Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gaston de Foix

8 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

X marks the spot.  A nice little homage.  Who is the scriptwriter for this one?  

I also loved the stamp gag that follows this scene :lol:

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

And every moment from here on is now gold. Enjoy. 

The umbrella moment is my personal favourite

6 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

Loving the motorcyle with sidecar.  You don't see those around enough anymore :(

Name a more iconic motorcycle duo...

5 hours ago, Gaston de Foix said:

The umbrella.  Amazing.  

Nothing to say to this except correct

A week ago, I did a piece about music in fantasy genre and among Star Wars and Harry Potter, I put John Williams' Indiana Jones theme (original version: The Raiders March) in Top 15 most memorable fantasy movie music.

That said, I have no idea whether you talked about Williams' masterpiece (haven't read 15 pages :D ), but it has to be mentioned. 

2 hours ago, Mladen said:

A week ago, I did a piece about music in fantasy genre and among Star Wars and Harry Potter, I put John Williams' Indiana Jones theme (original version: The Raiders March) in Top 15 most memorable fantasy movie music.

That said, I have no idea whether you talked about Williams' masterpiece (haven't read 15 pages :D ), but it has to be mentioned. 

I haven't had a chance to say anything about the music although I did notice his involvement.  My quick and dirty view: the music in Star Wars was epic.  I'm not sure the same epithet can be applied to Indy, although the movie is very well scored.  

The knights of the cruciform sword are back! I want to say their headgear is a Ottoman but it's a little large and boxy. 

Interesting fact from google: Ataturk banned the Fez in Turkey because he wanted his country to be more western.  People wore Panama and bowlers instead. 

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

As a kid I always remember getting the tunes to Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Superman mixed up on a regular basis. 

Superman > Star Wars > Indiana Jones IMHO.  But I may be partial because I watched Super at a formative age.  I still can't watch the Marlon Brandon father/son speech without goosebumps.  

Archived