Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Falcon2909

What if Jon Snow had silver-blonde hair and purple eyes?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Orm said:

Its a shame that we know nothing of the physical description of Aegon V's children.......Maestar Aemon only ever mentioned Rhaelle, courtesy Stannis(her grandson)

We do know, though. For instance, Duncan, the eldest, took after his Blackwood mum. As is the case in many Targ/non Targ offspring, as I mentioned up thread.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Duncan_Targaryen

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

We do know, though. For instance, Duncan, the eldest, took after his Blackwood mum. As is the case in many Targ/non Targ offspring, as I mentioned up thread.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Duncan_Targaryen

 

Do we have the official looks of Jahearys, Shaera, Daeron and Rhaelle as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Orm said:

Do we have the official looks of Jahearys, Shaera, Daeron and Rhaelle as well?

Yes. Among other places, the Wiki is pretty thorough. Also, we have descriptions of several Targs Martin gave to someone... Amok, maybe. I’d start by searching the SSMs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 10:12 AM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

What Ned would have done is send him away to Essos.  But that is not the story.  

Indeed.  We would be reading a totally different story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GoldenGail3 said:

Then Jon would be dead 

Maybe but Ned could probably talk Robert out of killing the daughter of Lyanna.  Anyway, the lad is still a bastard and therefore, not as big of a threat as Viserys, who was already crowned on Dragonstone.  Years will pass and he would be sent to the wall or the citadel to remove any ideas from that head of his.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, zandru said:

 

Sure, sure. But it's notable that we haven't gotten any detailed descriptions of Rhaegar, other than his silver-white hair and purple eyes. Might he have "Starkish" features, like a long lean face? Might Rhaegar have been tall and slender, as Jon is described, in contrast to the broader, more muscular, less willowy Rob Stark? And, for that matter, was Eddard Stark "broad and muscular" in his teens, or long and slender?

There's a lot we haven't been told.

Brandon of the “Bloody Sword” is taller and more muscular than Ned. Karstark men are tall and big. Uncle Benjen is long legged and if I recall right, lean. Alys is lean and long legged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Brandon of the “Bloody Sword” is taller and more muscular than Ned. Karstark men are tall and big. Uncle Benjen is long legged and if I recall right, lean. Alys is lean and long legged.

The Karstsrks are basically kin to the starks. So not a surprise considering all those intermarriages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mithras said:

We would still have RLJ deniers. R+A=J perhaps.

Not A+L=J? Since we're talking only about a change in Jon's looks not in the circumstances surrounding Lyanna's death in ToJ from implied birth complications. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shave his head.   Put wheels on the back of his head and pretend he's a skateboard.   Eddard could send him off to live with the mountain clans.  Nobody would look for a Targaryen there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

Maybe but Ned could probably talk Robert out of killing the daughter of Lyanna.  Anyway, the lad is still a bastard and therefore, not as big of a threat as Viserys, who was already crowned on Dragonstone.  Years will pass and he would be sent to the wall or the citadel to remove any ideas from that head of his.  

Yes to the Wall and send him to the rangers.  The Citadel is not going to work for a rebel like Jon.  He's too much of a rash hot head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Yes to the Wall and send him to the rangers.  The Citadel is not going to work for a rebel like Jon.  He's too much of a rash hot head.

Time and maturity will cure some of his anger management issues.  Not all of his anger, mind you.  But he should learn to better manage his anger.  At least enough to learn something at the citadel.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Yes to the Wall and send him to the rangers.  The Citadel is not going to work for a rebel like Jon.  He's too much of a rash hot head.

Catelyn would send Jon off to Skagos while Ned is away on a hunting trip.  Perfect place for Jon.  He's too wild for the maesters to teach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, GoldenGail3 said:

Then Jon would be dead 

Ned could send him to the wildlings.  Let us see, blonde hair and purple eyes.  So yeah, sending him to the wildlings is a great idea.  Tormund won't be able to resist him.  Jon will be Mrs. Tormund in a short time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

Ned could send him to the wildlings.  Let us see, blonde hair and purple eyes.  So yeah, sending him to the wildlings is a great idea.  Tormund won't be able to resist him.  Jon will be Mrs. Tormund in a short time. 

Or go down in legends as Jon Membersbane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are overthinking this. Ned would panic at first but he could easily explain Jon’s looks by saying his mother was a silver-blond haired, purple eyed woman. Ned could do exactly what he did and no one would be the wiser. 
 

Also people in Westeros are stupid so it would be easy to explain away Jon’s looks by saying that Ned slept with someone of Valyrian descent.  Ned also got lucky that Jon looked liked him/Starks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, Prince Rhaego's Soul said:

Maybe but Ned could probably talk Robert out of killing the daughter of Lyanna.  Anyway, the lad is still a bastard and therefore, not as big of a threat as Viserys, who was already crowned on Dragonstone.  Years will pass and he would be sent to the wall or the citadel to remove any ideas from that head of his.  

Son of Lyanna.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Wolves said:

People are overthinking this. Ned would panic at first but he could easily explain Jon’s looks by saying his mother was a silver-blond haired, purple eyed woman. Ned could do exactly what he did and no one would be the wiser. 
 

Also people in Westeros are stupid so it would be easy to explain away Jon’s looks by saying that Ned slept with someone of Valyrian descent.  Ned also got lucky that Jon looked liked him/Starks. 

Ned hired a Lyseni professional for a night out on the town.  That sort of excuse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...