Upcoming TV Series/Movies: beyond the Apocalypse!

AncalagonTheBlack

Cormoran Strike is BACK!
Strike: Lethal White starts Sunday 30 August on BBC One and BBC iPlayer.

Synopsis
A BBC One mini-series, in association with HBO/Cinemax, adapted from J.K. Rowling’s global bestselling novels written under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. Written by Tom Edge and directed by Sue Tully.

Starring a stunning cast including Tom Burke, Holliday Grainger, Kerr Logan, Natasha O’Keeffe, Sophie Winkleman, Joseph Quinn, Nick Blood, Natalie Gumede and Robert Glenister.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:11 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

We Are Who We Are: Coming September | HBO

Missed commenting on this one. This was filmed in and around Vicenza and the Caserma Ederle (Camp Ederle) base there. I lived there for two or three years when I was very young (I want to say 5-7 or so), going to a Catholic school there (where I had the memorable experience of being dragged up the stairs by my ear when one of the older nuns did not care for my horsing around). An acquaintance of my father's who was stationed there at the same time as we were married an Italian woman and still lives in the area, and actually was hired to assist with the location scouting for the production.

Guadagnino is a terrific director, really skilled at capturing atmosphere. Looking forward to it.

Utopia – Official Trailer

Utopia coming out September 25th. When the conspiracy in the elusive comic Utopia is real, a group of young fans come together to embark on a high-stakes twisted adventure to use what they uncover to save themselves, each other, and ultimately humanity.

Starring John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, and Sasha Lane.

5 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Utopia – Official Trailer

Utopia coming out September 25th. When the conspiracy in the elusive comic Utopia is real, a group of young fans come together to embark on a high-stakes twisted adventure to use what they uncover to save themselves, each other, and ultimately humanity.

Starring John Cusack, Rainn Wilson, and Sasha Lane.

I can't get past the original. This didn't work for me at all.

7 hours ago, Mexal said:

I can't get past the original. This didn't work for me at all.

I'm willing to let it slide solely because of Flynn's work on the tv adaptation of "sharp objects" but it does appear to have lost the tone and style of the original which to be fair was very stylish. I hope they have the person who made the original soundtrack as it was really distinct.

The timing of the show is impeccable given coro navirus. Although some will object that it's bad taste and won't help with real world conspiracy theories

4 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

The originally original? Or the original pointless remake?

There's already been a remake? I thought there was only the channel 4 show and a cancelled before made HBO remake.

I just noticed that "the third day" starring Jude Law and Naomie Harris is by Utopia creator Dennis Kelly which has me interested in that show coming out roughly the same time as the utopia remake.

Two Weeks To Live will premiere on Sky One on Wednesday September 2nd at 10pm, it has been announced.

Two Weeks To Live follows Kim Noakes, a strange young misfit who was just a little girl when her father died in murky circumstances. Following his death, her mother whisked her away to a remote rural life of seclusion and bizarre survival techniques. Now all grown up, Kim sets out into the real world for the first time to begin a secret mission of honouring her father’s memory. Meanwhile, socially awkward Nicky isn’t good at impressing girls, and when Kim walks into his and brother Dave’s local pub, it sets in motion a chaotic series of events that puts all their lives in danger.

The unlikely crew soon find themselves on the run from a murderous gangster and the police with a massive bag of stolen cash. But Kim is no ordinary fish out of water – she’s more like a great white shark who knows how to strip a Smith & Weston SDVE pistol in 6 seconds flat, and skin a deer to make a sleeping bag whilst perfectly reciting the lyrics to ‘I Will Survive’. With her in their team, they might all just get out of this alive. The comedy series, which was created by Gaby Hull, is produced by Kudos and stars Maisie Williams, Sian Clifford, Mawaan Rizwan, Taheen Modak, Kerry Howard, Thalissa Teixeira and Jason Flemyng.

Season 2 of Carnival Row finished filming in the Czech Republic. https://deadline.com/2020/08/carnival-row-amazon-wraps-marathon-czech-republic-shoot-for-second-season-country-hails-most-lucrative-production-1203021321/

I don't know when they'll release, but based on when they were supposed to finish filming originally, and considering that season 1 was released about this time last year, that they were hoping to release early fall. So now, my guess is Spring of next year, being the first major Amazon show that had to halt filming. (The Expanse had, I believe, finished filming before the lockdown)

17 minutes ago, maarsen said:

I just saw on my news feed that a series based on Iain Banks' Culture novels has just been cancelled. Crap!! I was really looking forward to seeing this. 

It wasn't cancelled, it was never greenlit to start with. Amazon made a preliminary agreement with the Iain Banks Estate two years ago and they entered into negotiations which stalled out. The Banks Estate then decided to halt their discussions going forwards.

I strongly suspect there was some debate over whether Amazon, the most ultracapitalist of modern companies, was really compatible with Banks's stridently utopian values, as expressed in the Culture.

Archived