Police: V doesn't necessarily stand for Victory

JGP

I haven't mentioned Daniel Prude's killing because I've been ashamed it happened in the city I was born and raised in, but this kinda redeems it - Naked protesters demand action after Daniel Prude’s killing:

Naked except for “spit hoods” in a reference to the killing of Daniel Prude, several protesters sat outside Rochester’s police headquarters Monday morning to push for police accountability, local news outlets reported.

Photos and video showed the demonstrators, some with “Black Lives Matter” written on their backs, sitting silently with their hands behind them, on a rain-slicked street outside the city Public Safety Building. The Democrat & Chronicle reported that after a time, the demonstrators were given blankets and left in cars.

Like the D&C credit at the end.  Read that paper every morning from the ages 10-18.

25 minutes ago, DMC said:

I haven't mentioned Daniel Prude's killing because I've been ashamed it happened in the city I was born and raised in, but this kinda redeems it - Naked protesters demand action after Daniel Prude’s killing:

Like the D&C credit at the end.  Read that paper every morning from the ages 10-18.

Yeah, that was a little fun blast from the past.  Sad it had to come with tragedy.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, DMC said:

Interesting development here: entire police command staff is resigning.

PKD accurately predicting crime in FLA:

https://projects.tampabay.com/projects/2020/investigations/police-pasco-sheriff-targeted/intelligence-led-policing/

Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco took office in 2011 with a bold plan: to create a cutting-edge intelligence program that could stop crime before it happened.

What he actually built was a system to continuously monitor and harass Pasco County residents, a Tampa Bay Times investigation has found.

First the Sheriff’s Office generates lists of people it considers likely to break the law, based on arrest histories, unspecified intelligence and arbitrary decisions by police analysts.

Then it sends deputies to find and interrogate anyone whose name appears, often without probable cause, a search warrant or evidence of a specific crime.

They swarm homes in the middle of the night, waking families and embarrassing people in front of their neighbors. They write tickets for missing mailbox numbers and overgrown grass, saddling residents with court dates and fines. They come again and again, making arrests for any reason they can.

One former deputy described the directive like this: “Make their lives miserable until they move or sue.”

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Week said:

Absolutely deplorable. Pre-emptive strike on the public -- to be massing state police forces ahead of (presumably) no charges after a murder by that same state.

Hard to see a scenario in which this isn't tipping their pitch.

Welp.

https://apnews.com/28a283922de8784f6fca5c42fe8e5bca?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky grand jury on Wednesday indicted a single former police officer for shooting into neighboring apartments but did not move forward with charges against any officers for their role in Breonna Taylor’s death.

Two police officers shot in Louisville.  Reported in stable condition, a suspect has been arrested and is in custody.  

Edit: pure speculation but you'd think if the suspect was a protestor they'd be screaming that from the rooftops, or that they would be in the morgue and not in custody.  Wouldn't be surprised if it was a white supremacist militia member / Rittenhouse type.

11 minutes ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Kentucky's AG is one of McConnell's hacks. Completely unsurprised he chose to uphold the racist status quo.

He literally spent more time bitching about celebrities and outsiders criticizing the process than he did giving his condolences to the dead. 

2 hours ago, ljkeane said:

It's not generally the theme of these threads but a police officer in the UK has been shot and killed in the UK. Pretty sad news.

2 months from retirement. I know a few people that knew him. By all accounts he was a lovely bloke. 

I still have no idea how it could have happened. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

2 months from retirement. I know a few people that knew him. By all accounts he was a lovely bloke. 

I still have no idea how it could have happened. 

Its very sad. I also don't understand how they didn't find the gun earlier and how he shot anyone with his hands cuffed.

The shame is, someone fucked up. And now they have got a death on their hands for the rest of their life. As well as probably losing their job. I keep drilling it into my staff, when we fuck up it really matters, so do what you are trained to do. They still cut corners, drives me nuts. 

Archived