Oldies! Represent..

needle

17 hours ago, Reny of Storms End said:

What a trip down memory lane. So many board names I basically feel I grew up reading. I can still remember being young enough that I needed my Dad to take me to Torcon. And how Dub and others then proceeded to supply me with my first alcoholic drinks. Seems like just yesterday, and now I finally understand people who remember something and then complain about feeling old. 

I’m willing to bet your dad knew we were getting you absolutely sauced.  That was a good con.

Said this in the MMM nostalgia thread also, but, I love these. Especially as I mostly don't go on Facebook anymore. Delightful to see everyone still kicking it.

I hope 11 years here qualifies me for this thread. 

Working in a second career and doing another MSc. I'm still in Berlin and my German is still schlecht. Aber ich schaffe. 

Excellent to hear updates from you guys. :cheers:

I've been in these parts since EzBoard.  Might have been on the eesite too, or whatever it was called.  Member #533 here!  I'm sure no one knows me from back then as I mostly read, but I recognize all the names.  One thread I started got called "obnoxious" by Jaxom is about the only thing I remember.  :P

The mention of Torcon 3 reminds me I went to the Westeros party back then.  I mean, living in Toronto, why not?  But I don't think I talked to anybody and left shortly, as far as I can remember.

On facebook I'm friends with Balefont, whom I met in a totally unrelated group when she asked what forums people participated in.  Now I see that was her clever plot to uncover hidden Westeros boarders amongst that interest group.  She's a tricksy one.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Young Wolf said:

You motherfuckers are old and lame now.  King Billy Dee is disappointed in you all.

Not I.

Though, one might say some funny things have happened on my way back to the forum.

....................ummm, guys in the back who appreciate 60 year old Broadway references, you know what I'm talking about.

• 7 months later...

Archived