U.S. Politics: End Testing, Make Schools Safe Again!

Jace, Extat

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Must be a regional thing. 

Unless you both know the same Jack, and he gives you pizza. 

I suspect there's probably at least a dozen "Jack Pizza's" throughout the country.

Not saying it'll make a difference, but I think it's really plausible that something about Hunter Biden gets leaked in late October. It may not even be remotely true, to say nothing of something that merely stretches the truth, but I think the Trump campaign will go back to that well one more time.

Overall I agree with DMC though, I don't think there's anything left that can alter the fundamentals of the race; other than a health crisis for either candidate. The questions are entirely what does turnout look like (relatedly, how many states can't handle the surge of absentee votes) and whether Trump attempts anything unconstitutional.

When Jack's Pizza is mentioned, this is what is most likely being discussed.  It is cheap, frozen pizza that you can probably find a deal somewhere and buy it the the bushel.  

(ETA:  It is usually carried by most major grocery stores and....Walmart.)

37 minutes ago, DMC said:

I used to order from a Jack's pizza down the block.

As we're wont to say in these parts, shut the front door. Jack's is actually something you can order from? I just remember being a kid and my mom would buy a ton of them from the grocery store. They weren't great, but when you had friends over and the parental unit didn't get home until late, you got what you got until you had some level of autonomy. 

27 minutes ago, Fez said:

Not saying it'll make a difference, but I think it's really plausible that something about Hunter Biden gets leaked in late October. It may not even be remotely true, to say nothing of something that merely stretches the truth, but I think the Trump campaign will go back to that well one more time.

Overall I agree with DMC though, I don't think there's anything left that can alter the fundamentals of the race; other than a health crisis for either candidate. The questions are entirely what does turnout look like (relatedly, how many states can't handle the surge of absentee votes) and whether Trump attempts anything unconstitutional.

At this point the only thing that matters is the legitimacy of the vote. Biden should easily win a fair and free election. Getting one is far more daunting.

22 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

(ETA:  It is usually carried by most major grocery stores and....Walmart.)

In their defense, Walmart does at least have cheap condoms. 

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jack's is actually something you can order from? I just remember being a kid and my mom would buy a ton of them from the grocery store.

The Jack's that I ordered from was a local place that had no affiliation to the frozen pizza brand.

I just saw some report from field workers for the Biden campaign in Florida claiming he was 'suppressing the Hispanic vote' - by which I think they meant he had no plan to engage them. Dont know if its something or nothing, but this is the sort of stuff that needs to be addressed now before it becomes a 'real' issue.

39 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I just saw some report from field workers for the Biden campaign in Florida claiming he was 'suppressing the Hispanic vote' - by which I think they meant he had no plan to engage them. Dont know if its something or nothing, but this is the sort of stuff that needs to be addressed now before it becomes a 'real' issue.

You're right. They should be shot in the back of the neck for spreading defeatist lies, their families denied party support and interrogated closely. 

There are no liberal detractors of Biden, only traitors.

This is the test. Is it a budgie or a parakeet? :)))

Here is a chance to triple your primary vote. We got late primary ballots. I’m voting for Patty Murray, Jay Inslee, and undisclosed. Last time I voted for a butt head after reading the burbs. Who else do you like?. Female is a tie breaker, but not essential. Flip a coin. It’s almost too late. November is secures day as I’m getting an early ballot. I phoned to get this.

Gotta love how Jason Miller, Laura Ingraham, The Daily Wire, the Free Beacon, and other right-wing hacks/venues boosting the article which wildly misuses "suppression" and basically amounts to internal disagreements about resources and how best to use them. I don't know who wrote it or why they thought that particular language was a good idea, but given some other quoted text, I've a suspicion.

Yeah, I dont think internal campaign struggles have all that much effect on the fundamentals or the final vote tally, but they do have secondary effects on morale, enthusiasm for GOTV and other field work. Might have an effect at the margins if the margin in Florida does tighten up.

For now, polling still shows a comfortable lead for Biden, including Florida. Trump's 'law and order' strategy is going nowhere (just like 2018 with the caravan situation)

2 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

This is the test. Is it a budgie or a parakeet? :)))

Here is a chance to triple your primary vote. We got late primary ballots. I’m voting for Patty Murray, Jay Inslee, and undisclosed. Last time I voted for a butt head after reading the burbs. Who else do you like?. Female is a tie breaker, but not essential. Flip a coin. It’s almost too late. November is secures day as I’m getting an early ballot. I phoned to get this.

Uhhhh, what?

Just now, Triskele said:

It's interesting that if I understand the latest polling correctly Biden is having this polling success despite running behind where Hillary ended up with Black and Hispanic voters.  Long way to go and all of that, but it's remarkable to me to consider that a Dem could potentially crush a Republican with those two voting blocks if we must separate them out that way being down.   

I bet it is down to the fact that he is doing much better with old folks than the average Democrat.

27 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Another entry in the overarching question category -- what is wrong with these people????????

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-couple-swastika-masks-minnesota-walmart-20200726-77lb7usphfadncrbsneemgc4ty-story.html

What's wrong with them is that society preaches tolerance but you've proven how intolerant you are by not tolerating their intolerance.

It makes sense if you were born without brain tissue.

26 minutes ago, Triskele said:

It's interesting that if I understand the latest polling correctly Biden is having this polling success despite running behind where Hillary ended up with Black and Hispanic voters.  Long way to go and all of that, but it's remarkable to me to consider that a Dem could potentially crush a Republican with those two voting blocks if we must separate them out that way being down.   

A safey safe white man at the top of the ticket keeps actual voters calm, convinced of their impending safety? It's almost like everyone who knew something about politics could have seen this coming. And folks who thought children would win the day were... Not correct.

19 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

I bet it is down to the fact that he is doing much better with old folks than the average Democrat.

Partial credit. Add 'white' somewhere in your answer (perhaps before 'folks') for complete credit.

Scroll down from the introductory comments to the meat of how we, the USA, could knock out covid-19 too.

But, alas, as you know, we here in the US cannot because we haz nazis who hate masks.

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

Scroll down from the introductory comments to the meat of how we, the USA, could knock out covid-19 too.

But, alas, as you know, we here in the US cannot because we haz nazis who hate masks.

What is important here is to maximize the quarterly earnings report. After that it doesn't matter, as long as the stock buybacks go through then the elites can offshore the money and say fuck off to the rest of us.

Apparently the goal of the administration was to achieve 1,000 American deaths per day, as we just reached this benchmark we just achieved.. If that wasn't the goal, I have no idea what they are doing, as they are just standing their with dick in their hands while Americans die. Trump should not be trusted to run a frozen yogurt stand. Even putting him in charge of the life of a single house cat would be too much responsibility for this idiot.

Trump's team dodges virus blame while jobless benefit cuts loom

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/27/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-economy-unemployment-congress-testing/index.html

(CNN)President Donald Trump's top aides are stepping up blame-game tactics against the states, saying coronavirus testing problems and rising cases are not his fault as they try to counter new polls suggesting that his leadership failings could cost him reelection.

The move comes as Republicans on Capitol Hill haggle over a measure that would replace, with smaller benefits, $600 a week in federal aid to millions of workers that has already paid out for the last time, even as out-of-control virus spikes cause some states to slow or reverse opening plans.
The new administration drive to absolve Trump of responsibility and to speed up economic activity by encouraging people to go back to work follow the President's previously misjudged gamble to goad states that are now suffering terribly from the pandemic to open before they had properly suppressed the virus. It also coincides with his demands that all schools open while ignoring concerns of parents and teachers.
With many states complaining that delays in processing coronavirus tests are making it impossible to check the spread of the disease, the administration claimed again on Sunday that its "Manhattan Project" on testing is sufficient.

"We have enough tests right now, if we use them in the right way, to achieve the goals that we need to achieve," Adm. Brett Giroir, the administration's testing czar said on CNN's "State of the Union."

Archived