Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gaston de Foix

5 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Marion meanwhile is demonstrating that being a borderline alcoholic barkeep is a survival tactic in some circumstances. 

I have first-hand knowledge that this is definitely a coping mechanism, and arguably a survival tactic. Until this summer, of course, as I now consider that career over. I'll likely have to nix the borderline alcoholism in my next path.

A random shirtless German guy is offering to fight by the Marquess of Queensbury rules.  Indy kicks him in the balls to no effect and then gets slapped around.  Marion meanwhile decapitates the pilot with his own propellers which has to be one of the nastiest ways to die.  

So let me see if I'm getting this right.  Indy is getting beaten up by random shirtless German guy after deciding to engage him in unarmed combat.  Meanwhile Marion has taken control of the plane's guns and shoots the entire party of Nazis? Loving the subversive feminism.  

Shirtless German guy is the Ned Stark of this story.  He could have raised the alarm, found allies, or even tried to take control of the complicated tech around him.  But no, come hail or shine he's gonna keep practising his boxing.  It ends about as well for him as Headless Ned.  

49 minutes ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Is it weird that I'm wondering about the breeds of snakes used? I thought I spotted Indian cobras.  They are supposedly asps but it looks like too many separate breeds. 

Not a lot of asps became actors, so the casting director just took whichever snakes extras were available for the day of shooting.

Archived