Sign in to follow this  
BigFatCoward

Today is a good day!

Today’s been a really good day so far!

I got up at a reasonable hour, did a workout IN THE MORNING and did a load of laundry. Then I got the most urgent things done on my to do list and had a quick lunch. And then my father came over and brought me a bouquet of flowers for my name day (that’s not a birthday as in asoiaf, it’s the day a calendar lists your name or something, don’t know where it comes from but it’s a thing here). So that was just lovely and it made me very happy. 

(I’m shit at expressing happiness and joy, so I’ll make sure to follow up with a call to thank him again, because I really want him to know how much I appreciate the gesture)

And I’m stuffing myself with cinnamon rolls I made yesterday. So it’s been lovely and I’m really grateful for having such a lovely day every once in a while.

I think today is a good day because it's all up to me to love my family, and I'm really gullible. It's bound to happen and I couldn't be more excited. 

Today is a good day as well although it’s only half past ten. We had the vet over at 7:45, doggies were all vaccinated by 8am, walked by 8:45, and I finished breakfast by 9:10. That’s quite impressive for a Saturday. 

13 hours ago, Liffguard said:

Finally got my Canadian citizenship papers back. Not planning on moving in the immediate future (even without taking Covid into account), but it's nice to have the option in the back pocket.

Pardon me if you’ve explained and I missed it but how did you get that? Just curious about people who get dual citizenship and how they went about it. 

Today was good because I met the Mothership and the dogs and we went for a nice walk. It was cold but bright and sunny and we were out for probably 2.5-3 hours. Then we dropped the dogs at her house, she drove me to my flat, I made us coffee and she cut my hair. She used to do hairdressing for a living before I was born so its been a while but it was not a bad effort at all and looks much tidier than it did before. I was getting pretty desperate and couldn't have gone another month (at the very least). The walk, seeing my mam, and seeing the dogs all boosted my mood a lot, and having my hair cut makes me feel less self-conscious about my appearance.

8 hours ago, S John said:

Pardon me if you’ve explained and I missed it but how did you get that? Just curious about people who get dual citizenship and how they went about it. 

My Mum's Canadian, so I had Canadian citizenship from birth. I just never had any of the paperwork. Technically I have three citizenships, but I don't like to talk about the third one.

Edited by Liffguard

8 hours ago, Liffguard said:

My Mum's Canadian, so I had Canadian citizenship from birth. I just never had any of the paperwork. Technically I have three citizenships, but I don't like to talk about the third one.

Dad from Sunderland? 

On 1/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, BigFatCoward said:

If I literally cut myself in half I'd weigh 105. 

Today is a good day, my baby appears healthy, I'm having a little boy. Would be over the moon if we had a clue for a boys name. Girls names are much easier. 

Megatron is an excellent name for a little boy. Or a little girl for that matter.

We found boy names easier, (probably cos I was a div over girls names). We both wanted fairly short, fairly strong. I wanted Hugh, he wanted Ronan, we compromised on Evan.

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Dad from Sunderland? 

This made me cackle because when I was at Uni i would always say i was from Newcastle or Durham rather than admit I was from Sunderland.

(Just barely though, its a Sunderland/Durham boundary)

Today is a good day because for the first time in months, the number of people sick with covid-19 that need to stay in hospitals is under 1000 in the whole country.

My mental state is still on a very low point, but at least this is one positive piece of news for today.

Today is a good day just because. I got up at 7:30 even though it’s a Saturday, I’m waiting my IKEA order to arrive, I’ll walk (an hour there and another back) to pick up a book order from a store in the afternoon. I cleaned and tidied last night, I had a “healthy”ish dinner, and even though I had a shit night of sleep, I feel pretty good and content. (Let’s hope the world doesn’t screw it up)

Yesterday was a good day because I shortly talked to a coworker I haven't seen in months in person - we happened to work from the school on the same day. And then had a long skype chat with two friends in the evening. You might say that was the high point of my social life in the past few months.

I hope today is going to be a good day - I am planning to spend most of it studying for an exam for a teacher certification.

Today is a good day because I bought a second-hand mandolin on e-bay via auction. That's probably the most exciting thing I've done all month. Also, Saturday! :cheers: (The second beer smiley needs to go, obviously. It's just one person with one glass of beer.)

Today is a good day because I got up and got to training before work. Even after hitting snooze button first!

Pre-work workouts used to be part of my routine but I've had trouble maintaining consistency over the last month or two, so it feels like I'm starting from scratch and creating a new routine.

I got my old wallet out of the closet yesterday.  Was surprised to discover that it still had 60 USD in it.  Also, I got an unexpected bonus from work of 200 USD.  So, first round at the next Council Meeting is on me.  :cheers: