What are you famous for?

Whitestripe

What are you famous for?  Last weekend, I went to my friend’s remote camp in the Adirondacks and DROPPED MY PHONE IN THE OUTHOUSE. Yup. Could not be retrieved.  (Not that I wanted to, it was an iPhone 6 and due to be replaced anyway.) It was hilarious.  Of course I posted the funny story on Facebook. Now, I live in a REALLY small town. Today was farmers market day. I swear 5 people out and about said “Oh hi Stripey! So sorry to hear about your phone” with barely a straight face.   Apparently, I will forever be known as “the girl who lost her phone in the shitter.”  

Go ahead, laugh. It is funny. But really, what makes you a local legend? 

21 minutes ago, Whitestripe said:

What are you famous for?  Last weekend, I went to my friend’s remote camp in the Adirondacks and DROPPED MY PHONE IN THE OUTHOUSE. Yup. Could not be retrieved.  (Not that I wanted to, it was an iPhone 6 and due to be replaced anyway.) It was hilarious.  Of course I posted the funny story on Facebook. Now, I live in a REALLY small town. Today was farmers market day. I swear 5 people out and about said “Oh hi Stripey! So sorry to hear about your phone” with barely a straight face.   Apparently, I will forever be known as “the girl who lost her phone in the shitter.”  

Go ahead, laugh. It is funny. But really, what makes you a local legend? 

I recovered my phone off the top of a turd. 

Where I come from I'm probably most famous for getting a sawn off shotgun stuck in my face during an armed robbery when I was 15. 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I recovered my phone off the top of a turd. 

Where I come from I'm probably most famous for getting a sawn off shotgun stuck in my face during an armed robbery when I was 15. 

Stuck in your face? That’ll teach you to sniff glue.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I was going over 100 most of the way. And again, parked, at the concert.....

The first time I skipped some classes in high school I made the front page of the City section of the Ottawa Citizen newspaper the next day. I was photographed cutting through Landsdowne Park and stupid teenager that I was, I agreed to use of name not thinking it'd have a caption with the date. *L* I've lost that memento along the way in the 33 years since it was snapped but it was pretty artsy. My reflection was in a pool of water in the lot outside Aberdeen Pavilion, which was the subject of the article. 

For various values of famous (or infamous): Nate, @Mr. X and I gave Ron Donachie (Ser Rodrik on the show) a spicy drink at the Chicago WorldCon that made his face go numb. The next WorldCon, Rory McCann (The Hound on the show) walked up to us and said "YOU!!!!! Ron Donachie warned me about you people!"  :lol:

Archived