Police: V doesn't necessarily stand for Victory

JGP

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The shame is, someone fucked up. And now they have got a death on their hands for the rest of their life. As well as probably losing their job. I keep drilling it into my staff, when we fuck up it really matters, so do what you are trained to do. They still cut corners, drives me nuts. 

Yep, that's what I thought. Someone fucked up, and they're trying to cover it up. 

But I still cannot fathom how any human being, other than one of those circus contortionists, could pull a gun out whilst their hands are cuffed behind their back, shoot an officer in the chest, and then critically wound himself.

Bullshit, surely?

Most assaults on police officers apparently happen at the charge bar, when thr arresting officers let their guard down, and the until-then compliant arrested person realises that this is real and they’re about to go into a cell.

Searching properly is emphasised during training. I remember a story in my initial training as a special of a suspext at the charge bar being processed, whose arresting officers claimed had been searched; he was searched again by the custody staff who found a samurai sword hidden down the inside leg of his trousers...

16 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Searching properly is emphasised during training. I remember a story in my initial training as a special of a suspext at the charge bar being processed, whose arresting officers claimed had been searched; he was searched again by the custody staff who found a samurai sword hidden down the inside leg of his trousers...

I had a PC miss a house brick when he searched suspect when I was booking him into custody.

16 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yep, that's what I thought. Someone fucked up, and they're trying to cover it up. 

But I still cannot fathom how any human being, other than one of those circus contortionists, could pull a gun out whilst their hands are cuffed behind their back, shoot an officer in the chest, and then critically wound himself.

Bullshit, surely?

I can see all of it (no matter how implausible) apart from how he shot himself. If it was in his waistband at lower back and he was cuffed rear stack, his right hand would just about be in position to get out gun, twist around and fire at someone.  That being said I've visited that custody suite at windmill road a number of times. Its state of the art, with superb CCTV everywhere.

The whole incident has definitely been captured and reviewed so I see no reason why they would lie as whatever happened will definitely come out at coroners court. 

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

The whole incident has definitely been captured and reviewed so I see no reason why they would lie as whatever happened will definitely come out at coroners court. 

The whole thing just seems off to me. I mean, dude allegedly shot himself in the neck. How the fuck is that even possible?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the cameras were 'down for essential maintenance'.

Also, lol at the 'no reason why police should lie'.

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The whole thing just seems off to me. I mean, dude allegedly shot himself in the neck. How the fuck is that even possible?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the cameras were 'down for essential maintenance'.

Also, lol at the 'no reason why police should lie'.

Unless you are alleging the police shot one of their own, in this case why would they lie? 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:52 PM, karaddin said:

I know it's just a drop in the bucket of police brutality videos from the US at the moment, but the NYPD moving on to just target pedestrians that aren't even a protest is really a good look

It's like a cop flashmob.  The guys with the bikes look like they're shitting.  I love the two guys continuing with their meal as this happens around them.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

Security contractor for a news organization shot a right-wing protester after being maced by the protester.

Now legally this seems pretty obviously not an acceptable escalation of force and the guard's clearly not properly trained.

That said, it's funny to see right wingers losing their shit over this when this is excatly the kind of escalation of force they regularly advocate.

5 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

Security contractor for a news organization shot a right-wing protester after being maced by the protester.

Now legally this seems pretty obviously not an acceptable escalation of force and the guard's clearly not properly trained.

That said, it's funny to see right wingers losing their shit over this when this is excatly the kind of escalation of force they regularly advocate.

Yup.

And of course last night, there were a few right-wing news sources claiming the shooter was antifa.  This country is so fucked up.

Archived