Football: Calling Dr. Rashford. European Cup, transfer shenanigans

Have you been blowing bubbles again, or where did this vision come from?

I shall refer you to scripture, with the Prophecy of Elijah

It is known, that West Ham shall be taken over by the Saudis, and Millwall shall in return be picked up by Mullahs of Teheran. And thus those rivals shall be engaged in their eternal battles in the Green Street. It is known.

Those Nike kits are pretty blah.  They aren't offensive like mid-90s Adidas, but they aren't great.

eg. 90s Green Glory

LFC has had some really terrific shirts from Umbro and Adidas in the 80s, and I thought the Warrior stuff recently was very good as well, so the bland Nike gear is just not to my taste.

But at least they aren't Under Armour.  A couple of years ago the school where I coach did a deal with Under Armour to supply all our kit for all sports, and it was a disaster.  The stuff featured low quality materials and was designed by the taste-impaired.  Our basketball stuff looked like the designers were purposely seeking to achieve the ugliest possible outcomes.

So bland can be a blessing, after all.  

Arsenal worth the lead. Apart from the opening 15 minutes or so, Arsenal have looked the more threatening. Pulisic going off injured has hurt Chelsea's attack big time - he looked dangerous every time he got the ball.

32 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

And what a mistake from Azpi leading to the equalizer (shouldn't it have been a red?). 

Nah.  The triple punishment rule was changed years ago. I don't think that was a case where you could say with certainty that Azpi made no genuine attempt to win the ball so a yellow card + penalty was the correct decision.

Kovacic sending off has probably killed the game. It was a poor decision as well imo. 

Auba's finish man, I think everyone thought he would sidefoot that but to shift it over and chip it with his weaker foot is elite. If he goes, fair enough. Hope he stays though.

Tierney excellent again. Bit worried about Holding.

Archived