Police: V doesn't necessarily stand for Victory

JGP

16 hours ago, TrueMetis said:

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/10/10/denver-protests-saturday-civic-center-park/

Security contractor for a news organization shot a right-wing protester after being maced by the protester.

I really don't think protestors of any kind should carry mace, as they are asking to be out-maced, and the idea of security being contracted by the press and armed with guns is so foreign to ...civilisation? 

But it is what the right wing want. They probably don't care which sides get shot as long as it escalates.

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

I really don't think protestors of any kind should carry mace, as they are asking to be out-maced, and the idea of security being contracted by the press and armed with guns is so foreign to ...civilisation? 

But it is what the right wing want. They probably don't care which sides get shot as long as it escalates.

It's foreign to civilization to threaten the free press.

Seems like the dead protester maced a security guard with a gun? Like, he brought an aerosol to a gunfight? Usually the bootlicker crowd would be talking about how they deserved what they got but instead they're whining and crying because a right wing asshole suffered some consequences.

• 2 weeks later...

Judge ordered Grand Jury records to be released from the Breonna Taylor case

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1244041?__twitter_impression=true

A grand juror who heard evidence in the Breonna Taylor probe said Tuesday that the grand jury didn’t agree that her fatal shooting was justified, a disclosure that came after a Kentucky judge ordered records in the proceedings released to show if "publicly elected officials are being honest."

In a statement, “Grand Juror #1,” as the person has been identified by lawyer Kevin Glogower, said that the only charge presented during the proceedings was wanton endangerment.

Seems pretty unlikely that this incredibly shitty attempt to bury the issue isn't going to backfire even more. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-police-car-video-west-unrest-child-backseat-20201028.html

Cops surrounded a car, bashed out the windows, beat the driver and passenger, and pulled their kid out of the car.

The fraternal order of police then posted a picture of that kid on their facebook claiming it was a child that had been rescued. Not a child they kidnapped after brutalizing it's parents. The post has been deleted, but the internet is forever

On 10/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, TrueMetis said:

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philadelphia-police-car-video-west-unrest-child-backseat-20201028.html

Cops surrounded a car, bashed out the windows, beat the driver and passenger, and pulled their kid out of the car.

The fraternal order of police then posted a picture of that kid on their facebook claiming it was a child that had been rescued. Not a child they kidnapped after brutalizing it's parents. The post has been deleted, but the internet is forever

That's one of the most despicable things I've seen from shithole police unions, and that's really saying something. As a follow-up, the Fraternal Order of Pigfuckers did try to address their lying tweet, in between their grotesque pro-Trump tweets. With an amazing display of passive language and weaseling, they chalked it up to "conflicting accounts" -- yeah, the brutal truth and shit-mouthed copaganda were in conflict.

I'm glad this story is getting national play. They shouldn't be allowed to live this down. 

In a similar story but of far different scale, the Boston Police Patrolmen's Association (whose recent former president was a child rapist) tried to "cancel" a bartender who had posted about being beaten by cops at a protest. They tweeted a picture of the bartender's post as well as a story from 2018 about her working at a local taqueria, and told the taqueria that they wouldn't be patronizing the establishment. Of course the stupid fascist shits failed to do basic investigation and the taqueria had to politely inform them that the bartender hadn't worked there in two years. Shoot first and ask questions later? Sounds about right.

A cop union erroneously tried to cancel a restaurant because they believed the restaurant's employee had exercised her First Amendment right to protest. Where are the people here to wring their hands and decry liberal "cancel culture" run amok?

https://www.boston.com/food/restaurants/2020/10/20/boston-police-patrolmens-association-yellow-door-taqueria-twitter

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

We have to eliminate or, at a minimum, severely curtail qualified immunity.  These men should be personally accountable for their actions.

• 2 weeks later...

The head of the NYPD anti-discrimination division has been found by an internal investigation to have written a bunch of flamingly bigoted messages on an anonymous message board. He was suspended without pay for 30 days and chose to retire before they could fire him, because he is a gutless sack of shit.

The head of Kobel’s union said the 29-year NYPD employee retired to avoid a departmental disciplinary hearing, where de Blasio suggested he “be terminated immediately” if found guilty of violating NYPD rules.

“Given the current political climate and anti-police sentiment, DI Kobel did not see it as possible to get a fair administrative trial and decided to avail himself of the opportunity to file for retirement,” Captains Endowment Association President Chris Monahan said.

In messages posted on the website, “Clouseau" referred to Bronx District Attorney Darcel Clark as a “gap-tooth wildebeest,” ridiculed Public Advocate Jumaane Williams for having Tourette's syndrome, called former President Barack Obama a “Muslim savage” and Mayor Bill de Blasio’s son, Dante, a “brillohead.” All of them are Black.

I love the whiny reasoning from the union head. "People are so unfairly biased against cops, he wouldn't get a fair hearing."

Fuck all these unaccountable fascist pricks.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nypd-anti-discrimination-chief-suspended-without-pay-over-vile-racist-messages/2822729/?amp

35 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The head of the NYPD anti-discrimination division has been found by an internal investigation to have written a bunch of flamingly bigoted messages on an anonymous message board. He was suspended without pay for 30 days and chose to retire before they could fire him, because he is a gutless sack of shit.

I love the whiny reasoning from the union head. "People are so unfairly biased against cops, he wouldn't get a fair hearing."

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/nypd-anti-discrimination-chief-suspended-without-pay-over-vile-racist-messages/2822729/?amp

"Don't worry, it's a few bad apples"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @BigFatCoward

Just wondering if could get your opinion on the following, from a messageboard talking about how likely you are to get busted for growing cannabis for personal use at home in the UK.

Years ago I was given a cannabis plant in a tub. I decided to let it grow as it was very small. It was growing well in the tub on my front window sill . There was a knock on the door, I opened it to see two policemen.They asked if they could come in and speak to me. I thought they had seen the ‘weed’ and I was in trouble. I told them to come in. They said ‘’Don’t worry its not about you’’ (they actually wanted to ask if I had seen the guy who lived next door as he was wanted by the police. ) They sat right in front of my plants. But they didn’t turn and look at them and they didn’t make a comment.

In your opinion, what is the likelihood that this is total BS?

Also, what's your professional view on the matter? 

On 1/12/2021 at 4:40 PM, DanteGabriel said:

Hmm can we really count this man as a racist because he says patently racist things?

Kidding.

But seriously this man probably could make a bundle of money complaining on how he was canceled.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:40 AM, Spockydog said:

Hey @BigFatCoward

Just wondering if could get your opinion on the following, from a messageboard talking about how likely you are to get busted for growing cannabis for personal use at home in the UK.

In your opinion, what is the likelihood that this is total BS?

Also, what's your professional view on the matter? 

Does every police officer know what weed in plant form looks like? No

Do they all know what it smells like? Yes

Do we give a shit about one plant that we could pretend we hadn't noticed when a law abiding citizen is helping us with our enquiries? Not really. 

46 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Does every police officer know what weed in plant form looks like? No

Does they all know what it smells like? Yes

Do we give a shit about one plant that we could pretend we hadn't noticed when a law abiding citizen is helping us with our enquiries? Not really. 

Reminds me of an incident recounted in a retired Glasgow cop’s published recollections. The cop joined in the 60’s or 70’s, retiring either 90’s or early 00’s. 
In one of the later chapters he recounts a musician’s house search being undertaken by himself (not long before retiring) and a young cop new in service.

The older cop and musician discussed the musician’s vinyll collection, watching the young cop diligently conduct the search. Neither liked to tell him that the potted plants he was picking up and looking under were fully mature cannabis plants.

Archived