What are you famous for?

Whitestripe

3 hours ago, Inkdaub said:

You guys are letting caution get the better of you and aiming too low.  This is Mike Seaver we're talking about.

See, that's the difference. I wouldn't have outed him that way, I'd have gone down to say Razzie Award Winner. Or I would've made some comment along the lines of carrying a Bronze Christmas Star, a true Christmas War Veteran.

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Kurt Cobain never knew how to play the guitar either, didn't stop him.

Thems fighting words.  Look, I was as irked by the "Grateful Dead Suck" shirt as anyone, but apparently that was his way of telling Courtney he had her back (her dad and Lesh were good friends, I guess, and she hated anyone associated with her old man).  

Guitar wise, sure, he was no Kim Thayil, and kept it very simple, but when you're trying to get noticed in the era of Guns n Roses and the cock-rock over the top solos, or the epic stuff Soundgarden was churning out, or JC's insanely genius compositions, you have to do something different to stand out.  Like make catchy simple songs.  According to Novoselic a lot of Kurt's earlier stuff was more guitar driven and involved, giving Jason Newsted the boot and keeping it simple seems like it was a very deliberate choice.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

Look, I was as irked by the "Grateful Dead Suck" shirt as anyone

Oh, no, I was just being a smartass.  I love Nirvana, and Cobain.  Love Sublime even more, but still enjoy making fun of Nowell's tenuous grasp on the five basic chords.

Just now, larrytheimp said:

I figured, just starved to talk about something not doom and gloom on a hot-as-balls-summer of covid day.

I hear ya.  Been in Pittsburgh for six years now, this is by far the hottest I've ever seen it.  My solution is weed and drink.  Suspect yours is too.  Or you can try to bait Kal - @Kalibear - into an argument.  He seems to be on the hunt for one.

3 minutes ago, DMC said:

I hear ya.  Been in Pittsburgh for six years now, this is by far the hottest I've ever seen it.  My solution is weed and drink.  Suspect yours is too.  Or you can try to bait Kal - @Kalibear - into an argument.  He seems to be on the hunt for one.

I am not discussing "Bernie Bros" again.  I am avoiding US Politics fights, except with Tywin, until after the election.  If any of you want to fight me, take it to the Bakker threads.  Who will take the knife to my heart?!?!

Archived