Pictionary 50 - game over

Pebble thats Stubby

Hello and welcome to Pictionay 50   the game where we go back an do the 20 something game numbers we skipped last time I hosted.

First of I'd like to thank the previous hosts of Pictionay especially @Buckwheat who hosted the last artwork inspired one.  (and hasn't yet posted their results in the pictionary collection thread)

This game will be kinda themed but you don't have to stick to the theme if you want to send something else.  Its just for guided inspiration if you need it.

The theme is   "Holiday clamities"   - this is cos for half the world its summer and we should all be going on our summer holidays (apologises if you are on the other side of the world)  but this year is kinda a special case, so this theme is to make you all feel better about not going on holiday cos of all the disasters that could happen.

a few things I am banning.   Trump, Brexit, Viruses, adding yourself to any chain without justification, unclothed people below the age of 21 (this includes Harry Potter of any age)  Uncovered boobs and Penises attached to people  ( I will allow amputated versions to be depicted if necessary)   Any Adult content involving children.

Warning Sentences Must be short.   I will be enforcing this.   If your sentence is too long I will cut it of once its over the limit.  I won't care if the cut off point doesn't make sense.  max sentence length is 1 1/2 lines of text on my laptop.   if you change font size so you can write more I'll adjust it anyway.

full rules will be posted if anyone asks for them or we have new players.

Post here or send a PM to play.

PM  your sentence to me   title of the PM  should be <boardname> + Pictionary 47

Basic Rules in spoiler Tag

Spoiler

How to play

1. Send me a PM entitled <Player Name> Pictionary 47 containing a starting sentence.

2. I'll send you someone else's sentence. You'll have around 72 hours (3 days) to draw (or otherwise art) the sentence and send me a link to it in the PM chain you started in #1.

3. You'll be sent someone else's picture. You'll have 48 hours (2 days) to send me a description of that picture.

4. I'll keep sending round the pictures and sentences in alternating rounds.

5. I'll post all the results for your amusement and delectation. 

Sentence rules

Your description should only be one sentence, not a paragraph. Don't go crazy with the subclauses. The spirit of what you think is being shown is more important than the details - your interpretation is what we want!

Picture rules

Any kind of visual art which has been completely created by you is great. Most people will either draw on paper and photograph/scan it, or use digital drawing software such as MS Paint. But feel free to unleash your creativity. For example, in the past there has been Plasticine pictionary.

Please link me to a PNG or JPG hosted elsewhere (e.g. people often use imgur.com). Make sure the picture link doesn't give any clues to the image or its origins. It should be a size where we can easily see it, and should be rotated to be the correct way round.

The only restrictions are: use of letters in drawings is not allowed; it must be entirely your own work - there shouldn't be any kind of copying/pasting from google images (though using them as reference material is fine).

A guide to how some Pictionary players are often depicted.  - You do not have to follow these and are free to create your own versions, but may help you understand pictures or give you insiration.  Often these are plays on peoples normal Avatar / Board Name / Interests/hobbies

Hide contents

Bex / DreamSongs is a witch (not in martial arts gear)

BlackBear is the hulk (i.e. green guy) Sometimes a black teddy-bear

Buckwheat is a flower

Count Balerion is a one-eared vampire cat

Helena is ginger  - in the past she has been drawn as Toothless from how to train your dragon

Horse of Kent is a horse

Lany is a karate witch

Pebble is a Yellow Little Miss

RhaenysB is blonde  sometimes black cat with a Targaryen sigual

Rocksniffer is a dog  normally smoking and or peeing

TitanCat is a Parrot.   (everyone forgets the cabin)

Players   (Bolded have completed the task for the current round and may request a bonus round)

Eternally His

Jez Bell

Yet Another Ayra

Count Ballerion

Bucky

Teri 

Lany

DreamSongs

Possible replacements

RhyaenysB

On 7/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

First of I'd like to thank the previous hosts of Pictionay especially @Buckwheat who hosted the last artwork inspired one.  (and hasn't yet posted their results in the pictionary collection thread)

Fixed now. ;) 

On 7/22/2020 at 11:40 AM, Pebble thats Stubby said:

Uncovered boobs and Penises attached to people  ( I will allow amputated versions to be depicted if necessary)  

This is ... ... ... weirdly specific. :blink: 

I will play. I need to think of a sentence. I am assuming this won't cut it:

Spoiler

Trump spreads the virus everywhere during his speech about Brexit, while the naked Harry Potter army cheers and waves with flags with pictionary players on them. :P

Also @The BlackBear @Lany Freelove Cassandra @HelenaExMachina

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Fixed now. ;) 

This is ... ... ... weirdly specific. :blink: 

I will play. I need to think of a sentence. I am assuming this won't cut it:

Reveal hidden contents

Trump spreads the virus everywhere during his speech about Brexit, while the naked Harry Potter army cheers and waves with flags with pictionary players on them. :P

Also @The BlackBear @Lany Freelove Cassandra @HelenaExMachina

Well I remember penis balloons as a result of badly draw thermometers, and I'm all for equal ops.  I'm trying to avoid character nudity showing those parts, without limiting people's creativity.   

5 hours ago, Teri said:

I got my account settings fixed. Do I PM you a sentence immediately, or wait for a “GO” signal?

Ya send it as soon as you have one worked out.

Once you have done ya can either wait till I have enough players or sentences, or you can ask for a bonus round.   These are chains started by me and need either drawing or describing depending on what's available chain order is more haphazard and you can be in them more than once if I feel they have mutated sufficiently.   The main purpose of bonus rounds are to stop people getting board while waiting for others.

we now have 8 players signed up,  which means we will start on Friday unless someone needs a delay.

9 Players would be better for a full game more are very welcome.

@rocksniffer  @The BlackBear @She who must be Obeyed @TitanCat @HelenaExMachina @honeyed chicken

1 hour ago, Teri said:

Hi, can you explain what a "bonus chain" and "requesting a bonus round" mean? It is not in the rules list.

Bonus chains are extra chains not in the main game.  They work the same way but there is no predetermined order and are more on a whoever asks gets if available.   Most of these end up being very short as not everyone takes part in the bonuses.  They where invented as a way to keep faster players occupied while waiting for slower players.  It makes people less whiney.

They are also open to those not playing the main game normally due to time restraints.  People can only ask for one when they have completed their drawing or sentence and inted to get them back fairly promptly.  Say in 2 days or less for drawings.

You may also be in the same bonus chain mire than once if it has sufficiently mutated if no others are available.   In the main game you can only be in each chain once unless I really f up.   Which does happen occasionally.   

To request one,  ya just post here or pm me  something like.

Hey Pebs  ya got a bonus chain I can do?

You should also state if you have a preference between draw or describe.  If none stated you will get pot luck.   You might not get your preference if only one type is available but I try my best.

Archived