MLB 2020: Enjoy It While It Lasts, I Guess

Myshkin

17 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Some of these are pretty funny-

I was actually at the game where Pudge threw it from home to 2nd base, pretty fitting way to do it.  Also, my buddy got to throw out the first pitch at a Tigers game, his daughter was down on the field by the back stop with him. His wife and I were in the stands. So I get myself down behind the back stop to record it and he air mailed it, so high the catcher couldn't catch it, it hit the back stop not too far from hitting his daughter. You can hear me booing him on the video. Made my day of course since we love to rip each other. 

Not close to noteworthy compared to the NBA and several MLB teams boycotting - but the Cardinals had a 3 run comeback in the bottom of the 9th that had to have been the least thrilling 3 run bottom of the 9th comeback imaginable.

I'm really happy it happened. They screwed up a bunch and deserved to lose. Then, the ugliest bottom 9th ever. A literal walk-off to win the game. Our stud rookie missed about his 9th opportunity in the clutch, looking completely overmatched against a resurgent Trevor Rosenthal. Yadi vs Rosenthal was a hilarious chat, but they never actually squared off. Has to be one of the weirdest late comebacks I can recall. Shades of our 2006 WS win, which was really exciting, except it was not actually that exciting because it was the ugliest WS I've ever seen. Then again, 2011 made up for it and more.

I keep forgetting the 7 inning thing too. That also makes Boone’s decision yesterday in game 2 to take Tanaka out after 5 shutout innings/66 pitches more ridiculous. Was there a reason for that, fellow Yankees fans? I only saw the box score.

Even if the Cardinals stop being ass in a glass, and win 30 games in a row and the World Series, I won't consider this a 'real' season. It'll probably be an exciting playoffs regardless, and I'll watch a lot. I just won't really care about it after a few years, other than some fun stories and player development.

Archived