BlackFish and the BwB, Bloodraven and dragon eggs.

TheLastWolf

3 hours ago, Belgarad said:

BF could wage a guerilla war from within the castle walls.

That would be lame and stupid on the author's behalf considering all the places the BF could be useful....to the plot I mean. They are mentioned in the OP and I frankly think that at least one of them is true, just not sure which.

11 hours ago, Belgarad said:

I think the BF's location was foreshadowed in the Griffin Reborn chapter.  JonCon sent soldiers to check the secret family hidey hole that he only knew of because he grew up there and lo and behold the current Connington clan was hanging out there.  I dont think it is too much of a stretch to assume that other castles have similar places.  The reason for the delay surrendering could have been to give them time to stockpile provisions for an extended stay.  BF could wage a guerilla war from within the castle walls.

This would be consistent with the Bael the Bard story of hiding in the Winterfell crypt until the baby of the Stark heiress was born.

Bran and his companions also hid in the Winterfell crypt while Theon and Ramsay searched the woods. But they eventually escaped under the portcullis, as Edmure describes for Uncle Brynden's escape. Maybe Brynden's escape was like Bran's - hide first, then escape.

Archived