What if Jon Snow had silver-blonde hair and purple eyes?

Falcon2909

3 hours ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Ned could send him to the wildlings.  Let us see, blonde hair and purple eyes.  So yeah, sending him to the wildlings is a great idea.  Tormund won't be able to resist him.  Jon will be Mrs. Tormund in a short time. 

2 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Or go down in legends as Jon Membersbane.

What a terrible way to breed out the big sausage from blood line.  Bring in the Stark blood.  Their children will hereafter be known as Shortlings.  

On 7/12/2020 at 11:17 PM, Alexis-something-Rose said:

Maybe that's the whole reason the Ashara rumors were around. 

This was my thought. I am not sure this would have worked if he had silver hair, but if he had purple eyes this cover would have been perfect. It makes you really wonder how far Ned went. After all he has a lot of guilt tied up with Lyanna and Jon. 

1 hour ago, Lord of Raventree Hall said:

This was my thought. I am not sure this would have worked if he had silver hair, but if he had purple eyes this cover would have been perfect. It makes you really wonder how far Ned went. After all he has a lot of guilt tied up with Lyanna and Jon. 

I think it would have worked just fine. Dayne hair runs to silver too. Gerold Dayne has silver hair. Edric has pale blond hair. 

On 7/12/2020 at 10:22 AM, TheLastWolf said:

I don't see the point of this. Jon is pure Stark blood(First men) at least in appearance. Maybe when he is ressurected, we can expect him to be similar to half of his father's. You know, one grey eye and purple.... Half silver gold hair, rest black etc etc 

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/157144-how-will-jons-appearance-change-after-he-is-ressurected/

His eyes might change color. But I doubt his hair will.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:42 AM, zandru said:

Sure, sure. But it's notable that we haven't gotten any detailed descriptions of Rhaegar, other than his silver-white hair and purple eyes. Might he have "Starkish" features, like a long lean face? Might Rhaegar have been tall and slender, as Jon is described, in contrast to the broader, more muscular, less willowy Rob Stark? And, for that matter, was Eddard Stark "broad and muscular" in his teens, or long and slender?

There's a lot we haven't been told.

Ned was broad and muscular. Not to the extent of Robert or Brandon....but broad and muscular enough.

I don't know anything about Rhaegar being tall though.

Plenty of dragonseeds and the like around with the looks. We even have whores of Valyrian descent in King's Landing. Whether they came from the free cities or were born and raised in Westeros, we don't know, but they are there. Perhaps Ned took a fancy to one such during his time campaigning. Ashara is also the perfect candidate, there are Daynes with violet eyes and silvery hair. So a Jon with Rhaegar coloring would just get another cover story.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 10:06 AM, Falcon2909 said:

Assuming Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lynanna what if he was born with silver-blonde hair and purple eyes like the Targaryens?  

It would have been very difficult for Ned to keep his birth identity a secret. What would have Ned done?

He would be, Young Griff...

(f)Aegon is legit. He’s the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna so that’s what would have happened to Jon, he would be hidden like Aegon.

I don't think Jon could be brought up in Winterfell, even though Ned says he's the son of some Lyseni prostitute. I mean, if he has Rhaegar traits he would probably look like Rhaegar, just because some people have purple eyes and silver hair it doesn't mean they are all the same, there are a lot of blond people in the world and they are not all alike, being his son he could look like Rhaegar, and one day someone who knew Rhaegar or Robert himself would look at that boy and think "I’ve seen this boy somewhere" remember that Ned’s sister was supposedly raped by Rheagar and connect the dots.

Eventhough when Jon grew up he didn't look like Rheagar, Ned wouldn't know that, he would look at that blond baby and think he would look like his father.

Archived