Today is a good day!

BigFatCoward

Bad day good day scenario. Warned to work the weekend which sucks, get on the train (which is direct to London- 50 mins) and open emails to find out the person I'm covering for is no longer sick so I don't need to work. So now I've got to travel all the way to London turn around and go all the way home again. But it does mean I am off tonight and tomorrow. 

It's a good day because I remembered in time when I got home that the downstairs toilet was out of comission.  And I m more than tall enough to easily pull off a sink piss.

Plus I remaining box wine.

(Was going to edit that last bit but it's almost poetical how eliding one word makes a better story. Eat a shotgun Ernest.)

What’s good about today is I learned my nephew survived a medical emergency yesterday.  He was stung in the tongue and mouth by a meat eating wasp that was in his BBQ sandwich.

He was in a powerboat in a lake w/wife and friends. They got him to the dock where the ambulance was waiting. 

His tongue, face, and throat were swelling and he had Benidryl with him.  Until now he hasn’t been allergic to stings but I guess that’s changed.

So thankful he had folks to help him and he responded well to treatment. 
:love:  :grouphug:  :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, LongRider said:

What’s good about today is I learned my nephew survived a medical emergency yesterday.  He was stung in the tongue and mouth by a meat eating wasp that was in his BBQ sandwich.

He was in a powerboat in a lake w/wife and friends. They got him to the dock where the ambulance was waiting. 

His tongue, face, and throat were swelling and he had Benidryl with him.  Until now he hasn’t been allergic to stings but I guess that’s changed.

So thankful he had folks to help him and he responded well to treatment. 
:love:  :grouphug:  :D

Hang the fuck on. A meat eating wasp? Jesus fucking Christ, where the hecc do you live?

Glad your nephew is okay.

On 7/20/2021 at 5:46 AM, Spockydog said:

Hang the fuck on. A meat eating wasp? Jesus fucking Christ, where the hecc do you live?

Glad your nephew is okay.

Northern California and yes, these wasps are common pests at cookouts and picnics.  Quite the little bastards. 

With Partner, Had a most delicious early evening dinner on the penthouse patio looking over the upper east side.  The home of an old friend not seen since prior the pandemic, and one other plus Hostess's adorable Maltese, who is still with as well, still as cute and sweet and entertaining as ever.  I enjoyed so much playing with him! 

My mam came to visit, it was good as she was SI until just before she left so no covid concerns, and she is he best nana ever. I've hardly looked after my kids since yesterday afternoon.

I honestly don't know how someone as compassionate, empathetic and universally loved by all produced me. 

19 hours ago, Zorral said:

What a fortunate fellow with a mom like that!  Surely your wife is equally happy to have such a MIL!  Lucky grandkids too.

They get on great. After the baby was born she said 'I really don't want anyone else in the house for a while except your mam'. 

Today is a great day because I finally left the terrible city and am going home. I have been sitting on this bus for more than 10 hours, it is really boring and uncomfortable, but I will get off in my hometown in about half an hour and I am very happy about this.

Today was a sad day because Brian from our Sunday golf church league passed away earlier this week.  But we honored him by drinking a lot of Bud Heavy and i played about my best nine holes ever regardless.

#SummerOfMike

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the shit sandwich that today has been, the middle part was actually great. Every six months or so I’ll do something in this job for an afternoon or two that I actually enjoy. It was fun, we had fun, we provided people with a tiny slice of fun and sense of community and in turn they appreciated us for it. When the organizers called, we rallied to help and we appreciated each other and there was no pressure or judgement. That is what teamwork and team spirit means and should mean. 

Archived