Jon Snow

Near the end of the book "A Dance with Dragons", Jon Snow is stabbed, apparently fatally. But I have read much talk about him surviving, and about Melisandre reviving him, and about his deeds after that time - as a living man, not as a wight.  What happens to him? What is planned to happen to him?

4 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

We don't know anything until mr Martin will publish next ASoIaF book year 2024.

I agree.  We simply do not know.   I predict this.  Jon will become an ice wight.  Though that is only a prediction.  

52 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree.  We simply do not know.   I predict this.  Jon will become an ice wight.  Though that is only a prediction.  

If so, perhaps a wight but keeps his human mind and is not bound to the Night King. (Similar happened in Doctor Who once : Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart became a Cyberman but kept his human personality and will and freedom and loyalty.) Or else the stab injury is not fatal. In any case, we are left with an annoying "cliffhanger between seasons", like in Star Trek when Captain Picard is left as a prisoner of the Borg between seasons.

6 hours ago, Anthony Appleyard said:

If so, perhaps a wight but keeps his human mind and is not bound to the Night King. (Similar happened in Doctor Who once : Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart became a Cyberman but kept his human personality and will and freedom and loyalty.) Or else the stab injury is not fatal. In any case, we are left with an annoying "cliffhanger between seasons", like in Star Trek when Captain Picard is left as a prisoner of the Borg between seasons.

Hmm that seems interesting, if that does become true then I think Coldhands could be Benjen Stark and just like your prediction keeps his mind.

Also loved that reference to Dr Who, I'm a huge fan of the show and started watching the classics like a month ago.

4 hours ago, -Daenerys- said:

Although I wish Jon hadn’t been killed at all, I agree - I don’t like the idea that just about anyone can be resurrected. 

George has already gone down that road with Beric and Catelyn.  The White Walkers brought back Weymar Royce.  It just seems like it has been used too much.  We expect everybody who dies to rise again.  

Archived