The Wheel of Time TV Show 4: The Budget Rising [BOOK SPOILERS]

Werthead

Latest article on the latest casting news.

Unconfirmed reports that Basel Gill and a young Siuan Sanche have also been cast for the show, intriguingly since that we haven't had any sign yet of adult Siuan being cast for the show.

19 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Latest article on the latest casting news.

Unconfirmed reports that Basel Gill and a young Siuan Sanche have also been cast for the show, intriguingly since that we haven't had any sign yet of adult Siuan being cast for the show.

Maybe they can just digitally age her up.  :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

When you wrote "across the border in Slovenia" did you mean Slovakia? ;)

No, they filmed in Slovenia. That should be "across two borders," really.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Maybe they can just digitally age her up.  :lol: 

Or maybe Aes Sedai agelessness is really emphasized on the show.

"Wow. You don't look a day over twelve, Mother." 

18 minutes ago, Myrddin said:

Or maybe Aes Sedai agelessness is really emphasized on the show.

"Wow. You don't look a day over twelve, Mother." 

That's gonna be my guess. Bunch of tweens running around in color-coded negligees getting into pillow fights and then being spanked by the tween headmistresses in their slightly longer, certainly more severe, peignoirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Maria Doyle Kennedy as Ila, the extremely low-key mother of Aram.

That's fairly odd. MDK is probably the highest-profile castmember after Rosamund Pike and getting her to play effectively a guest star who's in two episodes max (and might come back a season or two down the road for two more episodes) feels strange. And of course it makes you wonder who is playing Elaida, Verin and Siuan.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

Maria Doyle Kennedy as Ila, the extremely low-key mother of Aram.

That's fairly odd. MDK is probably the highest-profile castmember after Rosamund Pike and getting her to play effectively a guest star who's in two episodes max (and might come back a season or two down the road for two more episodes) feels strange. And of course it makes you wonder who is playing Elaida, Verin and Siuan.

Unless they're massively expanding the role of the Traveling People. They are tied to the Aiel, and they do have that message about the Eye. But I'm not really seeing it, unless they change things radically. 

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent choices. They fit. I know there's going to be a huge hue and cry that Siuan isn't white, but Tear does actually have a multiethnic society.

I'd always imagined having a Black woman play her would be one of the most obvious ways to diversify the cast. While their ultimate casting choices removed any need for them to do so, I'm glad this mental picture I'd built of Siuan will make it on screen!

And announcing them together reminded me that these two spend significant amounts of time together. 

Archived