Football: Calling Dr. Rashford. European Cup, transfer shenanigans

Our games against Wolves tend to be attritional and the only real threat Wolves pose against us is Traore on the break while we control possession without creating a great deal. I'd still have fancied our chances much more against Wolves though. Sevilla's pressing is relentless and we really struggle against that type of opposition. We struggled against Southampton's pressing so I expect we will be in some deep shit against a vastly superior side that presses better as well. There's going to be a lot of dodgy moments with us ponderously playing out of the back while Sevilla players swarm us. Really our best bet is to adopt the tactics we use against City. 

Yeah, Atalanta needed to score first to make this interesting. I don't see them keeping a clean sheet though. They are a free scoring team so could get themselves another goal but they do leave themselves wide open in defence. That's why they are a fun watch for a neutral. 

10 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Neymar shitting the bed in the first couple of minutes was fairly entertaining, in fairness.

he should have buried the first one for certain. the second two he fluffed were a bit more challenging, but he still should have done better.

he felt he was too good to be a cast member of messi's barca. welp.

7 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

he should have buried the first one for certain. the second two he fluffed were a bit more challenging, but he still should have done better.

he felt he was too good to be a cast member of messi's barca. welp.

Yeah, the crossing chance wasn't really his fault - Icardi was hiding behind the defender so there was no pass on, but he's just missed another chance while I've been typing this post. Perhaps he just wants a longer summer holiday?

1 minute ago, Soylent Brown said:

Yeah, the crossing chance wasn't really his fault - Icardi was hiding behind the defender so there was no pass on, but he's just missed another chance while I've been typing this post. Perhaps he just wants a longer summer holiday?

really aside from the finishing he has been pretty electric i have to say. 

if he keeps this level of intensity up when Mbappe comes on things will get very interesting. 

speaking of Mbappe how sad must he be he won't be able to make his dream transfer to Newcastle this summer?

No doubt this will be the kiss of death, but one area where Atalanta at least look comfortable is in the air. I don't think PSG have gotten near a header at either end so far.

But, yeah, they've been leaving a lot of space for Neymar. You've got to expect Mbappe will get half an hour at some point, so they might want to review how they're set up.

Hmm, despite being in front I don't think the way this game is going is looking great for Atalanta. The way most people seemed to think they had a chance was PSG's midfield wilting in the face of their pressing and that doesn't seem to be happening. 

1 minute ago, MercenaryChef said:

really aside from the finishing he has been pretty electric i have to say. 

if he keeps this level of intensity up when Mbappe comes on things will get very interesting. 

speaking of Mbappe how sad must he be he won't be able to make his dream transfer to Newcastle this summer?

He's just a young lad, Chef, he can afford to wait another year, tough though it may be for him to accept.

German International Luca Waldschmidt is also on his way to Benfica.

At first I was amused that a Portugese club would be on the transfer market, as they are usually not that rich. Then I remembered they sold Joao Felix last year.

Also, funny how Choupo-Moting was the matchwinner for PSG, and not Neymar or Mbappe.

Archived