Today is a good day!

BigFatCoward

On 12/17/2020 at 4:50 AM, larrytheimp said:

Turns out I broke my elbow on Saturday, I've generally avoided the ER over the last 20 years but damn.  Just have to keep it in a sling unless the orthopedic says something else on friday.  Trying to stay positive about it, we're getting 18"+ of snow tonight and it's straight up powder and im very tempted to ski some stuff I've been eyeing for a couple years tomorrow.  We don't get these local conditions very often (every other year or so).  will probably compromise, be safe, and xc ski flat stuff with the dog.  

I went downhilling once with arm still in cast and once the day after slipping at the Jacuzzi edge and getting 16 scalp staples.

Do not get between me and my skiing:D

2nd shot in the books. I am somewhat confident I will be asymptomatic, as I was for the actual virus and the first shot. 

Feels good. Took my friend who is quite high risk, and he is absolutely delighted. Other than me,  he has hardly interacted with anyone for over a year. Can't wait to get him out the house to St Louis' top-notch zoo. 2 years ago I pushed his wheelchair around post-major stroke, now he will be able to get off the train for some good walks in the non-hilly parts. He's come a long way, and I can't wait to celebrate with some sea lions and prairie dogs.

Relatively new neighbors approached us a few weeks ago about possibly buying our backyard playset?  They have an 18 month old and, of course, our 15 and 13 year-olds aren't using it much anymore (they just sit on the swings sometimes these days).  We said sure because it saves them money and, of course, what are we gonna do with it?  So today we got it moved from our yard to their yard.  It was a large job but it went better than I anticipated.  We had it moved and reassembled in about 5 hours.  Their little guy (and any future children) will have a blast with it for years to come:) 

Today was a good day because my teenage son was exercising alongside me for an hour and we were just chatting naturally about all kinds of stuff.  It might seem like a small thing, but you have to prize these moments when you get an unforced conversation for that long with a 14 year old.  He’s a good kid.

Today is an excellent day because I learned that my boss seems to want to keep me working here for another year (my current contract is only for one year). It is all just a hint for now, and nothing is fixed, but still ... possible employment in a good place for another year! (Hoping for a year without school closures, if that is not too much to ask, thank you very much. ;) )

I'm two days late, but Wednesday has been a great day for me!

I woke up to the news that my sister gave birth to healthy baby boy and the delivery went smooth and both were fine. Then I opened up sports news and read that this proposed European football Super League attempt collapsed (if anyone's interested in details, go read the football thread) and later in the day I got a revised calculations for some tax I need to pay that reduced the initial amount by half. It was a pretty good day at work, too, but nothing this major :D 

Back to working on site, starting to feel way less overwhelmed now that I’m actually there and can physically see the space again (I work in a museum). 

my BBC audio piece will hopefully be broadcast at some point, it’s all done now. 

and I wrote the introduction to an illustrated mythology book! How neat is that? :D 

also it’s my birthday tomorrow ^_^

5 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Back to working on site, starting to feel way less overwhelmed now that I’m actually there and can physically see the space again (I work in a museum). 

my BBC audio piece will hopefully be broadcast at some point, it’s all done now. 

and I wrote the introduction to an illustrated mythology book! How neat is that? :D 

also it’s my birthday tomorrow ^_^

Before I forget then, Happy birthday!!! 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Happy Birthday! :cheers: 

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

Happy Birthday!

3 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Happy birthday!:)

Thank you :D had a lovely visit to Heligan Gardens, lush vegan pasty. Now I’m chilling in my garden with gin and these massive crisps. Then I plan on eating pizza and having a nice bath with all my new bath bombs (and more gin) 

cheers!!! 

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The Protectobots, a set of Transformers who combine into giant robot Defensor, arrived! I really wanted this set when I was 7, and now it is mine! This week’s indulgence-buy.

Does the middle one turn into a fire engine? I think I had that when I was a child, but not the others.

Archived