hammer's advantage as a weapon would not per necessity have been that much larger.

I have to mention that Robert's Warhammer wasn't an ordinary one either........ It was so heavy that Ned( a well built man) could scarcely lift it( qualifies as fantasy hammer).......... And Rob used to use it one-handed........ The level strength and dexterity needed to pull that off is inhuman.........

37 minutes ago, Lion of the West said:

wouldn't go that far. A decaded and a half of peace is of course well, but, then again Robert didn't do much reigning and a good comparison between Robert and a Targaryen king is probably Viserys I. Both kept the peace in their own time but couldn't handle their own family and so set up a civil war that proved a heavy blow against their own successors.

I meant as a leader/general........ Not as a monarch........... Although Aegon and Robert both used off hands method to rule........

39 minutes ago, Lion of the West said:

To add my own thoughts many people seem to think that the Blackfyre's supporters were special in some way for champion Daemon based on his properites as a warrior. I'd argue that people have cherishing such ideals on every side in every conflict in Westeros throughout its recorded history. From Maegor's rise despite his lack of graces to the Young Wolf, successful warriors seems to be the masculine ideal in conventional thinking almost anywhere we look.

But the problem is that Daemon lost and Robert won.......... It doesn't take away from your argument but adds to it....... Sure Eustace and Ned maybe hyping a bit in reminiscence but they had those hyper masculine features there to fantasize about in the first place......

18 hours ago, Orm said:

So it doesn't cut Steel....... But is better than normal swords.........

I have to mention that Robert's Warhammer wasn't an ordinary one either........ It was so heavy that Ned( a well built man) could scarcely lift it( qualifies as fantasy hammer).......... And Rob used to use it one-handed........ The level strength and dexterity needed to pull that off is inhuman.........

I meant as a leader/general........ Not as a monarch........... Although Aegon and Robert both used off hands method to rule........

But the problem is that Daemon lost and Robert won.......... It doesn't take away from your argument but adds to it....... Sure Eustace and Ned maybe hyping a bit in reminiscence but they had those hyper masculine features there to fantasize about in the first place......

What is stopping Daemon Blackfrye from cutting Robert’s legs off. Robert is going to get speed blitzed. 

15 minutes ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

What is stopping Daemon Blackfrye from cutting Robert’s legs off. Robert is going to get speed blitzed. 

What is stopping Robert from grappling Daemon......... Daemon is going to get out muscled........

It is no use to reason with a hardcore Bobby hater........ Peace

1 hour ago, Orm said:

What is stopping Robert from grappling Daemon......... Daemon is going to get out muscled........

It is no use to reason with a hardcore Bobby hater........ Peace

You didn’t answer the question? How is going to deal with Daemon’s speed?

Just now, BloodyJollyRoger said:

You didn’t answer the question? How is going to deal with Daemon’s speed?

Why are assuming that Rob is slow???........You don't get the badass moniker 'Demon of the Trident' by being a slow ass big dude, do you?........

You also didn't answer the question...... How is Daemon going to deal with Robert's  inhuman strength?........

1 minute ago, Orm said:

Why are assuming that Rob is slow???........You don't get the badass moniker 'Demon of the Trident' by being a slow ass big dude, do you?........

You also didn't answer the question...... How is Daemon going to deal with Robert's  inhuman strength?........

By moving out of the way like Oberyn did to the mountain.

5 minutes ago, Orm said:

Robert is slow, and has trouble with Rhaegar. 

1 minute ago, BloodyJollyRoger said:

By moving out of the way like Oberyn did to the mountain

Lol...... We all know how that ended.....

Also the  abnormal mountain doesn't compare to the well-balanced inhumanly strong Rob as a fighter.....

Archived