Upcoming TV Series/Movies: beyond the Apocalypse!

AncalagonTheBlack

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

As with Sword of Truth and Shannara, I can't help but see this and become irritated that they haven't picked up something a lot better. At least with those you could understand it because they'd shifted many millions of copies, but Lackey has been always a more modest success (though certainly not obscure).

Lackey developed a very dedicated fan base and her inclusion of gay characters was pretty unusual at the time. Feels like someone saw Shadow and Bone doing pretty well and decided to dig for something in a similar vein. I can think of worse choices. 

How they're going to do the Herald's horses, I do not know...

4 hours ago, RumHam said:

‘Blade Runner 2049’ Sequel Series Ordered at Amazon

I'll take more Blade Runner. I never got around to the animated show.

Damn.. Amazon's not messing around. I wonder what the budget will be like. Too bad they didn't go for continuing The Expanse if they were going for a sci-fi show. 

Edit: Hmm.. I've never seen anything by this showrunner. She'll have high expectations to fill after Villeneuve + Deakins.

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

‘Blade Runner 2049’ Sequel Series Ordered at Amazon

I'll take more Blade Runner. I never got around to the animated show.

RumHam -- just read about this and I can't wait!!! TV serials have become much more entertaining than movies at the theater, which I never would have imagined pre-Covid-19. Ridley is part of it, so I bet the budget will be decent.

I grew up in the 80s and 90s, so Whitney was impactful. Several phenomenal songs and one really good movie (with the greatest love story of all time). A real American girl (should have married Kevin) -- hope her biopic is good, a lot of my high school cohort will be interested.

She wrote this song for me.

Archived