Pictionary 50 - game over

Pebble thats Stubby

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I also mixed up Saint Paul and Saint Peter. :leaving: Such mix-ups happen all the time in this game. There was a bunch of games where Loras and Margaery Tyrell kept being mixed up ...

@Eternally_His (for some reason the board won't let me quote your post) - I know about Lily Potter, but of course there are several popular characters called Lily. There was a German children's book about a teen witch called Lili, for example. I mean, I could have a real-life neighbour Lily (I don't) and draw her. ;) I think I remember a game where somebody referred to some George and the next drawing person just drew George R. R. Martin, although it was not this particular George who was meant originally.

Yeah, but I practically told all of you about Lily and Maeglin during the last pictionary. Hell, I even answered your question which Lily I meant. Not my fault you weren't paying attention to what I said back then. Especially since I was rather vocal about how I planned to write a starting sentence using those characters and refused to play in your game because I couldn't do so...

Good morning everyone, this is the first time I turn on my computer since last Tuesday and I apologize for my absence. I went hikking again and when I came back to see my parents on Friday evening, it turned out there were relatives at home for several days, it became a family meeting bigger and longer than expected, and now I'm taking care of my nieces until Friday. You know everything about my life now...

I should have took the time to tell @Pebble thats Stubby but caught in the middle of the "family storm" I totally forgot.

Again I'm really sorry for having ended the game and ruined Pebble's efforts. :-(

To catch up the mess I can host a Pictionary in September.

NB: @Eternally_His I love your minimalist tent; and for Iluvatar's sake, why Meaglin would visit Turkey?

2 hours ago, Yet another Arya ! said:

Good morning everyone, this is the first time I turn on my computer since last Tuesday and I apologize for my absence. I went hikking again and when I came back to see my parents on Friday evening, it turned out there were relatives at home for several days, it became a family meeting bigger and longer than expected, and now I'm taking care of my nieces until Friday. You know everything about my life now...

I should have took the time to tell @Pebble thats Stubby but caught in the middle of the "family storm" I totally forgot.

Again I'm really sorry for having ended the game and ruined Pebble's efforts. :-(

To catch up the mess I can host a Pictionary in September.

NB: @Eternally_His I love your minimalist tent; and for Iluvatar's sake, why Meaglin would visit Turkey?

Because vacation, that's why. And I thought that place was really lovely when I went there, so why not?

On 8/17/2020 at 8:27 AM, Teri said:

I’m disappointed my reference to WorldCon wasn’t recognized.

http://www.worldcon.org

Thanks! I think we have a similar approach. YAA’s are adorable and such a distinctive style. She could be a professional illustrator. So sorry she lost internet access and couldn’t make more of them this game.

Reveal hidden contents

, how can you not tell the difference between Alice in Wonderland and Cinderella??? Especially when Jez drew such a perfect Disney Alice? 

Disney Alice

Disney Cinderella

I've only had boys at home for the past 22 years. I'm sure I knew the difference when my daughter still lived here :lol:

I should have said "San Jose" instead of worldcon. Or mentioned sleeping on  your couch when my flights were cancelled :love:

33 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I should have said "San Jose" instead of worldcon. Or mentioned sleeping on  your couch when my flights were cancelled :love:

Oh, saying WorldCon is fine. How could you know who would get your sentence? I was just kind of proud of how I illustrated "on my way to WorldCon" in a way that wasn't specific to any year or location (a bit of a challenge, that.) But I guess I overestimated the likelihood that most game players would be familiar with the WorldCon web site and with the BwB logo. The board is less involved with the BwB than it used to be.

Buckwheat wants to hear your story, though.

On 8/16/2020 at 2:01 PM, Buckwheat said:

Also please, whoever lost their credit card on the way to World Con, tell this story! ;)

(Btw, that odd formatting in my comment, with the empty spoiler, is because I first wrote "Lany" without any special formatting, then after posting decided to edit my comment to turn it into a tag. But I'm not familiar with the board formatting conventions any more, and accidentally made it hidden instead. So I tried to edit again, but the second time I entered Edit, all the text was gone in the edit screen EXCEPT the spoiler tag. Not wanting to lose everything, I just cancelled the edit and let it stand.)

16 minutes ago, Teri said:

Oh, saying WorldCon is fine. How could you know who would get your sentence? I was just kind of proud of how I illustrated "on my way to WorldCon" in a way that wasn't specific to any year or location (a bit of a challenge, that.) But I guess I overestimated the likelihood that most game players would be familiar with the WorldCon web site and with the BwB logo. The board is less involved with the BwB than it used to be.

Buckwheat wants to hear your story, though.

(Btw, that odd formatting in my comment, with the empty spoiler, is because I first wrote "Lany" without any special formatting, then after posting decided to edit my comment to turn it into a tag. But I'm not familiar with the board formatting conventions any more, and accidentally made it hidden instead. So I tried to edit again, but the second time I entered Edit, all the text was gone in the edit screen EXCEPT the spoiler tag. Not wanting to lose everything, I just cancelled the edit and let it stand.)

When trying to tag people use   @  

Two years ago, I went to worldcon in San Jose, and on the way, I went to Oregon to visit my mother. I rented a car there, and had to fill the tank before I returned it. Oregon is one of the states where you are not allowed to pump your own gas, so I gave my credit card to the attendant.  I returned the car, missed my flight to California, got the car back and ended up driving there. (I believe it was the gas station attendant who stole my card info)

Now, I try to be safe, so I didn't bring my debit card, just one credit card with a $5000 limit, of which I had only used $200 for the car. When I got to San Jose, I picked up Jay at the airport and we went to check into our hotel, but my credit card was declined. In the 6 or so hours it had taken me to drive to San Jose, all my money had been spent.

I couldn't get a new card sent to me, because I wasn't home. Jay covered the hotel (and I paid him back after I got home). I had my husband wire me money for food (he didn't have access to my account, so could only send me a small amount)

When it came time to go home, I got to the airport and my flight was cancelled due to weather in the mid-west (I live clear on the east coast). I had to call my boss and get an extra day off work. I went back to the hotel and hung out all day, and then Teri picked me up and let me stay the night on her couch since I couldn't afford a night in the hotel

But the BWB are the absolute best, and I still had a good time, in spite of all the difficulties I had 

10 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks. That sounds ... very eventful. :D I hope you somehow got the money back from insurance or wherever and that the thief was punished.

I got all the money back, but have no idea if anyone was punished or not, and I guess that's ok :) 

I didn't even mention the fires near my mom's house (huge wild fires), how I nearly had a terrible "stomach" explosion while driving in the middle of no where, my mom's living conditions (especially the bathroom situation - which like caused the fore-mentioned problem - tiny trailer where you can't put TP in the toilet, so I couldn't "go" there and would make excuses to go into town every day)

It was all one huge ball of excitement 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived