It's time

4 hours ago, The Hoare said:

I think asoiaf will never be completed. George will probably die before finishing it

Hopefully Brandon Sanderson would be around to write those lacking books in the serie. After all he was the author who wrote last books of Wheel of Time when original author of that serie died.

So long as there continues to be creative sometimes insightful analysis and tin foil we will all be fine until we lose interest or The Winds of Winter arrive.  It's not like GRRM didn't release 2 updates saying he wasn't done but making progress.   

I remeber when TWOW would come in mid-2016

https://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html

"Nor is it likely to be finished tomorrow, or next week. Yes, there's a lot written. Hundreds of pages. Dozens of chapters. (Those 'no pages done' reports were insane, the usual garbage internet journalism that I have learned to despise). But there's also a lot still left to write. I am months away still..."

21 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Hopefully Brandon Sanderson would be around to write those lacking books in the serie. After all he was the author who wrote last books of Wheel of Time when original author of that serie died.

There's a persistent rumor that Neil Gaiman is GRRM's chosen successor. The two authors appear to be friends and Gaiman is spotted regularly in New Mexico.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:59 PM, Loose Bolt said:

Hell no.

Wheel of Time is terrible. Bland, one dimensional characters, cliche fantasy tropes followed to the book..

54 minutes ago, R2D said:

Hell no.

Wheel of Time is terrible. Bland, one dimensional characters, cliche fantasy tropes followed to the book..

You might be right. But I liked the WoT. I also like military Scifi written by authors like David Weber and Jack Campbell. In their books the script is clear. Or there are good and bad guys and in the end good people win. So I like simple books.

8 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

You might be right. But I liked the WoT. I also like military Scifi written by authors like David Weber and Jack Campbell. In their books the script is clear. Or there are good and bad guys and in the end good people win. So I like simple books.

Then how can you like ASOIAF

Archived