Today is a good day!

BigFatCoward

Today (which is technically inaccurate here for another fifteen minutes) is a good day.  Going to play a golf scramble with some good friends and see a bunch of people that mean something to me who I haven't seen since early March.  All outdoor, and in a state where about 1 in 90k are currently hospitalized for covid.  (Which mostly means we got hammered early. Connecticut has done worse per capita in reported deaths than Peru, which is currently leading the world on a country basis.)  Both regardless and irregardless, the forecast calls for sun and beer.

Today is a good day because I and my family are healthy, have roofs over our heads and can afford to buy food. This morning’s news made me realize that any day is a good day as long as I can state the above, I suppose. 

On a less dramatic note, today is a good day because I’m being particularly productive around the house and tackling tasks I’ve been putting off for weeks if not months. I feels so nice to sort out my clothes (although I’m really not sure if donation spots take anything at the moment with regard to the second wave of Covid),  and pull out all the seasonal items. An empty laundry bin is also a rare and welcome sight. 

• 3 weeks later...

Today is a good day because my friend group video chat was cancelled....

wait for it

... because one of my friends went into labor and had a beautiful, healthy, strong baby boy with the smoothest and squishiest little face I’ve ever seen!
I’m so so so so very happy for them. I just hope we’ll somehow manage to see that baby in person with all that’s going on before the year is over. 

1 hour ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Today at work, I just ate lunch and have no afternoon classes.  Tomorrow is the beginning of an 8-day holiday.  It's time to go find an empty classroom and have a nap.

Nothing better than a cheeky work nap. 

21 minutes ago, baxus said:

Working from home made that too easy to do and to hard to resist :D 

I dont take the piss. I use my 45 minute lunch break then eat my lunch while I clear emails. I sometimes have a second nap between finishing at 1600 and picking daughter up from nursery at 1700. 

My dogs were sweet and mostly good boys and gals, we had lovely warm, late summery weather and I enjoyed a home cooked meal by my mother, whose shoulder is healing nicely. We are all still healthy and have food and roof and backup plans for impending potential disasters I spent way too much time obsessing over today. But I’m trying to practice self control after I reminded myself that I’m needlessly catastrophizing and jumping to conclusions based on little and unreliable information. And I suppose recognizing that I’m doing this is the first step to overcoming it. There was also a 2 for 1 sale on audible of which I didn’t miss to take advantage.

Just spent the past six hours trimming my first harvest. She's been hanging upside down in the tent for the past nine days. I haven't weighed the yield yet, but I reckon I've maybe pulled about 12 - 14 ounces, perhaps more.

From one freaking plant, which makes today a very good day indeed. :pimp: :D

Built-in furniture construction is going to be ready today! :commie: I can finally get rid of the mess, and get started on post production touch-ups. I have four more rounds (electrician you prep for internet installation and change a couple lights, plumber to install sink, Internet people and handyman to fix some bathroom problems) of technical fixes, and we can move on to happier things like unpacking furniture, cleaning and procuring organizational and decor accessories. Ah to see the light at the end of the tunnel...! 
Oh and I have people to come over and install a partition and a live edge breakfast bar. But the point is that it’s all within reach now. Ah, the joy! 

Archived