Sign in to follow this  
TheLastWolf

Arya Stark: Mindless Psycho Killer or Righteous Avenger?

8 hours ago, Azarial said:

Yeah, but you weren't one of the ones comparing her to Ramsey.

Oh there are a lot of them silently watching BTW

To be honest,I love most of the characters and I would lie if I would say I don't fear for her.I do fear for every one of them.Arya,Jon,Dany,Sansa,Bran,they all are not in a quite happy place right now and things are about to blow up.Her comparizon to Ramsay didn't even cross my mind.Like others said,she still retains her identity.Her scene holding on to Needle made me tear up.I do see her realising that revenge isn't a good path.Some pointed out that Lady Stoneheard will make her see that.

I always find laughable when people feel the need to trash characters just to boost others.I'm sure Martin does not pick sides so what's the point?:dunno::lol:

Edited by Oana Becherescu

On 9/22/2020 at 11:49 PM, TheLastWolf said:

What a surprise! Coming from someone named Bowen. 

Blah blah blah

Well Bowen finding someone to be terrible for being a compassionate reasonable person instead of pandering to a specific group of people is consistent with the character :rofl:

On 9/23/2020 at 9:08 AM, Dracul's Daughter said:

To be honest,I love most of the characters

I always find laughable when people feel the need to trash characters just to boost others.I'm sure Martin does not pick sides so what's the point?:dunno::lol:

:agree:We all have characters that we are drawn to more than others, but people can enjoy characters even if they aren't the 'hero' or their 'favorite.' I find Cersei's decent highly entertaining for example, but no one would claim she's a hero, or someone to cheer for. And there are clues for the fates of characters hidden in other characters chapters, so if you skim, or read with a character bias you miss so much. But, to each their own I guess, though I don't understand it.

As for Arya, I think she craves justice and safety for the small folk, her family and her friends more than revenge. If she craved revenge she wouldn't have forgiven the Hound. Most of her list are people that have wronged those who couldn't defend themselves for various reasons. The ones that harmed her directly were dealt with by Jaqen as she felt personally threatened and in in danger from them, and she didn't target those who could be considered revenge for her family. I think this is often overlooked when evaluating her actions.

I liked the Cersei as an interesting read in the books. Lena changed the character a lot, or was directed to. Maisie seems like a lot of fun in real life with some of her pranks. I think it comes across in the show as weirdly fun loving, but I can still enjoy it, even with short strange scenes meant to highlight her “progress”.

3 hours ago, Azarial said:

:agree:We all have characters that we are drawn to more than others, but people can enjoy characters even if they aren't the 'hero' or their 'favorite.' I find Cersei's decent highly entertaining for example, but no one would claim she's a hero, or someone to cheer for. And there are clues for the fates of characters hidden in other characters chapters, so if you skim, or read with a character bias you miss so much. But, to each their own I guess, though I don't understand it.

As for Arya, I think she craves justice and safety for the small folk, her family and her friends more than revenge. If she craved revenge she wouldn't have forgiven the Hound. Most of her list are people that have wronged those who couldn't defend themselves for various reasons. The ones that harmed her directly were dealt with by Jaqen as she felt personally threatened and in in danger from them, and she didn't target those who could be considered revenge for her family. I think this is often overlooked when evaluating her actions.

I also found Cersei's chapters interesting and althou many (including me) won't cheer for her,I couldn't help but feel sorry on her walk of shame.Her constantly thinking "Just one more step and I'll be with Tommen" was pretty sad.
I doubt any of those criticizing Arya would cry for those that she or Jaquen in Harrenhal killed.

Edited by Dracul's Daughter