Why was there no justice given to Elia Martell and her children ?

Sasuke Targaryen

13 hours ago, Victor Newman said:
  1. Justice is hard to come by in times of war.
  2. Jon Arryn and Hoster Tullys are selectively honorable.  Remember what Hoster did to the Goodberooks.  He destroyed that family and their village for siding with King Aerys.  Hoster was wrong, in my opinion.
  3. Most people suspected the order having come from Tywin.  Proof was lacking.  Tywin was very strong and people are reluctant to take him on.
  4. It did set a bad example but that sort of conduct has happened before.  House Stark fought and killed the family of their enemies.  Tywin did the Castamere thing to unruly vassals.  
  5. The Baratheon and Lannister women and children are fair game for any member of House Targaryen who takes the throne.  We already know what the rebels did to the boy whom they thought was Prince Aegon.  It is understandable if the boy chooses to be harsh.  My advice to Prince Aegon, is to hang Stannis and Jaime.  He should also hang the remaining leaders of Robert's Rebellion.  Anybody who was in a leadership position.  Stannis Baratheon would have murdered King Viserys III and Princess Daenerys if he had caught them on Dragonstone.  I would advice Daenerys to spare Shireen and Selyse, but definitely, absolutely execute Stannis Baratheon and Jaime Lannister.  I would also counsel the Targaryen to reward the families who remained loyal.  I would take away River Run from the Freys and give it to the Goodbrooks.  Remove the Lannisters from power and distribute their gold to the families who remained loyal to House Targaryen.  I would pardon Ser Aliser Thorne and make him Lord of the Stormlands and give him Storm's End.  Offer Winterfell to Barbrey Dustin and give the Eyrie to a loyal supporter.  

If this was Daemon Targaryen. He would had castrated Robert Baratheon.

Because unluckily for them........ And the remaining Targaryen children( Dany and Viserys)

a) Aerys pissed on Tywin and Rhaegar pissed on Robert......

b) They got the worst possible combo to have against you of Tywin + Robert.........

On 7/19/2020 at 5:12 AM, Sasuke Targaryen said:

Why didn't anyone try to get justice for the murder of Elia Martell and her children from the rebel side who had honorable people like Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully ? 

And How did Tywin Lannister get away with this? Murdering members of a great house and innocent children and presenting them rapped around the colors of his house? Doesn't this set a bad precedent for the future baratheon dynasty eg if the targaryen return to power than they may not spare innocent baratheon women and children? 

Why didn't the rebels side leaders like Jon Arryn atleast try to put Tywin for trial for this? 

The Dornish were also the only region not to bend the knee while violence was going on. The closest contenders (the Reach) knelt to the Rebel forces and submitted to their terms at SE.

2 hours ago, R2D said:

Yeah this seems stupid. Why wouldn't Tywin sacrifice two bannermen to prevent an eternal cold war? Gregor is not that important.

Tywin is arrogant to a fault and believes people dumb in comparison.

Even after Tyrion got him Dorne he was stupid enough not to sacrifize Gregor until Oberyn was killed.

Just now, frenin said:

Tywin is arrogant to a fault and believes people dumb in comparison.

Even after Tyrion got him Dorne he was stupid enough not to sacrifize Dorne.

First line I agree with. Given Dornish feelings towards the Baratheons and the "secret marriage pacts", I do not think the Lannisters could ever "win over" Dorne. At least not in this generation. Even in a world where Arianne married Tommen I would imagine throats would be slit.

38 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

First line I agree with. Given Dornish feelings towards the Baratheons and the "secret marriage pacts", I do not think the Lannisters could ever "win over" Dorne. At least not in this generation. Even in a world where Arianne married Tommen I would imagine throats would be slit.

True but Tywin didn't even try, killing Gregor didn't cost him much. He didn't because he's Tywin.

4 hours ago, R2D said:

Yeah this seems stupid. Why wouldn't Tywin sacrifice two bannermen to prevent an eternal cold war? Gregor is not that important.

Arrogance.

Tywin Lannister also knew the sort of man Robert Baratheon was (spineless) and that Dorne couldn't stand against the combined might of Houses Lannister, Arryn, Stark, Baratheon and Tully.

On 7/19/2020 at 3:12 AM, Sasuke Targaryen said:

Why didn't anyone try to get justice for the murder of Elia Martell and her children from the rebel side who had honorable people like Jon Arryn and Hoster Tully ? 

And How did Tywin Lannister get away with this? Murdering members of a great house and innocent children and presenting them rapped around the colors of his house? Doesn't this set a bad precedent for the future baratheon dynasty eg if the targaryen return to power than they may not spare innocent baratheon women and children? 

Why didn't the rebels side leaders like Jon Arryn atleast try to put Tywin for trial for this? 

Because people like Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon are horrible people who is as corrupt  and not good men. 

I always hated the rebels because of this. I side eye them too because they rewarded the rapist and murderers of innocent women, babies, children and men. 

5 hours ago, R2D said:

He needed tools like them.  A leader should avoid alienating his supporters unless it is really necessary.  Tywin was said to fear Doran, but is that a belief or a fact.  Not enough to surrender his loyal thugs.

7 hours ago, BlackLightning said:

Tywin Lannister also knew the sort of man Robert Baratheon was (spineless) a

A spineless man would not be winning a rebellion that toppled a dynasty on his own merits........... Tywin had every reason to think that he could get away with it, mainly because the rebels would be stupid to make war with the west instead of allying with them......

Although I do agree, Rob had shown to be a moral coward on occasion........

6 hours ago, The Wolves said:

Because people like Jon Arryn and Robert Baratheon are horrible people who is as corrupt  and not good men. 

Yeah....... But then Aerys the mad cunt and Rhaegar the mad pussy, are even way beyond them in depravity........

Where was justice when Jon Arryn's Nephew was being roasted alive?

On 7/27/2020 at 10:48 AM, BloodyJollyRoger said:

this was Daemon Targaryen. He would had castrated Robert Baratheon.

But unfortunately for the Targs it was Rhaegar the Mad Pussy............ But Daemon would have been smashed to pulp as well (if no dragon).........

Besides Rob had balls of Valyrian Steel.........

12 hours ago, R2D said:

Tywin's other vassals might be worry that their liege that also has the duty to protect them is turning them around to be killed after they obeyed his commands.

This sets a dangerous precendent if carried.

3 hours ago, Roswell said:

Daemon would know how to play dirty.  Calling Jon Arryn to execute his wards was a dumb idea.  Mr. Rock-n-Roll would have chosen a different way of dealing with Robert and Eddard. 

Isn't this a thread about not using under handed tactics?.......(ie: Justice for Elia and her kids. Starting with Aerys and Rhaegar).......

Then let's call Goddess Elenei, Brandon the Builder and the Falcon king........... To the rebellion ( if we allowed to call characters from the past) as well...... let's see how Daemon fairs......

10 hours ago, Trigger Warning said:

There's an inherent cost in killing men that did your bidding for doing your bidding. He needs his tools. 

The sea is full of Gregors that don't think too hard about it, the West particularly is full of them.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:56 AM, The hairy bear said:

It's worth remembering that the identities of the murderers were not made public. This is what the official story says:

It is tragic that the blood spilled in war may as readily be innocent as it is guilty, and that those who ravished and murdered Princess Elia escaped justice. It is not known who murdered Princess Rhaenys in her bed, or smashed the infant Prince Aegon's head against a wall. Some whisper it was done at Aerys's own command when he learned that Lord Lannister had taken up Robert's cause, while others suggest that Elia did it herself for fear of what would happen to her children in the hands of her dead husband's enemies. (TWOIAF)

Robert and Jon Arryn probably never knew who killed Elia and her kids, and perhaps they were not even aware that Elia had been raped. If they even cared to ask, Tywin could easily reply that he didn't know.

By the time the novels starts, Eddard has heard the rumor that Gregor was behind the murder of Elia and Aegon, but remarks that no one dares to say that in Gregor's presence. And Amory's involvement was even less known, judging by Tyrion's surprise when Tywin reveals it.

Yandel's account sounds more like official propaganda than an honest account.  

Archived