MLB 2020: Enjoy It While It Lasts, I Guess

Myshkin

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/basebaCOCK-ASSsional/cardinal-beat/sources-renewed-concern-grips-cardinals-with-new-positive-test-postponed-game-vs-cubs/article_3186365c-83d2-569d-9636-c75e54a1f738.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Current feelings on my team robbing my of my single favorite thing to watch in sports, the Cubs Cards rivalry games.

Spoiler

SON OF A BITCH GOD DAMNIT SHIT FUCKIN COCK-ASS

My poor elderly parents, whose house I am over at to mow the lawn, had to hear their normally-exceptionally-polite son utter just about that verbatim. 

Really happy to see Judge back to an MVP level.  Of course, still too soon to know if it's not just a hot streak.  Hope benching him in the sixth last night truly was just to give him rest, but it's hard not to be concerned given recent history.

I don't think it's possible, no. I don't think it's going to matter, though. The Cardinals haven't played a game in 18 days before this weeken's presumptive White Sox series. Even if we come back and play 9 or 10 games a week, the guys are going to be unprepared, and then rapidly burn themselves out. I would be shocked if the Cardinals manage a .400 record upon returning.

I quite literally have never been so sad about the team I root for in my life. At least in the 90s when they were terrible, I could go for 2 dollars on student night and goof off. I don't even check the scoreboard these days, which would have been unthinkable since I was about six years old. I think I made a terrible mistake allowing myself to get emotionally invested in baseball finally coming back to give me some joy during this miserable year.

edit: Just saw that Ryan Helsley stated that he received a haircut at a St Louis salon on Thursday. He reported developing symptoms that very day. The fact that this turd is out getting a god damn haircut as his team's season is under threat due to his roommate and other teammates is just absurd. What. The. Fuck. No punishments? Why doesnt my entire god damn team just go to a cough judging party with each other down in Florida?

Judge is shelved tonight and it looks like at least til the weekend due to "tightness in his lower body."  Ugh.  Not sure what that means, but whenever I have tightness in the lower body I can usually cure that pretty quick.

14 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

It's not over yet, but the Marlins blowing a 8-0 and 11-4 lead is pretty great. 

WHAT?

I turned the Twins game off when they said no one comes back from 8-0 and we went on to go 12-0 pretty quick. 

21 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

WHAT?

I turned the Twins game off when they said no one comes back from 8-0 and we went on to go 12-0 pretty quick. 

I mean, Kenta Maeda is a bad man. There was no coming back.

27 minutes ago, Week said:

I mean, Kenta Maeda is a bad man. There was no coming back.

I'm not surprised that once again we're one of top offenses, but I am surprised that the pitching has been this good. And we've got a really nice prospect who may have been called up if not for the odd season (not to mention the two bats we've got ready to go but our lineup is so nasty they can't break through. Our nine hole hitter cranked out two HRs yesterday).

Classic Giants meltdown, up 7-2 going into the 9th.

After a solo shot, A’s had a man on 1st and 1 out. Grounder to 1B and instead of simply tagging 1st for the easy out, Flores changes his mind a foot away and throws to 2nd. Everyone is safe. Piscotty grand slam a few batters later. Lose in extras. Yikes

Archived