Oldies! Represent..

needle

What a trip down memory lane. So many board names I basically feel I grew up reading. I can still remember being young enough that I needed my Dad to take me to Torcon. And how Dub and others then proceeded to supply me with my first alcoholic drinks. Seems like just yesterday, and now I finally understand people who remember something and then complain about feeling old. 

4 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

I feel that even if my avatar isn’t a gif, EHK would be proud. 

A picture of EHK popped up in my memories a few days ago. Bittersweet. 

10 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I am amused how many actual marriages came out of Glascon in one way or another.

:agree:

9 hours ago, Lightning Lord said:

EZboard looked like the html page I made in 9th grade for my school's Model UN program.

I mourn it still.

I had a really badass avatar on ezboard. None of this cuddly monkey crap.

2 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Also finally passed my driving test, just before lockdown and shortly before I turned 41

I didn't drive between passing test at 17 and when I moved out of London at 41. Drove 200 miles the first day. Stupid boy. 

I wish there was a way for you to easily embed pictures of when you joined/now, so everyone could see how you changed from a nerdy mess to grown ups over the last 2 decades. 

36 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I didn't drive between passing test at 17 and when I moved out of London at 41. Drove 200 miles the first day. Stupid boy. 

I wish there was a way for you to easily embed pictures of when you joined/now, so everyone could see how you changed from a nerdy mess to grown ups over the last 2 decades. 

I have decided to give up an adulting myself. I even started buying LEGO again. I think the reverse trend started when I turned 30. I mean being geeky is far easier now with streaming, countless wikis and awesome stuff like VR. Well I have to work but you need surprisingly little adulting for that. I mean nobody cares if you wear stuff with superheroes or even unicorns on it anymore.

23 minutes ago, sologdin said:

what a wonderful thread. a pleasure to see so many of you after so long.

if anyone needs to file a claim against the board for age discrimination, PM me for free consultation.

Sure, when pimping for business you write in plain English.

Archived