Fantasy Football 2020

Whiskeyjack

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

3-1 this week and only lost in Dynasty by not paying attention to my suoerflex position, so you're welcome, King's Landing Cullers...

You best believe I was refreshing the screen every minute until it was locked in. Still, you went 2-1 against me this week. I have no idea what happened in B and C.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You best believe I was refreshing the screen every minute until it was locked in. Still, you went 2-1 against me this week. I have no idea what happened in B and C.

Absolute brain cramp on my part.  For some reason my other QB didn't drop into that slot like everywhere else...but I suspect that's a product of the dynasty format and how the teams were structured with returning players.  Totally my fault.

I’m in my normal 12 team auction league, and we decided to cut the normal league fee in half just in case. So I thought this year would be the perfect season to try something probably really dumb and get the top RB and WR at any cost. $200 salary- I spent 79 on McCaffrey and 71 on Thomas. It seems to already have blown up in my face as Thomas will be out for “several weeks”. Fuck it, 2020.

On 8/9/2020 at 8:51 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Tagging some other people who were in B and C last year.

@rocksniffer
@Mudguard
@Jaxom 1974
@grozeng
@PyroclasticFlow
@aceluby
@l2 0 5 5

SheWhoMustBeObeyed, rocksniffer’s niece, asked me to send in the sniffer’s regrets. 

The two of them have been deeply involved in moving an elderly relative, and rocksniffer has been living with her as they slowly look after the complicated things they have to do to make the move. No wi-fi is big problem.

I know he really misses doing this. Oh well, next year!

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

SheWhoMustBeObeyed, rocksniffer’s niece, asked me to send in the sniffer’s regrets. 

The two of them have been deeply involved in moving an elderly relative, and rocksniffer has been living with her as they slowly look after the complicated things they have to do to make the move. No wi-fi is big problem.

I know he really misses doing this. Oh well, next year!

Glad to hear he's doing okay.  Was concerned when he didn't show up.

Will be very happy to have him back next year.

So it appears the secret to a good fantasy football season is to stay away from the RBs I draft in Dynasty.  Last year I lost all my RBs to injury and this year I lost Barkley.  It is crazy. I  know we all had this happen to us this weekend, but every time ESPN updated an injury it looked like one of my players is out for the season.  My 15 year old daughter was laughing so hard at my reactions every time something scrolled across the bottom of ESPN

19 hours ago, grozeng said:

So it appears the secret to a good fantasy football season is to stay away from the RBs I draft in Dynasty.  Last year I lost all my RBs to injury and this year I lost Barkley.  It is crazy. I  know we all had this happen to us this weekend, but every time ESPN updated an injury it looked like one of my players is out for the season.  My 15 year old daughter was laughing so hard at my reactions every time something scrolled across the bottom of ESPN

My Westeros A team had Barkley, McCaffrey and Tyrod Taylor starting.  That team is not so good right now.

Honestly this is exactly why I never shell out for RBs in auctions. The top ones eat up way too large of a percentage of your cap, they're the most likely players to get hurt and even the good ones lose carries to their back ups.

So far my teams are 7-3 across five leagues. My money league team is awesome, but all my teams here are just alright. Playing with you guys has clearly given me an advantage over my friends because they never seem to learn the value of getting two top five QBs in a slim super flex league. Wilson and Murray accounted for 80 of my 194 points, and that was with my top pick Thomas on the bench.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Honestly this is exactly why I never shell out for RBs in auctions.

This is why I really enjoy the dynasty league here.  Lock up a few RBs at values well below market value and you're potentially set for years.  I paid $55 total for Nick Chubb, Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders, Leonard Fournette, D'Andre Swift, and Joshua Kelley this year.

Pick five, with at least two RBs and two WRs:

Nick Chubb
Joe Mixon
Jerick McKinnon
Jonathan Taylor

Chris Godwin
Tyler Lockett
Terry McLaurin
Robby Anderson
Diontae Johnson

With Adams doubtful and Barkley out for the year, I've been left with a bunch of guys who are all pretty interchangeable in my pay dynasty league.

I'm leaning Chubb/Taylor/McKinnon/Godwin/Lockett.

16 hours ago, briantw said:

Pick five, with at least two RBs and two WRs:

Nick Chubb
Joe Mixon
Jerick McKinnon
Jonathan Taylor

Chris Godwin
Tyler Lockett
Terry McLaurin
Robby Anderson
Diontae Johnson

With Adams doubtful and Barkley out for the year, I've been left with a bunch of guys who are all pretty interchangeable in my pay dynasty league.

I'm leaning Chubb/Taylor/McKinnon/Godwin/Lockett.

Agreed with lean but Mixon for McKinnon.  The 49ers defense is in pretty bad shape and they could be playing catch up.

Archived