Fantasy Football 2020

Whiskeyjack

On 12/17/2020 at 7:49 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

Guess that's the end of my team in W-B.  After the Dak and Burrow injuries, only fitting that a Carr injury in the first 30 minutes of the semi-finals would finish things.

Somehow managed to win this by less than a point.

Well, this week was a mixed bag.  

Won my guillotine league, which was awesome.  Thanks, Kamara.

Lost a dynasty league due to that last second pick by Jalen Hurts.  Lost by .7 points.  Absolutely brutal.

Won the third place games in my other two pay leagues, thus getting my money back.  Yay?

League Champions

Experts:  Jaxom
Westeros A:  Jaime
Westeros B:  Whiskeyjack
Westeros C:  Bronn

Congrats to the rest of you!

Kind of hilarious that my Westeros B team won.  Was probably my 3rd best team.  Lost McCaffrey and Dak for most of the season - my 1st and 3rd round picks.  Also Burrow, who was my QB2.  Relied on an awesome WR core of Diggs, Ridley, Diontae, + Woods plus a patched together group at QB and RB.  Think that outside of the WR, my hero down the stretch was actually Mitch Trubisky.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

So in 2016 Jaxom said he would trade a Hillary defeat for a Cubs WS, and for years later he's rewarded with an Experts Championship.

This is all icky and wrong, like Roy Moore hanging around a Birmingham mall. 

I don’t have Yu any more in Chicago, you can just give me this and sit down Ty.  ^_^

37 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

League Champions

Experts:  Jaxom
Westeros A:  Jaime
Westeros B:  Whiskeyjack
Westeros C:  Bronn

Congrats to the rest of you!

I won Dynasty.  Jace won Keeper.

To me it is hilarious that the year that I strongly agreed that relegation was a bad idea, is the year I almost certainly would have won my way in to Experts.

Well, I start out with a boost for next year, no?
And congrats to all the winners!  Turned out to be an almost legitimate fantasy season.  For the most part, Covid played a minor part - you didn't have any NFL teams actually missing multiple games - closest was the week when the Ravens had to play with kitchen scraps, but even that was only once.

10 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

I won Dynasty.  Jace won Keeper.

To me it is hilarious that the year that I strongly agreed that relegation was a bad idea, is the year I almost certainly would have won my way in to Experts.

Well, I start out with a boost for next year, no?
And congrats to all the winners!  Turned out to be an almost legitimate fantasy season.  For the most part, Covid played a minor part - you didn't have any NFL teams actually missing multiple games - closest was the week when the Ravens had to play with kitchen scraps, but even that was only once.

That is the question. I think winning a league in 2021 will still be the primary means to get into Experts next year. But thinking 2020 championships will be secondary evidence for admittance. Can serve as either a tiebreaker or will get you in if we don't have enough qualified 2021 champions. And really only applies to you as you're the only current non-Expert league member who won a league (and infact won 2). 

44 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

That is the question. I think winning a league in 2021 will still be the primary means to get into Experts next year. But thinking 2020 championships will be secondary evidence for admittance. Can serve as either a tiebreaker or will get you in if we don't have enough qualified 2021 champions. And really only applies to you as you're the only current non-Expert league member who won a league (and infact won 2). 

Also think, if a spot opens prior to 2021 for whatever reason (not mine, ya'll stuck with me), that Bronn gets dibs...

Well, looks like when we close the books on this fantasy season, I won one my other free league, and stayed above the Jaxom line in Experts.

In my cheapest money league, $25, I won third place for $35 while thinking I was in a consolation game.  So next year paid for at least.  Beat a guy with Diggs by 1.5.

In my $100 league, I won the consolation bracket against Kamara, (thanks again Diggs!).  Gives me $10 extra in the auction next year.  3 keepers, QB 2RB 3 WR 2Flex, one Super Flex, TE, D K, 200 budget, so I should be in good shape next year with Diggs at 18, Ridley at 22, Diontae Johnson at 9 or Miles Gaskin at 5. 

in my $160 league, I was destroyed by injuries/covid, won highest score two weeks for $15 each I think, and won the week 17 "Free for all" (play all 17 roster spots against the whole league with basically double the regular roster positions available) for $100.

So as bad as it looked 2 week ago, I managed to maximize week 16/17 at least.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived