US Politics: Biden our time while Trump's on the stump

Ormond

Just now, Maithanet said:

Funny thing, I am getting ads for Trump on this forum.  It's Donald J. Trump for President, Inc, so I assume that's a Super PAC not the actual campaign.  They show a picture of Obama with the tagline "say no to the past".  Gotta say, that is pretty damn weak.  If the Trump campaign is relying on lingering hatred and fear of President Obama to appeal to swing voters, they are in for a very rough election.  

Should have no political ads at all. Can you screen cap or figure out where it links through to?

4 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Funny thing, I am getting ads for Trump on this forum.  It's Donald J. Trump for President, Inc, so I assume that's a Super PAC not the actual campaign.  They show a picture of Obama with the tagline "say no to the past".  Gotta say, that is pretty damn weak.  If the Trump campaign is relying on lingering hatred and fear of President Obama to appeal to swing voters, they are in for a very rough election.  

Here's how you appeal to swing voters:

Not just ads for him on this forum, also lots of banner ads on the forum to buy Hawaiian shirts -- the Boogaloo shirt, in case you were wondering.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/style/boogaloo-hawaiian-shirt.html

Though the NY Times seems not to have banned those ads itself.  Feh.

~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Storm Fay, yet another inimical event aimed personally at Him, like the Pandemic and Floyd so inconsiderately dying, the teachers refusing to go back to the woodshed -- it shall play havoc with his (outdoor) NH rally this weekend.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/07/10/president-trump-portsmouth-new-hampshire-rally-postponed-tropical-storm-fay/

~~~~~~~~

"The difference between Trumpism and fascism by George Will"  -- limited clix:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-difference-between-trumpism-and-fascism/2020/07/09/377ae76e-c208-11ea-9fdd-b7ac6b051dc8_story.html

Actually DCC is probably relieved there is a storm as an excuse for canceling NH, where so many don't want him to come.  BTW, the storm isn't expected to hit NH at all, the non-Sharpie Weather Experts say.  Coward. Loser.

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Should have no political ads at all. Can you screen cap or figure out where it links through to?

What about Amazon ads for books about politics? Are those kosher?

2 hours ago, Ran said:

Links/screenshots of these would be great. I can’t see them as they’re US targeted.

I will take a screenshot if I see it again.  I've seen them several times in the past.  

1 minute ago, Maithanet said:

I will take a screenshot if I see it again.  I've seen them several times in the past.  

I had Donald asking me to take a poll against the Lamestream liberal Media at the top of the site last week. Now it's Amazon Fresh.

Grr, not something that we want. Our ad partners have politics entirely filtered out and are trying to figure out how these are getting through. Would not be surprised if bad actors are slipping them through without categorizing them correctly. 

PM me links to where they go and/or screenshots and I'll provide them so we can start getting them better filtered.

1 minute ago, Fragile Bird said:

Harvard wants me to get. Master in Clinical Investigation. Not a Masters, a Master. Is that the same as a Zen master?

I think your BDSM and medical fetishes have confused the advertising algorithm senseless.

Bet DCC doesn't care for this either:

"Top military officer labels Confederacy as treasonous as Pentagon takes ‘hard look’ at rebel ties"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/07/09/milley-confederate-bases-trump/

The military’s top officer on Thursday described Confederate leaders as traitors and said he is taking a “hard look” at renaming 10 Army installations that honor them, despite President Trump’s opposition to any changes.

“The Confederacy, the American Civil War was fought, and it was an act of rebellion,” the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark A. Milley, told members of the House Armed Services Committee. “It was an act of treason at the time against the Union, against the Stars and Stripes, against the U.S. Constitution, and those officers turned their back on their oath.

The slaveocracy just couldn't accept California, with all its gold and harbors and vast agricultural and resources coming into the Union as a free soil state, despite everything they did, including moving their slaves to CA, to work in the mines.  The 49ers were not having that!  Unfortunately it was the enslaved who got beaten and murdered by them.   They were determined that those resources of the West, none of which were in the South beyond swampy land, had to be controlled by them, including the senators, representatives and votes, to preserve, protect and expand slavery throughout the continent, and hopefully too, into the Caribbean and South America. Some even dreamed of including the Pacific Islands in this.

Get rid of the Native Americans

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/reviews/review-essay/2020-06-09/land-not-your-land?

and all that land could be worked with enslaved labor -- and all the profits accrue to them, and finally they'd have some actual cash flow beyond the iffy cotton market (as opposed to having all their real wealth within the bodies and capitalized wombs of reproducing women). Talk about having a dream of national slave sovereignty!

And they were so deluded they believed they could have it by going to war on the United States.  Yet we still demand that national military bases continue with their names on them.

Dawg... that's the most overwrought explanation for the Civil War I've ever heard. Many complicating factors made decreased Southron political status unbearable. To the point that they cited protection of their right to own another human as pretext for succession, despite the clear illegality of the action and nonexistent threat to slave mastery, in order to ameliorate the contributing list of grievances. 

What you wrote sounds like a 'You go woke, you go broke' YouTube rant. 

Well, I have studied many histories of the fight over California's admittance to the union. 1850 is when the War of the Rebellion actually began -- and I'm not alone among historians to say this.  The Compromise of 1850 set off the first official secession convention in Nashville, in 1850.  You can even google these things.  But I understand.  What matters is, like DCC, taking every opportunity to announce how superior your knowledge is and how stupid others are, despite knowing nothing, John Snow, about the matters at hand.  :D  Enjoy your time!

~~~~

By the way, this very long article is also interesting reading as very often around here, fascism and McCarthyism and nazism, etc. get discussed.

....Likening anything happening in Black Lives Matter or the broader push for social justice to McCarthyism—the most notorious campaign of state-sanctioned job-canceling in American history—gets what is happening in America right now completely backward.
[....]
The Long Version
The period known as the “McCarthy Era” started before the weasel-faced Wisconsinite became a senator. In the early days of the Cold War, as the United States and Soviet Union turned on each other over the issue of controlling the formerly Nazi-occupied portions of Europe, conservatives realized the usefulness of alleging Communist subversion among their liberal opponents. Southern Democrats alleged Communists were behind efforts to end racial segregation. Republicans used the specter of Soviet influence to discredit the New Deal.

Realizing the slander could be a potent weapon in local congressional races, President Truman, a liberal Democrat, announced a broad anti-Communist strategy to outflank the opponents to his right. In foreign policy, he promised to pursue a strategy of anti-Soviet “containment.” At home, he punched left: painting the most progressive wing of his party as “soft on Communism,” and ordering every single current or prospective government employee—roughly four million people—to be immediately investigated for “disloyalty.”

The irony was not lost at the time: a liberal, in order to placate fears of authoritarianism on the right, was imitating the tactics of the most totalitarian Communist regimes. Nor did it work for him, politically. The Republicans (and Southern Democrats) were much better at red-baiting than he was. Congressional candidates such as Richard Nixon dominated races by accusing their opponents of toeing the “Moscow line.”[....]

https://katz.substack.com/p/illiberalism-then-and-now

Dawg, anyone can vomit up the words of better men and women into an incomprehensible stew that imparts neither wisdom nor knowledge.

I provided a succinct, accurate, explanation that any reasonably intelligent human could digest. And you accuse me of trying to appear superior through deployment of accrued knowledge?

Bruh, we've both read books. The difference is that I take the information therein and form my own thoughts. Allowing for originally conceived paragraph structure that reinforces my desired points without weighty anecdotes being presented among critical fact, cluttering cogency .

Google brevity and a guy named Will-I-Am Shakesman.

Archived