Football: Calling Dr. Rashford. European Cup, transfer shenanigans

6 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Messi disappeared in another big CL game. Barely heard his name mentioned all game. At least Suarez has still been trying but it seems Messi just checked out of this game.

Well he's a no longer particularly mobile 10 whose midfield was getting absolutely rinsed, it's not that much of a surprise he's not going to feature too much. On top of that I expect Bayern's defensive game plan was basically 'don't let them get the ball to Messi in space'.

4 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Well he's a no longer particularly mobile 10 whose midfield was getting absolutely rinsed, it's not that much of a surprise he's not going to feature too much. On top of that I expect Bayern's defensive game plan was basically 'don't let them get the ball to Messi in space'.

But Suarez was still making an effort even though there was little service. Messi just checked out after a while. Probably fed up of carrying Barca like he has been doing for Argentina but still not a great look. 

2 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Messi just checked out after a while. Probably fed up of carrying Barca like he has been doing for Argentina but still not a great look. 

I maintain a strong suspicion (and I know I'm not alone) that a huge portion of the reason Messi has to carry Barca is that Messi throws behind-the-scenes shitfits if a manager tries to mould a team that doesn't center play through Messi, so I don't think he can really complain about that.

12 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

But Suarez was still making an effort even though there was little service. Messi just checked out after a while. Probably fed up of carrying Barca like he has been doing for Argentina but still not a great look. 

He wants to run the show tho. We've seen this with our own eyes with Argentina and various reports say the same about the club. So he is a part of the problem I think. 

You can just see Messi has fallen out of love with the club. You hear rumours he is constantly complaining about the way things are being run.

His face at the end was a sort of ‘what am I doing here’ kind of face. He has to take responsibility for this result as much as anyone though. 

Mostly i saw him attempt something, it didn’t work, he looked annoyed. By the end he wasn’t even trying. 

Bayern were terrifying however.. even without some awful Barca defending.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I maintain a strong suspicion (and I know I'm not alone) that a huge portion of the reason Messi has to carry Barca is that Messi throws behind-the-scenes shitfits if a manager tries to mould a team that doesn't center play through Messi, so I don't think he can really complain about that.

when you are arguably the greatest to ever play the sport you can do those things. 

Archived