Today is a good day!

BigFatCoward

Today is a good day because I had a semi-productive workday, which ended with a manager feedback that reassured me that I’d get past my probation period (this is something I was a bit anxious about because I have sky high standard for myself and I suck at judging the standard others set for me). So that was nice. BUT the really good part comes now. 

I cooked not one but TWO dishes tonight, I finished the laundry, which means there are no more piles of dirty clothes/sheets/blankets/cushion covers, AND I did a 25ish-minute workout FOR THE SECOND TIME this week. Who is this person? It’s surely not me. Or is it? Might there be hope for me yet? :lol: 

The audiobook that got me through all this is simultaneously deadly boring and ridiculously dramatic. It’s also about 20 miles off the subject it’s supposed to be about. I can’t decide if I want to invest another 8 hours into it. A part of me wants to know if or when this man’s threads of thought come together, how and to what conclusion. But another part just wants to move on to something more solid. I also keep making faces as I listen which is bound to give me even more wrinkles than I can already thank to 2020. 

what else...? Oh I have been very good with my water consumption today as well. And I only had a single cup of gently brewed black tea. (I’ve decided to ease up on the caffeine intake for several reasons, as much as I enjoy the taste and the ritual) what else...? 

nah, nothing else, let’s not be greedy. The day was been good enough. 

8 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Paid off the vast majority of my credit card debt. WOOT!!!!!!!

Fantastic.  It's good to be captain of your own soul.

As for me, I fired up all of the remaining terribly not healthy shit in my freezer in the deep fryer tonight.  Down about 25 lbs from September while getting stronger on my lifts so let's get temptation out of the way.  Want to get down to low 220s for a guy my height, without losing strength.  Doable i think easily by woldrcom with just the regular focus.  But fried cheese is delicious.

13 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I only use one regularly, and pay it off every few months. The others were for fairly exceptional situations, and I’d been paying them off for years...until today. BAM!

My reluctance is based on growing up horrendously poor, and me still deep down feeling like a poor person (though I'm clearly not) and constantly worrying about money. 

On 1/15/2021 at 8:34 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Today is a good day because the bathroom scale, for the first time in... it’s got to be several months, showed 105 lbs :commie: boy, is that a number I missed! 

If I literally cut myself in half I'd weigh 105. 

Today is a good day, my baby appears healthy, I'm having a little boy. Would be over the moon if we had a clue for a boys name. Girls names are much easier. 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

Today is a good day, my baby appears healthy, I'm having a little boy. Would be over the moon if we had a clue for a boys name. Girls names are much easier. 

David is good name, borne by some excellent people...

14 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

People tend to laugh at me and my weight struggles but I honestly don’t see how my pursuit of a weight goal is any different or less legitimate from an overweight person’s. I’m not even sure it’s less unhealthy to be underweight. 

I gravitate toward classic names that aren’t too hipster. I’d name my hypothetical child William or Gregory or even Albert, but not Atticus or Everett or Magnus and the like. Each to their own though. 

32 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I gravitate toward classic names that aren’t too hipster. I’d name my hypothetical child William or Gregory or even Albert, but not Atticus or Everett or Magnus and the like. Each to their own though. 

I just half jokingly suggested Magnus to my wife and got shot down in flames. 

33 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

People tend to laugh at me and my weight struggles but I honestly don’t see how my pursuit of a weight goal is any different or less legitimate from an overweight person’s. I’m not even sure it’s less unhealthy to be underweight. 

Both my sisters are tiny. I dont know how I ended up twice the size of them. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Steve’s a good name. 

25 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Is this where I find out what al the boarders IRL names are? 

Steve and Bruce are definitely off the table. 

Ah, you need @Ormond here!

Make sure you put Donald and Boris on the nope list!

You might want to look at the top 20 lists from the last couple of years and eliminate those names too, lol. There are so many times friends have said they named their child something they thought would be relatively uncommon only to find out in kindergarten 6 kids out of 20 have the same name as their child.

Maybe we should open a thread!

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

I just half jokingly suggested Magnus to my wife and got shot down in flames. 

When you find a name you like, siggest godawful stuff to your wife for a while. Then suggest the one you like.

4 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

When you find a name you like, siggest godawful stuff to your wife for a while. Then suggest the one you like.

A dangerous game if she likes one of the first suggestions. Young Torquil has never quite forgiven me.

Archived