Football: Calling Dr. Rashford. European Cup, transfer shenanigans

Probably the only Inter fan here, gutted we lost against Sevilla.

We were worse and deservedly lost though. Sevilla simply played their thing from minute one while Inter produced some good chances only from counters and set pieces.

Conte is a very rigid and limited coach. He just waited to make three subs after the Lukaku autogoal for 3-2 in 75'. What are they gonna do at that point, when rest of the team is mentally broken you expect three subs to pull miracles from their arses.

Ridiculous imo, instead of being proactive and try to mix things up while 2-2 and Sevilla starting to look fatigued somewhere around 55'-60' dude was probably hoping to end it 2-2 and going for another 30 minutes. Cannot really fathom what he tried to do tonight.

All in all, good season after some shitshow for 9 years, at least we were put on the map again and were relevant. Would take second in league and loss in a European final rather than being 4th in Italy and totally invisible in Europe tbh.

Problem is, Conte is so hot headed and volatile, he might quit and leave Inter in shambles again like Mourinho did in 2010 right after we won the Treble. And the season starts in a month. New coach, new tactics, that's just something that needs time and there is no time. 

On 8/18/2020 at 9:33 PM, Consigliere said:

Hopefully Bayern don't fuck up tomorrow. They are the only ones that can stop fucking PSG. 

Well yeah, that's how finals work. 

As a Newcastle supporter I'm bored and couldnt give a shit anymore about the takeover saga. I cant even imagine how bored everyone else is with it rumbling on.

20 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Shit, the football thread is moving slow at the minute.

There's two threads. This one was probably supposed to be locked. I see some posts from last night/morning in here but those of us commenting during last night's match were using the other thread. 

17 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Problem is, Conte is so hot headed and volatile, he might quit and leave Inter in shambles again like Mourinho did in 2010 right after we won the Treble. And the season starts in a month. New coach, new tactics, that's just something that needs time and there is no time. 

Conte is a nutter. Check the comments he made after the game.

Agresti is also reporting just now that Conte could very well leave. Reports are that Allegri is favourite to take over should that happen. A big problem though would be Conte's compensation. Reportedly he earns €12m/year net and still has two more years on his contract. I really don't understand why Conte is so upset. It seems to me that Marotta and Ausilio have bent over backwards to back him in revamping the squad.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Conte is a nutter. Check the comments he made after the game.

Agresti is also reporting just now that Conte could very well leave. Reports are that Allegri is favourite to take over should that happen. A big problem though would be Conte's compensation. Reportedly he earns €12m/year net and still has two more years on his contract. I really don't understand why Conte is so upset. It seems to me that Marotta and Ausilio have bent over backwards to back him in revamping the squad.

Yeah I watched his press and other statements. 

If he leaves himself, he is not entitled to any money at all. Inter won't sack him because they'll have to pay him 24 m, while still having Spaletti on the payroll till summer 2021.

I don't understand him, either. He got all the players that were possible to get and frankly he did a good job overall this season. He makes it look much worse, while in reality it is not that bad at all. The players still like him and management was satisfied with him until the rant in Bergamo post - win against Atalanta. That came out of nowhere and in a very bad moment. 

Archived