Sign in to follow this  
BigFatCoward

Today is a good day!

Today is a good day because I am finally saying that I am done with smoking. Relying only on Listerine Total Care Zero Alcohol Mouthrinse and Arm & Hammer Peroxicare Toothpaste, I am going to quit. It seems to work to make me not crave anything. Also, not having the smell anywhere and water. Those things are the best. 

I am full on ready to do this over again. It will be the best decision in my life because it is just the most disgusting thing. 

Last night I went for a walk around the park and found seven police SUVs and an EMS vehicle parked at the corner. A 90-year old lady with dementia had wandered away from home and searchers had been combing the neighbourhood for hours looking for her. A man noticed a confused looking elderly person a couple of miles away and asked her if she needed help. She must have had id with her because he brought her home in a taxi, just before I went to the park. Now that’s a really good day!

21 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Congratulations on the lifer!!!! That's so rad. :love:

Regarding the Redstart -- I'm going to continue this convo in the birding thread (which I had forgotten existed). Confusing fall birds is nothing to be ashamed of! Also I'm going to entice you and E to join a project I helped start that is focused just on this issue!

Looking forward to it!

Today is a good day because I have survived my first week working as a high school teacher. The past two days have been really intense, I am exhausted. So the job is tiring and demanding, but I think I will get used to it and build up some stamina; and with practice, lesson planning won't take as long anymore. The coworkers seem friendly and want to help a beginner, which is great for me. The students are, well, teenagers, some seem to be lazy or moody, but most are actually really eager to participate. I have mostly the first years (around the age of 14 or 15), which is great, because they start learning new things from the beginning and they haven't skipped out on important knowledge while in quarantine, and also because I am not taking over from another teacher who got them used to their order, so I can build the dynamic and order I want in the class. And my limited and totally biased experience teaches me that working with high schoolers is much easier and more pleasant and less self-confidence-killing than working with primary schoolers.

The downsides of the new job are the long commute (really hate it) and, well, not really a downside, because measures to limit the spread of disease are important, but, well, the anti-covid rules are somewhat impacting certain parts of the job. I am totally understanding of the necessity of these measures and definitely don't want a virus to get into my workplace and attack my students, my coworkers, and their families, I just wish I could start a new career in different circumstances.

All in all, however, a good day/week, I hope it continues into a good month. :)

Today was a good day because it was cold outside. I really like the cold outside and the warm inside. To me, it feels so much better. 

It was topsy-tirvy when it's about the cigarettes though. As if I cannot get a break. 

So it was an alright day.

Today (which is technically inaccurate here for another fifteen minutes) is a good day.  Going to play a golf scramble with some good friends and see a bunch of people that mean something to me who I haven't seen since early March.  All outdoor, and in a state where about 1 in 90k are currently hospitalized for covid.  (Which mostly means we got hammered early. Connecticut has done worse per capita in reported deaths than Peru, which is currently leading the world on a country basis.)  Both regardless and irregardless, the forecast calls for sun and beer.

Today is a good day because I and my family are healthy, have roofs over our heads and can afford to buy food. This morning’s news made me realize that any day is a good day as long as I can state the above, I suppose. 

On a less dramatic note, today is a good day because I’m being particularly productive around the house and tackling tasks I’ve been putting off for weeks if not months. I feels so nice to sort out my clothes (although I’m really not sure if donation spots take anything at the moment with regard to the second wave of Covid),  and pull out all the seasonal items. An empty laundry bin is also a rare and welcome sight. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

Restaurant bought me wrong meal. I bit into my wrap before realising, so they let me have it for free as well as my actual meal. 2 lunches. Now I'm sleepy. 

Today is a good day because my friend group video chat was cancelled....

wait for it

... because one of my friends went into labor and had a beautiful, healthy, strong baby boy with the smoothest and squishiest little face I’ve ever seen!
I’m so so so so very happy for them. I just hope we’ll somehow manage to see that baby in person with all that’s going on before the year is over. 

Today at work, I just ate lunch and have no afternoon classes.  Tomorrow is the beginning of an 8-day holiday.  It's time to go find an empty classroom and have a nap.

1 hour ago, Teng Ai Hui said:

Today at work, I just ate lunch and have no afternoon classes.  Tomorrow is the beginning of an 8-day holiday.  It's time to go find an empty classroom and have a nap.

Nothing better than a cheeky work nap. 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Working from home made that too easy to do and to hard to resist :D 

21 minutes ago, baxus said:

Working from home made that too easy to do and to hard to resist :D 

I dont take the piss. I use my 45 minute lunch break then eat my lunch while I clear emails. I sometimes have a second nap between finishing at 1600 and picking daughter up from nursery at 1700. 

I have definitely started taking the occasional nap during the work day when things have gotten overwhelming and I'm basically too stressed to actually get work done.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:31 AM, BigFatCoward said:

What about a cheeky work wank?

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

Aren't you a carer? 

You'll never take me, copper!

I am all set on a new life, almost. I ran outta money! This is the most perfect thing in the world. I get a new life. Compared to the old one, I can actually do this.