Upcoming TV Series/Movies: beyond the Apocalypse!

AncalagonTheBlack

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Warlord Chronicles has been floating around for a while right? Is this just confirmation that they are now going to be shooting it?

Regardless, very excited

Different production company than previously held the rights - much better known one (to me, at least), and it mentions a shooting date and actual team for it.

• 2 weeks later...

The Oatmeal guy is making an Exploding Kittens animated tv series and a game, both to be on Netflix.

God and the Devil are at war, and have been incarnated on Earth as kittens.

Tom Ellis is starring, so i guess he's the Devil??  Lucy Liu is also starring.

Sounds like you'd have to use the Netflix mobile app to access the game.

The animated series, which will be titled Exploding Kittens, is set to star Rush's Tom Ellis, The Boys' Abraham Lim, Elementary's Lucy Liu, Toy Story 4's Ally Maki, What We Do In the Shadows' Mark Proksch, and Woke's Sasheer Zamata.

"The eternal conflict between Heaven and Hell reaches epic proportions when both God and the Devil are sent to Earth - in the bodies of chunky house cats," the official description reads.

Shane Kosakowski and Matthew Inman will serve as Exploding Kittens' showrunners and its executive producers include Mike Judge, Greg Daniels, Dustin Davis, Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, and Elan Lee.

• 1 month later...

Tom Hardy's Taboo Season 2 Finally Has A Planned Filming Start Date

https://screenrant.com/taboo-season-2-filming-start-date-tom-hardy/

"I imagine that it will start production towards the end of next year...

"[Tom and I] are both keen to continue and there are lots of people who want us to continue in that direction. It's been a question of schedules and deciding where it goes next."

On 4/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, SpaceChampion said:

The Oatmeal guy is making an Exploding Kittens animated tv series and a game, both to be on Netflix.

God and the Devil are at war, and have been incarnated on Earth as kittens.

Tom Ellis is starring, so i guess he's the Devil??  Lucy Liu is also starring.

Sounds like you'd have to use the Netflix mobile app to access the game.

What god did I please? Take my moneys. 

‘True Detective’: Jodie Foster To Star In Season 4 Of HBO Anthology Series
https://deadline.com/2022/05/true-detective-jodie-foster-to-star-season-4hbo-1235033965/

The Silence of the Lambs star is to lead the fourth iteration of HBO’s True Detective franchise, True Detective: Night Country.

Foster, who will also exec produce the series, will play Detective Liz Danvers in the series, which comes from writer and director Issa López and executive producer Barry Jenkins.

Alan Page Arriaga, exec producer of Starz’s Shining Girls, has also joined Lopez to write.

The series is centered around Detectives Liz Danvers and Evangeline Navarro who are looking to solve the case of six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanishing without a trace, when the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska. The pair will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.

Endeavour TO END after ninth series says ITV

https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2022/05/24/endeavour-to-end-after-ninth-series-says-itv/

Endeavour is one of the most popular crime dramas on British TV – and indeed has many fans overseas – but there’s sad news from the series’ home broadcaster, ITV.

It has announced that the show will end after the next ninth series.

A statement from ITV says: “Screenwriter Russell Lewis, Shaun Evans and Roger Allam have mutually decided to bring the internationally renowned Endeavour to a close, and the series currently filming in Oxford will be the last.”

The final three episodes – which constitute series nine – are currently in production and will air in 2023.

Inspired by actual events, when high school football hero and decorated policeman’s son Jimmy Keene (Taron Egerton) is sentenced to 10 years in a minimum security prison, he is given the choice of a lifetime — enter a maximum-security prison for the criminally insane and befriend suspected serial killer Larry Hall (Paul Walter Hauser), or stay where he is and serve his full sentence with no possibility of parole. Keene quickly realizes his only way out is to elicit a confession and find out where the bodies of several young girls are buried before Hall’s appeal goes through. But is this suspected killer telling the truth? Or is it just another tale from a serial liar? This dramatic and captivating story subverts the crime genre by enlisting the help of the very people put behind bars to solve its mysteries. Ensemble cast includes Taron Egerton, Paul Walter Hauser, Sepideh Moafi, Greg Kinnear and Ray Liotta.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed a comic book series called Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang.  I just discovered that it is now a tv series on Amazon.  The first episode is scheduled for July 29.

15 hours ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

I really enjoyed a comic book series called Paper Girls by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang.  I just discovered that it is now a tv series on Amazon.  The first episode is scheduled for July 29.

I also liked the comic, and didn’t know it was being made into a series. After a quick search, I don’t recognize any of the girls from anything. 

BKV is doing pretty well for himself between this and Y: The Last Man (one of my favorite comics - but I still haven’t watched the show). I could see Saga getting an adaptation at some point, too. 

On 6/27/2022 at 3:09 AM, Nictarion said:

I also liked the comic, and didn’t know it was being made into a series. After a quick search, I don’t recognize any of the girls from anything. 

BKV is doing pretty well for himself between this and Y: The Last Man (one of my favorite comics - but I still haven’t watched the show). I could see Saga getting an adaptation at some point, too. 

I didn't recognize the four main actors either.  I'm a touch nervous about that.  

A Saga adaptation would be great, but it would probably have to be an animated series though.

Archived