Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Gaston de Foix

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Indy can punch himself out of any bad situation! Well, until he can't. 

Spoilers for the 4th movie:

I hope this is how they wrote Mutt out of V. Indy just beat him to death between movies. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Spoilers for the 4th movie:

Hide contents

I hope this is how they wrote Mutt out of V. Indy just beat him to death between movies. 

I thought the unnamed character died in a tragic freak gasoline fight accident. 

2 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

How good are the mine car chase and bridge scenes? 

I absolutely love the last third of Temple. 

The action scenes are very good. 

My wife demands I let all of you know that from what she watched in the last 1/3 she's offended by its treatment of women.  

Just now, Gaston de Foix said:

The action scenes are very good. 

My wife demands I let all of you know that from what she watched in the last 1/3 she's offended by its treatment of women.  

As i said, uncomfortable to rewatch on many levels

1 hour ago, Gaston de Foix said:

And fin.  Should I do the next one? It may have to wait till tomorrow. 

Most people think The Last Crusade is the second best of the four. Watch the beginning at least, (Skip the fourth film if you don't love the character).

The Last Crusade is a nice capstone on the trilogy, and if you enjoyed the first two, then the third is pretty much a must-see film.

By the time he made this one, though, Spielberg had stopped taking chances with his films.  So it is a pleasant jaunt, with fewer live-action flayings, beheadings, propellerings, burnings, heart-wrenchings, child slavery, famine, etc.  A lot more "Hollywood" type of violence, where the gun shoots and people clutch their chests and fall over.

And Shrieking Willie is not a character, while Sean Connery is, so there is that, too.

Archived