Upcoming TV Series/Movies: beyond the Apocalypse!

AncalagonTheBlack

The Queen's Gambit is an upcoming American drama web television miniseries developed by Scott Frank and Allan Scott. The series is based on the 1983 novel of the same name by Walter Tevis. It is scheduled to premiere on October 23, 2020 on Netflix.

Resident Evil Live-Action Series, From Supernatural EP, Ordered at Netflix
https://tvline.com/2020/08/27/resident-evil-netflix-tv-show-series-order/

Netflix is officially game to resurrect Resident Evil, ordering an eight-episode live-action series adaptation of the iconic action-horror property.

From Supernatural EP  Andrew Dabb, the small-screen Resident Evil — which was put into development last year — will build on the popular video game and tell ” a new story across two timelines,” per Netflix.

"In the first timeline, fourteen-year-old sisters Jade and Billie Wesker are moved to New Raccoon City. A manufactured, corporate town, forced on them right as adolescence is in full swing. But the more time they spend there, the more they come to realize that the town is more than it seems and their father may be concealing dark secrets. Secrets that could destroy the world.

Cut to the second timeline, well over a decade into the future: there are less than fifteen million people left on Earth. And more than six billion monsters — people and animals infected with the T-virus. Jade, now thirty, struggles to survive in this New World, while the secrets from her past – about her sister, her father and herself – continue to haunt her."

Resident Evil is my favorite game of all time,” Dabb enthused in a statement. “I’m incredibly excited to tell a new chapter in this amazing story and bring the first ever Resident Evil series to Netflix members around the world. For every type of Resident Evil fan, including those joining us for the first time, the series will be complete with a lot of old friends, and some things (bloodthirsty, insane things) people have never seen before.”

Bronwen Hughes (The Walking Dead) will direct the first two episodes and serve as an EP alongside Dabb.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, Corvinus85 said:

Seasons 1 and 2 Cobra Kai will be available on Netflix on the 28th. Here is a trailer with a montage of everything that was and one brief scene at the end from the upcoming season 3, which will be released next year.

I thought that would be a full on cheese fest. But it looks great. 

Viewer Beware: Here’s Your First Look at The Haunting of Bly Manor

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/haunting-of-bly-manor-hill-house

Netflix’s The Haunting of Hill House was more than a series; it became an obsession. Viewers watched and rewatched the 2018 show to catch the hidden-in-plain-sight scares embedded in the background and decode the chronology-warped fate of the Crain family.

Showrunner Mike Flanagan, the director of Doctor Sleep, Gerald’s Game, and Hush, may be one of the few to actually break free of the place. Rather than follow-up with another season in Shirley Jackson’s disturbed structure, he has left it behind for another spiritually unsettled home from classic literature.

Vanity Fair presents the exclusive first look at The Haunting of Bly Manor, which will debut on the streaming service this fall.

It’s based on the the 1898 novella The Turn of the Screw by Henry James, about a young woman who moves to the English countryside to care for two orphaned children, encountering evidence of a grim history and entities she can’t begin to explain. While Hill House was the story of family struggle and trauma, Bly Manor is about broken hearts that never heal and tragic star-crossed romance.

As with Hill House, Flanagan and producing partner Trevor Macy worked together to update the setting and expand and adapt the original text. They also wove in aspects of other supernatural stories by James, including “The Jolly Corner,” about a menacing doppelgänger, and “The Romance of Certain Old Clothes,” about two sisters and a mysterious chest of beloved dresses.

Some of the cast of Hill House has returned, but they’re each playing different parts this time.

CBS’s The Stand Will Debut in December

CBS has announced when it’ll debut its upcoming adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand: December 17th. The 9-episode series will debut on the network’s streaming platform, CBS All Access, and will feature a new coda for the series written by King himself.

The series is certainly a timely one. Published in 1978, King imagined a weaponized version of the influenza virus that sweeps over the world and kills 99.4% of all of human life, leaving behind a small number of people to try and rebuild society. King positions the story as a fight against good and evil, with Mother Abigail (played by Whoopi Goldberg) on one side, and Randall Flagg (Alexander Skarsgård) on the other.

CBS has announced when it’ll debut its upcoming adaptation of Stephen King’s The Stand: December 17th. The 9-episode series will debut on the network’s streaming platform, CBS All Access, and will feature a new coda for the series written by King himself.

The series will jump back and forth in time, with flashbacks introducing the major characters, and the series will primarily follow Fran (played by Odessa Young), a pregnant woman who appears to be immune to the illness.

‘Sphere’ Drama Series Based On Book In Works At HBO From ‘Westworld’ Producers & Team Downey

https://deadline.com/2020/08/sphere-drama-series-book-michael-crichton-hbo-denise-the-1203024878/

HBO is developing drama series Sphere based on Michael Crichton’s novel of the same name, from Westworld executive producer/writer Denise Thé, Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan’s Kilter Films (Westworld), Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey’s Team Downey and Warner Bros. Television.

Written by Thé, based on the novel, Sphere plunges us one thousand feet into the ocean, where a group of scientists confronts the surreal, beautiful, and deadly mysteries of the universe, only to find the people closest to us may prove to be the most alien.

On 8/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, BigFatCoward said:

I thought that would be a full on cheese fest. But it looks great. 

As someone who has seen the first two seasons and doesn't really have a strong attachment to the original, I'd strongly recommend it. It's very fun and surprisingly emotional.

The Haunting of Bly Manor

The Haunting of Bly Manor is the follow-up to 2018's The Haunting of Hill House. Arriving October 9th, this new chapter in the Haunting anthology series revolves around Bly Manor and the lives of its inhabitants, both living and dead. The Haunting of Bly Manor stars Victoria Pedretti, Henry Thomas, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Kate Siegel, T'Nia Miller, Rahul Kohli, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth, Amelie Smith and Amelia Eve.

We Are Who We Are

From Luca Guadagnino, the director of Call Me By Your Name, We Are Who We Are follows a group of teens growing up on an American Army base outside of Venice, Italy struggling to find their own identities as they move into young-adulthood.

The Killing Times’ Autumn/Winter 2020 Crime Drama Preview:
https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2020/08/30/the-killing-times-great-big-autumn-winter-2020-crime-drama-preview/

18 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

haha, D&D will adapt another popular book. Rian Johnson to produce.

Ha RE Rian Johnson. Is this book series at least finished?

On 8/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, Nictarion said:

I’ll definitely check out that new Mike Flanagan horror show. I’ve loved just about everything he’s done so far. 

Yeah I'm hoping he can capture the atmosphere of the first season again without it being too much of a retread. Pleased they brought some of the cast back for new roles although i guess Flanagan's wife was always likely

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

Yeah I'm hoping he can capture the atmosphere of the first season again without it being too much of a retread. Pleased they brought some of the cast back for new roles although i guess Flanagan's wife was always likely

I didn’t know he was married to Kate Siegel. Lucky guy. She’s stunning. 

2 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I'm not sure I can see The Three Body Problem trilogy working as a TV series, especially once you get into the third book and things get really out there conceptually. But I do think that D&D could do some really interesting things visually with it. I'm definitely curious.

Well they can always make up their own ending...

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I didn’t know he was married to Kate Siegel. Lucky guy. She’s stunning. 

It must be a thing with actors whose names resemble katey sagal? 

Makes sense with tv shows if you are spending most of your life on set having your family around.

CRIMINAL SEASON 2

Four new cases, four new suspects, one room that changes everything.

Criminal returns September 16th with guest stars Kit Harington, Kunal Nayyar, Sharon Horgan and Sophie Okonedo. Every suspect has their story. Whose will you believe?

Your Honor (2020) Official Teaser | Bryan Cranston SHOWTIME Series

Your Honor is a new SHOWTIME limited series and legal thriller that rips through all strata of New Orleans society. Bryan Cranston will star as a respected judge whose son is involved in a hit-and-run that leads to a high-stakes game of lies, deceit and impossible choices. Coming soon to SHOWTIME.

THE GOOD LORD BIRD

Long Way Up — Official Trailer | Apple TV+

The craziest ideas lead to the best places.  

Starring and executive produced by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman, “Long Way Up” reunites the best friends after more than a decade since their last motorbike adventure around the world.

Covering 13,000 miles over 100 days through 16 border crossings and 13 countries, starting from the city of Ushuaia at the tip of South America, Ewan and Charley journey through the glorious and underexposed landscapes of South and Central America in their most challenging expedition to date, using cutting-edge technology on the backs of their prototype electric Harley-Davidsons in order to contribute to the sustainability of the planet.

The new series will follow Ewan and Charley as they journey through Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador and up through Colombia, Central America and Mexico. Also joining them are their longtime collaborators, directors David Alexanian and Russ Malkin, following them in their electric Rivians.

The first three episodes of “Long Way Up” will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on Friday, September 18, and new episodes will roll out weekly

The Comey Rule (2020) Official Trailer | SHOWTIME Limited Series

You can't escape what lives within. Stream all episodes of Monsterland October 2, only on Hulu.

Encounters with mermaids, fallen angels, and other strange beasts drive broken people to desperate acts in Monsterland, an anthology series based on the stories from Nathan Ballingrud’s Shirley Jackson Award winning debut collection North American Lake Monsters”.

5 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

In a reimagined history of the French Revolution, the guillotine's future inventor uncovers a disease that drives the aristocracy to murder commoners.

Ah so it's fantasy, not what I expected previously. It might still be good.

Archived