What if Jon Snow had silver-blonde hair and purple eyes?

Falcon2909

Assuming Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lynanna what if he was born with silver-blonde hair and purple eyes like the Targaryens?  

It would have been very difficult for Ned to keep his birth identity a secret. What would have Ned done?

18 minutes ago, Falcon2909 said:

Assuming Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lynanna what if he was born with silver-blonde hair and purple eyes like the Targaryens?  

It would have been very difficult for Ned to keep his birth identity a secret. What would have Ned done?

I don't see the point of this. Jon is pure Stark blood(First men) at least in appearance. Maybe when he is ressurected, we can expect him to be similar to half of his father's. You know, one grey eye and purple.... Half silver gold hair, rest black etc etc 

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/157144-how-will-jons-appearance-change-after-he-is-ressurected/

Then obviously Ned would have had to either hide him away or come up with another cover story. 

Jon being the bastard of Ashara Dayne and Branden Stark would explain Targaryen features. Otherwise Ned could have him taken in by the Reeds or the Flints or one of his more isolated bannermen. 

18 hours ago, Khal Rhaego Targaryen said:

So convenient that he is 100% stark when through the Catelyn's children with Ned we know that the stark seed is not strong  :lol:

Not even the dragonseed is all powerful and strong. Hope I don't need to enumerate the examples. 

And Stark seed is strong enough where it counts.... I mean the warging and direwolves of course. 

Let's say a blonde blue eyes man marries a hazel eyed redhead. The children may have the father's traits/mother's traits / mixture of both. Doesn't mean the seed is weak. 

Similarly we have redhead blue eyed Robb, Sansa, bran and rickon while Arya the Stark features. 

And don't start those crazy theories about LF, Jon, Hodor and Osama bin laden being the father of the Stark children.... Again. 

And @James Fenimore Cooper XXII look (read) before you laugh/like some post. 

16 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Not even the dragonseed is all powerful and strong. Hope I don't need to enumerate the examples. 

Indeed. So many Targs born from Targ/non Targ parents take after the non Targ in colouring... Baelor Breakspear, Prince Duncan the Small, Rhaenys, and so many others. 

He would probably be sent to live in Essos, or somewhere remote in the north, with people Ned trusted, where Robert could not find out anything about the child's appearance. 

Even with dark hair, I believe that Jon has some details of the Targaryens in appearance, maybe that’s why GRRM chose to make Aemon blind, we know he has a long face, dark hair and eyes, but, I don’t remember having a more detailed analysis of his appearance.

3 hours ago, Falcon2909 said:

I'm trying to remember as this has been discussed before.  As I see it, Ned was bound to care for Jon as family.   He couldn't just give him away.  I think that was possibly a consideration in getting the baby as far away from Kings Landing and Robert as possible and precisely why Jon went to Winterfell.  Ned had people he trusted and Winterfell was a very big place.   There is also the possibility that Ashara Dayne as mum could have been a well-planted rumor to explain any Valyrian traits Jon may have developed with age.   Personally, I would like Jon to come out of whatever state he's currently in with some silver hair and purple eyes.   Gads wouldn't Mel have a great time with that!  

21 hours ago, TedBear said:

Even with dark hair, I believe that Jon has some details of the Targaryens in appearance, maybe that’s why GRRM chose to make Aemon blind, we know he has a long face, dark hair and eyes, but, I don’t remember having a more detailed analysis of his appearance.

Good catch! Very little got by Aemon, and if "Jon Snow" had the Rhaegar "look", Maester Aemon would have seen it -- if he'd had eyes to see.

This attention to little, not obvious details, is one of the things that makes GRRM's writing so amazing ... and why it takes so long.

22 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

And don't start those crazy theories about LF, Jon, Hodor and Osama bin laden being the father of the Stark children.... Again. 

Har! Thanks for this (probably unwelcome) note of sanity. Hodor is clearly the Three Eyed Crow  ;-)  He's so preoccupied with monitoring the WeirNet that all he can say is "Hodor, hodor, hodor".

21 hours ago, TedBear said:

He would probably be sent to live in Essos, or somewhere remote in the north, with people Ned trusted, where Robert could not find out anything about the child's appearance. 

Sorry, but the books have specifically laid out that Jon's looks is Stark through and through.  Nice try though.

22 hours ago, TedBear said:

We are told that Jon looks like Arya,both of whom looks like Ned who looks like Lyanna.......

29 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Sorry, but the books have specifically laid out that Jon's looks is Stark through and through. 

26 minutes ago, Orm said:

We are told that Jon looks like Arya,both of whom looks like Ned who looks like Lyanna.......

Sure, sure. But it's notable that we haven't gotten any detailed descriptions of Rhaegar, other than his silver-white hair and purple eyes. Might he have "Starkish" features, like a long lean face? Might Rhaegar have been tall and slender, as Jon is described, in contrast to the broader, more muscular, less willowy Rob Stark? And, for that matter, was Eddard Stark "broad and muscular" in his teens, or long and slender?

There's a lot we haven't been told.

5 minutes ago, zandru said:

Sure, sure. But it's notable that we haven't gotten any detailed descriptions of Rhaegar, other than his silver-white hair and purple eyes. Might he have "Starkish" features, like a long lean face? Might Rhaegar have been tall and slender, as Jon is described, in contrast to the broader, more muscular, less willowy Rob Stark? And, for that matter, was Eddard Stark "broad and muscular" in his teens, or long and slender?

If your point was that Jon might share traits with Rhaegar(assuming he is the biological father) then I agree........because genetics

But those traits will only be recognisable by those who are both intimate with Jon and Rhaegar and that's why Ned never feared that anyone will question Jon's parentage......

2 hours ago, zandru said:

Good catch! Very little got by Aemon, and if "Jon Snow" had the Rhaegar "look", Maester Aemon would have seen it -- if he'd had eyes to see.

A question though? Do we know that Rhaegar and Maestar Aemon met face to face when Rhaegar was an adult?

18 minutes ago, Orm said:

Do we know that Rhaegar and Maestar Aemon met face to face when Rhaegar was an adult?

No, we don't! We have been told that they corresponded, but nothing definite about actual face to face meetings. On the other hand, Aemon would have been familiar with Aerys II, Rhaegar's father, and many other members of the overlarge Targaryen family.

9 minutes ago, zandru said:

No, we don't! We have been told that they corresponded, but nothing definite about actual face to face meetings. On the other hand, Aemon would have been familiar with Aerys II, Rhaegar's father, and many other members of the overlarge Targaryen family.

Its a shame that we know nothing of the physical description of Aegon V's children.......Maestar Aemon only ever mentioned Rhaelle, courtesy Stannis(her grandson)

Archived