Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gaston de Foix

3 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Are those movies worth watching?

Well, they are award-winning films in the same way that Harold Pinter's plays are award-winning productions.  If you want to endure tortured relationships explored in lengthy dialogues, then these are the films for you.

I will take Raiders, myself.

14 minutes ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

A month ago, I actually wrote an essay on the old chestnut that Indy doesn't affect the plot of Raiders. Hooray for sad geekery.

I like your essay, however I don't agree that the Germans wouldn't have found the Ark if Indy hadn't been in the movie.     They had already found the City of Tanis, and if they kept systematically digging they would have found the Ark.  Unfortunately for them, they found the Map Room first and got side tracked looking for the Headpiece of Ra, trying to find a short cut to take them straight to the Ark.  If they didn't get the Headpiece they would have gone back to systematically digging up the whole site and eventually found the building housing the Ark.

1 hour ago, The Marquis de Leech said:

A month ago, I actually wrote an essay on the old chestnut that Indy doesn't affect the plot of Raiders. Hooray for sad geekery.

That was a fun read. But you've made one terrible mistake.

Gaston, don't click that, massive spoiler you've yet to come across.

"They're stealing our rides":  an unintelligible phrase to any non-American and kinda rude since the elephants belonged to the guides (insofar as an elephant can belong to a human which it cannot in any moral sense) . 

I'm not sure why the scriptwriters have made Willy so unlikeable.  Comic relief? 

Archived