Is Daenerys Going To Marry Euron Greyjoy?

Targknight

I Don't believe Euron is hoping to win over Dany or anything, I think it's dragon theft, kidnapping and forced marriage that he plans to do. I also don't believe Dany would be okay with someone using a magic equipment to force their dragons who are like their children to be submissive, they will be enemies. 

Only in Euron's dreams.

Plus, we've got Victarion Greyjoy sailing towards Meereen, and thinking that HE will marry Queen D, instead of bringing her back for his big brother to marry (then despoil, then probably kill -- see the new Aeron chapter. And if Victarion is stupid enough to bring his brother a dragon -- maybe Moqorro will convince him not to).

Moreover, Daenerys isn't there, nowhere near Slaver's Bay, and we don't know what's going to happen on the Dothraki Sea (where Victarion's ships will never sail), with her and Drogon Together Again and Khal Pono's khalazar approaching.

Lots of distance and time for things to go wrong with Euron's cunning plan.

2 hours ago, zandru said:

And if Victarion is stupid enough to bring his brother a dragon -- maybe Moqorro will convince him not to).

or it may be that he did not claim the horn in the right way, and the dragon meets the owner of the horn, who would still be Euron.

They will definitely be lovers and allies, if they marry or not I'm not sure. They will then fall out and become bitter enemies.

Jon and Dany will have a child together but not a romantic relationship.

No.

Victarion I can see. But Euron?

No way; there's absolutely no way that Daenerys would ever marry someone like Euron. Euron is a rapist, a slaver and a sorcerer. All three things make him a natural enemy of Dany without even factoring in Euron's personality. Euron doesn't even care the slightest bit for his own children -- bastard or not. Dany is not going to like that at all.

Tyrion, Marwyn, Victarion and Moqorro are going to meet Dany first anyways and not a single one of them will have anything positive to say about Euron.

Daenerys has no reason to marry Euron.  Their goals are completely opposite of one another.  If it happens, it will be because she had no choice.  Like mind control stuff.  If that is the case, then we really cannot hold her accountable.  There is no sin, no crime, if the person had no choice.  

I’d assume Victarion would paint an accurately horrible picture of Euron so I doubt it. You never know though   Euron gives of some Dario vibes and maybe his mysticism side attracts Dany. If they were to marry I’d fear a Hornwood situation

19 minutes ago, Davjos said:

I’d assume Victarion would paint an accurately horrible picture of Euron so I doubt it. You never know though   Euron gives of some Dario vibes and maybe his mysticism side attracts Dany. If they were to marry I’d fear a Hornwood situation

Dany is too smart, too resourceful and too powerful to become another Lady Hornwood.

When life gives you petrified dragon eggs....

Dany ain't sucking anyone's dick unless she wants to..........

And Euron may make it to her list when  90% of men and women along with some animals as well, are unavailable in Planetos......

The Undying said that Dany will marry three times. ACOK, Dany IV - "three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . .", to bed with Drogo, to dread with Hizdahr, and to love with Jon Snow.

With each new marriage Dany had more and more freedom of choice. In case with Drogo - no one even asked her whether she agrees to marry with him. In case with Hizdahr - she would have preferred to stay with Daario, but in the end she decided to marry with him, to save her people, to stop the Sons of the Harpy from killing them. She becomes less and less tractable. At the time of her first wedding, she had no dragons; at the time of her second wedding, her dragons were still little (Viserion and Rhaegal, while Drogon escaped), but even then she secretly wished that Daario will snatch her away and she won't have to marry with Hizdahr; and now she has Drogon, and he steadily grows every day (unlike her other two baby-dragons).

Thus, I think that if she will ever marry again, then this time it will be out of love. And thanks to Drogon, no one ever again will be able to force or manipulate her into unwanted marriage, or to do anything at all that she wouldn't want.

The only Queen, with whom Euron has a chance, is Cersei.

Not likely. If he really planned on marrying Dany, he wouldn't have sent Victarion. If I recall correctly the dragon horn said it had runes of power to bind a dragon to the horn's owner. Victarion thinks that is him, but it's quite likely that if the horn is legit it'll bind the dragon to Euron. As Victarion said, Euron's gifts are poison.

Euron and Dany looks like it is going to be great, up there with Tyrion and Sansa for all the fandom tears it is going to bring.

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly. A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

Horses are to Drogo as the Wall is to Jon as ships are to . . . Euron!!!

Beneath her coverlets she tossed and turned, dreaming that Hizdahr was kissing her … but his lips were blue and bruised, and when he thrust himself inside her, his manhood was cold as ice.

Euron is the only character in the text to be described as having both blue and bruised lips.

"King Crow's Eye, brother." Euron smiled. His lips looked very dark in the lamplight, bruised and blue.

Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. 

Euron is the Mark Antony of Westeros. Daario is the proto-type Euron. (As Falia Flowers is proto-type Dany). It is for Euron that GRRM writes passages like this.

Prince Quentyn was listening intently, at least. That one is his father's son. Short and stocky, plain-faced, he seemed a decent lad, sober, sensible, dutiful … but not the sort to make a young girl's heart beat faster. And Daenerys Targaryen, whatever else she might be, was still a young girl, as she herself would claim when it pleased her to play the innocent. Like all good queens she put her people first—else she would never have wed Hizdahr zo Loraq—but the girl in her still yearned for poetry, passion, and laughter. She wants fire, and Dorne sent her mud.

You could make a poultice out of mud to cool a fever. You could plant seeds in mud and grow a crop to feed your children. Mud would nourish you, where fire would only consume you, but fools and children and young girls would choose fire every time.

Euron and Dany is coming, it can't really be more flagged. He's going to win her attention, affection, get what he needs from her, betray her and leave her desperate and near broken.

She will eventually overcome him but that's not until the very end game.

On 7/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, chrisdaw said:

They will definitely be lovers and allies, if they marry or not I'm not sure. They will then fall out and become bitter enemies.

Jon and Dany will have a child together but not a romantic relationship.

Idk about that, she probably has a kid with YG or something. Shipping Jon and Dany is not something I ship, because Dany will have no reason to go mooning after some bastard in the North. Plus a marriage to YG will help her gain alliances and he’s in the position to marry her at any rate.

No.  Victarion is like Lord Flasheart in Blackadder.

He'll march up to Daenerys, grab her breasts, and proclaim "firm and fruity your Grace, just the way I like them.  Let's do.......it". Then, they'll marry.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:36 PM, TedBear said:

I Don't believe Euron is hoping to win over Dany or anything, I think it's dragon theft, kidnapping and forced marriage that he plans to do. I also don't believe Dany would be okay with someone using a magic equipment to force their dragons who are like their children to be submissive, they will be enemies. 

I actually don't think he had anything of that sort in mind. He wants a true queen as a consort, one worthy to bear his trueborn sons, as he told Victarion. With him not going to Slaver's Bay in person things look somewhat weird considering that Vic could neither hope to marry Dany himself nor ask for her hand in Euron's name.

But if Euron had gone himself we would have likely seen some proper courtship and his chances at that front wouldn't have been bad. He is an older man, dangerous and rogueish, with great diplomatic skills who can play nice. And both Dragonbinder and his huge fleet would have been things Dany couldn't ignore.

But with him not going ... that ship has sailed, so to speak. I'd be surprised if Dany and Euron actually met in person during the series aside from a clash in battle. I don't think she will ever bother to talk to this freak in person.

One can imagine scenarios how they could end up together, but we can also imagine Stannis and Dany getting together and having a love child, or how it would make sense for Cersei to marry Doran Martell. But at this point it makes no sense to entertain such ideas.

Archived