Sign in to follow this  
BigFatCoward

Today is a good day!

Today is the greatest day I've ever known. I am getting the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine at CVS. I'm going with my Mom. I'm going to be quitting smoking also. It feels really good. I've got this solid mindset of desperately needing to get rid of it altogether. I do not need to push myself about this anymore. Gonna be the greatest day I've ever known. This is the more than anything I want to be better in all ways day. I already prayed. That was sort of topsy-turvy because I didn't focus on what I was saying. But that is alright. I wonder what goes on in heaven with Jesus and God and the angels and all the other big ones all the time. And all the individuals that live there. I'm like a child. "Become like little children". I'm really free because of Jesus, and I totally believe that. Jesus is King of Heaven and Earth. And I never forgot it. I let my curious mind wander away from me all the time. Sometimes I think I can make too many bargains with those people. 

3 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

... and been offered representation by a literary agent!

Wow. Was expecting a rejection.

Congratulations! Well deserved :)

9 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

... and been offered representation by a literary agent!

Wow. Was expecting a rejection.

Woooohooooo! Congrats, man. :D

Just now, Buckwheat said:

My paper has been published by a quite high-ranking journal for literature! Woohoo! :commie: 

May the Fourth be with you all.

Congrats, @Buckwheat!!!

We both have dental appointments today!  We both have vision appointments next week!  We both have gotten haircuts!  We both have new jeans that don't fall off!

Slowly, slowly, sloooooooooooooooooly the catching up on all the things postponed / impossible for 14 + months are getting accomplished.

Today was a good day because I decided to quit journaling on paper. It wasted time. It was completely silly because I could reach out to no one that way, and it didn't sink in. How oblivious? No one was ever going to answer me. It made me feel so bad. 

Now that I made the decision to quit writing everything on paper, maybe I can get somewhere. 

Had my first jab today. It was Pfizer. No side effects yet either. I'm 34, so I think the vaccinations must be going quite well here in Wales. It was funny sitting on socially distanced chairs afterwards with everyone around me looking the same age. That hasn't happened since the last year of undergrad. I wanted to ask - "So who had a tamagotchi? Who collected POGs? Fess up!" 

2 hours ago, john said:

That sounds great, congratulations! Very much looking forward to reading an urban fantasy in Glasgow.

Thanks. The agent is doing an edit on the book, and hopefully it will find a publisher :)

On 5/13/2021 at 10:20 AM, Derfel Cadarn said:

Remember your early fans when you'rich and famous :P

congratulations though, really!

1 minute ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Remember your early fans when you'rich and famous :P

congratulations though, really!

Thanks and will do :)

I’m sure the ones on this board got a group mention in the acknowledgements of Lord of the Hunt at the back of the book

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

Wife woke me at 0615, at 0630 i delivered our baby boy on the bathroom floor. Big sister also delivered by me on the kitchen floor. I am a father of 2 and have a grand total of 43 minutes of watching my wife in labour. I'm a very lucky man. 

21 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Wife woke me at 0615, at 0630 i delivered our baby boy on the bathroom floor. Big sister also delivered by me on the kitchen floor. I am a father of 2 and have a grand total of 43 minutes of watching my wife in labour. I'm a very lucky man. 

Wow. Congratufuckinglations!

36 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Congratulations!