Police: V doesn't necessarily stand for Victory

JGP

2 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

Fucking over women is aok tho

The point was to make it pithy, geez.

ETA:  Also, "people of color" obviously includes women of color.  So basically all I left out was white women.  I don't think white women are a group particularly harassed or victimized by police.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

Chill out Hannibal.  I thought it was pretty obvious that I was making that up.

No it wasn't.  Though it was obviously a deliberate dick ugly kind of post

4 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Cops in Florida arrested an 8 year old for hitting a teacher and charged him with felony battery.

The kid has special needs.

I read about this story. Three fucking cops yelling at a 60-pound special needs kid about going to jail. What tough guys. Real urban warriors. And he lashed out at the teacher because she grabbed him when he didn't listen to her yelling at him to sit down.

This country is dying from ignorance and lack of empathy.

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

ETA:  Also, "people of color" obviously includes women of color.  So basically all I left out was white women.  I don't think white women are a group particularly harassed or victimized by police.

They are quite a bit, actually, but I guess it's okay to just say fuck white women?

3 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

They are quite a bit, actually, but I guess it's okay to just say fuck white women?

Sure, in terms of sexual assault etc., but on the other end there's the Karens out there that use the police in the exact way you're complaining about.  The latter doesn't outweigh the former, of course, but white women are not subjected to the profiling and consequent ends nearly as much as women of color.  C'mon.  Seems like you're just fishing for a fight here.

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Sure, in terms of sexual assault etc., but on the other end there's the Karens out there that use the police in the exact way you're complaining about.  The latter doesn't outweigh the former, of course, but white women are not subjected to the profiling and consequent ends nearly as much as women of color.  C'mon.  Seems like you're just fishing for a fight here.

I'm really not; it's a very common thing to exclude women when people are talking about oppression. It's an example of something in the US I see constantly - that it's significantly less negative to be sexist than to be racist. And oppressing people of color does not deal with that intersectionality. neither does it deal with oppression of LGBT, which happens all the fucking time too with cops. 

It isn't enough to simply have cops not oppress people of color. That's my point. That pithy statement includes a lot of systemic issues, which is why I called it out.

15 minutes ago, Kalibear said:

And oppressing people of color does not deal with that intersectionality

It definitionally does.  I'll admit I omitted the LGBTQIA+ community, but again, you're making a mountain out of not even a molehill.  I was just trying to demonstrate how to make the sentence succinct.  If you wanna include women, and the LGBTQIA+ community at the end, of course I agree, not like I was trying to publish that line as a thesis, just responding quickly to a post.  And I'm pretty sure you know all that.  Get off your soapbox.

2 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I'm not, I as literally quoting the AP Article.  I am sorry you didn't read the source you were citing. (My bad, you didn't provide a source.  Maybe this was one of those things you heard from someone on the internet again?)  A body was discovered in the ruins of a burned down building with thermal injuries.  Someone has been charged, the cause of death has not been released.  He probably burned to death, but may not have.  Hence the devil in the details.

https://apnews.com/75d03ba2d449ba3f77f7f533fd829d5f

I didn't realize I was dealing with a pathologist.  Look up "thermal injuries" and get back with me.

ETA:  hopefully for that poor guy's sake he was choked to death in carbon monoxide first.

5 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

I didn't realize I was dealing with a pathologist.  Look up "thermal injuries" and get back with me.

ETA:  hopefully for that poor guy's sake he was choked to death in carbon monoxide first.

Yes, he could have choked, heck he could have been shot and thrown in there, who the heck knows?  There is a reason they haven't released the cause of death.  (Which again is in the source of the matter and this is even ignoring that my post acknowledge that he most like did burn to death).  It doesn't take a pathologist to read like a paragraph and a half article written at most likely a 4th grade level.

Just in tense times it is good to be precise, but you do you, so far you have gaslighted and tried to use the just joking defense.  When someone calls you out on not knowing the details you attack and gaslight again.  So, like, what is your goal, are you having a discussion, or joking around? Because right now, you kind of failing at both.

31 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Yes, he could have choked, heck he could have been shot and thrown in there, who the heck knows?  There is a reason they haven't released the cause of death.  (Which again is in the source of the matter and this is even ignoring that my post acknowledge that he most like did burn to death).  It doesn't take a pathologist to read like a paragraph and a half article written at most likely a 4th grade level.

Just in tense times it is good to be precise, but you do you, so far you have gaslighted and tried to use the just joking defense.  When someone calls you out on not knowing the details again, you attack and gaslight again.  So, like, what is your goal, are you having a discussion, or joking around? Because right now, you kind of failing at both.

Well let's see if I can think back and remember how this shit show got started.

Oh yea.  It started when I saw a post by the Great Unwashed (who I like by the way, and I have to admist TGU was quite right and I was quite wrong about whether things were getting out of hand in Texas covid related). 

I thought the post was talking about setting things on fire shouldn't be a life sentence.  And then I thought to myself, well how about that guy in Milwaukee who burned to death in the pawn shop.  Surely that should be a life sentence.  So against my better judgment I posted on a general chatter thread which I am always loathe to do for reasons that are surely now apparent.

So the Great Unwashed responded that he/she was just talking about the girl that threw paint on the DA's office.  And then I thought, well I sound pretty stupid now, let me try and make a joke about it.  So I made a post which I pretty much assumed that everyone would realize right off the bat was bull shit about someone getting covered in red paint and dying of asphyxia.  Maybe not the most tactful post I guess, but I thought it was harmless enough.

Then you asked about a source.  Surely I thought you realized I was joking and was just playing along.  But then you told me to fuck off and  accused me of helping stoke the unrest in Wisconsin.  And I thought, damn that escalated quickly.  Then I thought, this guy seems like he has a huge stick up his ass, let me see how long I can keep this discussion going.  Because I thought you would be the type that would always have the last word.  And sure enough, it looks like I'm right.  So I decided I'd keep responding to your posts and see how long it would keep on going.  

So to sum it up, basically just bored at work.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

Well let's see if I can think back and remember how this shit show got started.

Oh yea.  It started when I saw a post by the Great Unwashed (who I like by the way, and I have to admist TGU was quite right and I was quite wrong about whether things were getting out of hand in Texas covid related). 

I thought the post was talking about setting things on fire shouldn't be a life sentence.  And then I thought to myself, well how about that guy in Milwaukee who burned to death in the pawn shop.  Surely that should be a life sentence.  So against my better judgment I posted on a general chatter thread which I am always loathe to do for reasons that are surely now apparent.

So the Great Unwashed responded that he/she was just talking about the girl that threw paint on the DA's office.  And then I thought, well I sound pretty stupid now, let me try and make a joke about it.  So I made a post which I pretty much assumed that everyone would realize right off the bat was bull shit about someone getting covered in red paint and dying of asphyxia.  Maybe not the most tactful post I guess, but I thought it was harmless enough.

Then you asked about a source.  Surely I thought you realized I was joking and was just playing along.  But then you told me to fuck off and  accused me of helping stoke the unrest in Wisconsin.  And I thought, damn that escalated quickly.  Then I thought, this guy seems like he has a huge stick up his ass, let me see how long I can keep this discussion going.  Because I thought you would be the type that would always have the last word.  And sure enough, it looks like I'm right.  So I decided I'd keep responding to your posts and see how long it would keep on going.  

So to sum it up, basically just bored at work.

So why go on the attack?  Go down this path of gaslighting and stuff?  

I post stuff off the cuff while bored at work all the time.  People go hey, wait, here are some details, and I go, "Oh shit, my bad, thanks for clarifying" and then, if needed re word my point.  Like, that is okay to do, we all go there. 

Instead, your last post is....another gaslight?  Like, I am just supposed to randomly disengage in a conversation because you were embarrassed or bored or something?  I never did use the word "fuck off" which is a very different context.  Heck, like you are hardly ever post in my general chat, but it was an issue that was in my backyard.

Hey, one thing that we can agree, we are probably all here bored at work.

But, So yeah, Dante got it right.  Good talk.

Also, the crime is not arson if someone burned to death as a result. To describe it as such is a pretty dishonest attack/derail.

Your admission that you were wrong about how bad Texas has gotten - forgive me, I don't have the full context ... Did you expect fewer than the current 9k deaths? Many fewer? Seems odd to get worked up over this death as a result of arson and not as much over the 9k deaths by COVID-19 in TX (projected 27k by 12/1 (IHME projection)).

If you're going to be an asshole at least aim right.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

My white trans women friends would like to have a word.

Archived